Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Who is staying?

I was just wondering who on the offensive line will be here at this time next year?

Locks to stay:

Chester Pitts
Todd Wade
Drew Hodgdon
Milford Brown
Todd Washington

On the bubble:

Steve McKinney
Zach Wiegert
Seth Wand

Already gone:

Victor Riley
Fred Weary
Old 11-17-2005   #2
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I was just wondering who on the offensive line will be here at this time next year?

Locks to stay:

Chester Pitts
Todd Wade
Drew Hodgdon
Milford Brown
Todd Washington

On the bubble:

Steve McKinney
Zach Wiegert
Seth Wand

Already gone:

Victor Riley
Fred Weary
Believe it or not, I can see all those locks stay, with the addition of Wiegert staying too. Victor , Fred, Seth will be bubble boys and Steve will be around with less money next year or he will be gone. Just kinda what i think.
Old 11-18-2005   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

funny thing is i think a lot will depend on what offensive lineman are available in FA and who the Gm believes we can get in the draft
Old 11-18-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Why would you get rid of Zach Weigert? So far he's been our best offensive lineman when he's been playing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Why would you get rid of Zach Weigert? So far he's been our best offensive lineman when he's been playing.
Yeah, when he is playing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
funny thing is i think a lot will depend on what offensive lineman are available in FA and who the Gm believes we can get in the draft
I heard this morning on Cold Pizza and heard a few weeks ago that Jonathon Ogden is not happy with the Raven's bad performance this season and their front office cutting his brother, and he will probably either retire or leave the Ravens after this season.
Old 11-18-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I heard this morning on Cold Pizza and heard a few weeks ago that Jonathon Ogden is not happy with the Raven's bad performance this season and their front office cutting his brother, and he will probably either retire or leave the Ravens after this season.
So he is complaining about the Raven's bad performance? Why in the world would he go to the Texans then? That doesn't make sense.
Old 11-18-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
So he is complaining about the Raven's bad performance? Why in the world would he go to the Texans then? That doesn't make sense.
From what I get, he is more upset about them cutting his brother, the Raven's bad season is just the icing on the cake, from what I read and hear anyway.
Old 11-18-2005   #9
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

What does Ogden have to prove with a new team? He is a multiple time pro bowler, he has a ring and he close to 40.
Old 11-18-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you're "Locks to stay" list is a little too big. I would not say that Milford Brown or Todd Washington are locks at this point. So much of what happens depends on whether or not the team has a coaching purge at the end of the year. If a new coach comes in then I'd say the locks are probably only Chester Pitts (basically our best lineman), Drew Hodgdon because he's a second year guy and we obviously have needs at center, and finally Todd Wade who we'll be stuck with due to the money. Clearly we also hope we can get better performance out of him.

That's about it for true "locks". Obviously we're going to keep a bunch of these guys because you can't replace everyone in one offseason even if you need to. I wouldn't call Todd Washington or Milford Brown "Already Gone" though. I'd say almost all of our linemen go into camp on the bubble and trying out for their new coaches.

I'm sure somebody we've all written off will manage to make this team and somebody that we all think should stick will be looking for work.
Old 11-18-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
What does Ogden have to prove with a new team? He is a multiple time pro bowler, he has a ring and he close to 40.
And besides Freeney eats his lunch.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I think you're "Locks to stay" list is a little too big. I would not say that Milford Brown or Todd Washington are locks at this point. So much of what happens depends on whether or not the team has a coaching purge at the end of the year. If a new coach comes in then I'd say the locks are probably only Chester Pitts (basically our best lineman), Drew Hodgdon because he's a second year guy and we obviously have needs at center, and finally Todd Wade who we'll be stuck with due to the money. Clearly we also hope we can get better performance out of him.

That's about it for true "locks". Obviously we're going to keep a bunch of these guys because you can't replace everyone in one offseason even if you need to. I wouldn't call Todd Washington or Milford Brown "Already Gone" though. I'd say almost all of our linemen go into camp on the bubble and trying out for their new coaches.

I'm sure somebody we've all written off will manage to make this team and somebody that we all think should stick will be looking for work.
from hpf.com salary page. it looks like wade would cost 6 million and change to let go. but its gonna cost us 5 million to keep him. so it would only cost us a little over 1mil more to let him go. might not be a bad time to "bite the bullet" if you dont think hes our rt tackle for the next 3 or 4 years.

its not like were gonna win a sb next year anyway.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you don't know that...a new coach and a new attitude and anything is possible...remember everyone a year ago thought the chargers would be picking high in the draft for mike williams and they got the playoffs
Old 11-18-2005   #14
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

See now that's the problem with the Texans........

how in the world did steve mc"take my money and dont block anyone"kinney get on the bubble? :brickwall
Old 11-20-2005   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
from hpf.com salary page. it looks like wade would cost 6 million and change to let go. but its gonna cost us 5 million to keep him. so it would only cost us a little over 1mil more to let him go. might not be a bad time to "bite the bullet" if you dont think hes our rt tackle for the next 3 or 4 years.

its not like were gonna win a sb next year anyway.
Huh? Why would you want to pay more to not have somebody? Are our guys THAT bad?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #16
phan1
All Pro

Ummm... You know they can't go unless we find better people to replace them right? Just a thought...
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if the Texans do the right thing and draft a LT in the 1st round then Wade would be expendable. You could put Pitts or the new guy over there. McKinney and Wiegert will probably be our starters at the guard positions next year. Hopefully we will draft a young guard to bring along and eventually fill one of those spots. We may be able to land a center in free agency. DHog did pretty good for a rookie but we need some insurance. REALLY fixing the OL in the draft and free agency next year will do more than trying to fix a hole here and there on the rest of the team except for the TE position. We need a good TE that can block and catch. That will go a long way in helping our OL and our offense in general.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read