Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2005   #1
DBLR1
Rookie

Default My take

I don't come on here much but I wanted to see if anyone had the same feeling as me on this. I personally place the majority of the blame for all of this teams short-comings on Capers. This is why: Capers thrived in Carolina on a team that was loaded with veterans and they went far----when they began to leave, so did the wins. I think he is a good coach but I don't think he can develop players very well. When our defense was built up of mainly vets we were pretty solid barring any injuries. I look at our offense and see so much young talent and who's to say those guys weren't brought up right. Who knows if Wand could be a good tackle and just wasn't taught everything he needed to develop. I am not going to sit here and say we have a great line by any means but why did it take so long for them to realize that Pitts was the best person for that job. That leads right back to the coaching again. That is all I have for today and please let me know what you guys think. I can't wait for this game sunday night, I know I will be there yelling my brains out no matter what. Go Texans!
DBLR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with all of that and I think most of us do. The thing about Wand is that Pitts would have been better at LT all along than Wand, although, who knows, Wand might be even better some day. Just when Pitts was ready to do it well, they put Wand in there. Overall, I think you're right about Capers. He had an all-star team in Carolina and he's really just a good DC who is completely lost when making OL decisions, not to mention play calling, quarterbacks, etc.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

And just as Wand seemed to be learning his position, they threw Riley in there. It's circular with these coaches.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Capers was able to turn around Jax's defense as a DC as well. Agree - I think he has the knack for Def. coord., just a bit overwhelmed as a head coach. Nothing wrong with that... except when you don't realize your limitations, or can't achieve them yet, and it affects others on the team.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Capers was able to turn around Jax's defense as a DC as well. Agree - I think he has the knack for Def. coord., just a bit overwhelmed as a head coach. Nothing wrong with that... except when you don't realize your limitations, or can't achieve them yet, and it affects others on the team.
Well said
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read