Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-19-2005   #1
bigtex77
Veteran

Default Kool-aid?

Has anyone heard the Bears fans on some of the national radio shows, man some of those people really think their team is going somewhere. Personally, I think they'll come back down to earth against their upcoming schedule. I guess I can't blame them, I was drinking the Texan kool-aid until watching our team made me laugh so hard it came out my nose.
Old 11-19-2005   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Considering how weak their division is, they actually could go to the playoffs.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Considering how weak their division is, they actually could go to the playoffs.
They will. They have beaten all of their division opponents. They have swept the Lions already.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the knock on the Bears? They have a dominant Defense and a fairly good O-line. Wait a second....that sounds familiar. Oh! that's what I wish the Texans had! Despite playing with a rookie QB, the Bears have been playing well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

locked thread, maybe?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
bigtex77
Veteran

Damn, this crow tastes nasty!, Sorry Bears.
Old 11-21-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Props to you BigTex. Not too many people admit when they're wrong...myself included.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
bigtex77
Veteran

Hey, I gotta give to them, they looked strong against the Panthers, and I can admit when I am wrong. I don't know how the season will turn out, but the looked good today, playoff caliber for sure.
Old 11-21-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

They win by playing strong defense. I think they have a rookie QB too.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

The Bears look real good right now and could easily make a run through the playoffs, but either way I doubt any NFC team will win the Super Bowl. All the NFC teams are good at either offense or defense, but not both. Chicago and Tampa Bay have great defenses but not much of an offense, the Giants and Seahawks have good offenses and not much of a defense. Carolina and Dallas both have relatively balanced teams, their defenses being better than their offenses, but both teams have shown an inability to close out games and have looked suspect at times and I don't think either of them are ready to win a Super Bowl. The Broncos and Colts are clearly the best teams in the NFL right now and should have a memorable showdown in the playoffs this year, although I don't see it being a blowout like the last two years.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read