Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-17-2005   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default Top 10 NFL prospects

SportsIllistrated.com has posted its top ten players in the draft. Check out Ferguson at #3 and Bush at #1. Yeah I know a lot of you will be like, see we need to get R.Bush, but check out D'Brick's comments. It says the Houston Texans love him. Yes sir, I want D'Brickshaw Ferguson for Houston Texans football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.10.html
Old 11-17-2005   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
SportsIllistrated.com has posted its top ten players in the draft. Check out Ferguson at #3 and Bush at #1. Yeah I know a lot of you will be like, see we need to get R.Bush, but check out D'Brick's comments. It says the Houston Texans love him. Yes sir, I want D'Brickshaw Ferguson for Houston Texans football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.10.html
the selections made have me questioning SI.

ty hill, huff, santonio holmes, gabe watson, winston justice are not top 10 prospects.

I've eliminated 5 right away, thats only half of their projected list.

ty hill, watson, and justice arent even the best at their own position...granted justice is the second OT, but joe thomas, eric winston, marcus mcneil, and some others are higher up now. Nagiata (sp) is a MUCH better DT than watson...he has no weight issues, has no motivation problem and is a better player on the field. Jimmy williams is a better prospect than hill.

huff and holmes are even questionable about being the tops at their respective position. Bing and landry are great prospects...I think huff is the best, but not a top 10 choice. Holmes is only considered one of the best because this class of WR is far below average if you need a #1.

I am very dissapointed in SI.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
the selections made have me questioning SI.

ty hill, huff, santonio holmes, gabe watson, winston justice are not top 10 prospects.

I've eliminated 5 right away, thats only half of their projected list.

ty hill, watson, arent even the best at their own position...granted justice is the second OT, but joe thomas, eric winston, marcus mcneil, and some others are higher up now. Nagiata (sp) is a MUCH better DT than watson...he has no weight issues, has not motivation problem and is a better player on the field. Jimmy williams is a better prospect than hill.

huff and holmes are even questionable about being the tops at their respective position. Bing and landry are great prospects...I think huff is the best, but not a top 10 choice. Holmes is only considered one of the best because this class of WR is far below average if you need a #1.

I am very dissapointed in SI.

Where oh Where is AJ hawk?!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Where oh Where is AJ hawk?!
exactly!! Mario Williams? Ahmad brooks?...he will be a stud in this league. if he declares, i hope that by some miricle he slips to our pick in the second...what a force!
Old 11-17-2005   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

are there any other reports like this one?:brickwall
Old 11-18-2005   #6
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Santonio Holmes in an incredibly talented and extreamly fast WR. He is a top 10 prospect. I agree that Gabe, Ty, and Winston aren't though.
Old 11-18-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

well I enjoyed the link, some nice photography, layout and design. should be open to all draft eligble prospects.

beerlovers list:

1. Reggie Bush, RB USC
2. Brady Quinn, QB ND (will not come out) Matt Leinhart, QB USC
3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT Virginia
4. Vince Young, QB UT (will not come out) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE BC
5. Ahmad Brooks, LB Virginia
6. Joe Thomas, LT W (will not come out) Eric Winston, LT U
7. Greg Olson, TE U (will not come out) Jimmy Williams, CB VT
8. A.J. Hawk, LB OSU
9. Mario Williams, DE NCS
10. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

Last edited by beerlover; 11-18-2005 at 10:05 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2005   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
well I enjoyed the link, some nice photography, layout and design. should be open to all draft eligble prospects.

beerlovers list:

1. Reggie Bush, RB USC
8. A.J. Hawk, LB OSU
i know you are right on this, but let us dream for a minute...
he will be in the same class as shokey and better than k2.
Old 11-18-2005   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

my top 10 who are eligable...granted some will not enter:

1. Matt Leinhart
2. Brady Quinn
3. D'brick
4. Ahmad Brooks
5. Reggie Bush (yes # 5 on my list!!)
6. AJ Hawk
7. Joe Thomas
8. Mario Williams
9. Greg Olson
10.Jimmy Williams
Old 11-18-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Reggie Bush, RB USC
6. Joe Thomas, LT W (will not come out) Eric Winston, LT U
8. A.J. Hawk, LB OSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
i know you are right on this, but let us dream for a minute...
he will be in the same class as shokey and better than k2.
This is who I would love the Texans to draft in 07, but I hope we are not this bad again, which is why I hope they get lucky and trade down this year (draft Winston) in exchange for a teams #1 next year that nets Olsen
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #11
SESupergenius

I've seen D'Angelo Williams play against UTEP, I didn't really know who he was when the game started, but I sure knew it when it was over. This kid has Talent.
Old 11-18-2005   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

My top 10 that will come out.

1. Reggie Bush - With the right team, will be putting up points in bunches. As long as Bush isnt the only weapon on the team, he will be magic.

2. Matt Leinart - A franchise QB, who has all the tools to succeed. Will be a hot comodity on draft day. Yes, another Manning trade is coming. Look for 2 #1's, and a few picks this year as well for the QB from USC.

3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson - Franchise left tackle. Alot of upside. And it appears the Texans like him. He can start at RT for a year, and then swap with Pitts.

4. A.J. Hawk - If you've seen him play, you know why hes #4. Guy is always around the ball. Has a nose for it.

5. Santonio Holmes - Again, if you have seen a OSU game, you know why Holmes is on the top 10. Will be a great #2 for years. And then a great #1 for even more years.

6. DeAngelo Williams - Reminds me alot of LT coming out of TCU. Small school back, who gets a ton of yards anyway he can.

7. Ahmad Brooks - I was expecting more from him this year, but he did come back from injury. But im not ready to drop him out of the top 10 just yet.

8. DeMeco Ryans - I love this guy. He is quick, has a nose for the ball, and loves the game. He is shooting up my draft board.

9. Mario Williams - Huge DE, who will go high on potential.

10. Eric Winston - Will be a steal for a running team. Maybe the Ravens should look into getting an apprentice at LT.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Man this board loves Joe Thomas

I'm still trying to understand why.
Old 11-18-2005   #14
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt

Flavor of the week.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt

His technique and power are rare, he is disciplined and is talked about because he is a "newcomer"

I have him ranked ahead of Winston for the moment...until winston proves that he is fully recovered.
Old 11-19-2005   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I've seen D'Angelo Williams play against UTEP, I didn't really know who he was when the game started, but I sure knew it when it was over. This kid has Talent.
I remeber he had some injury problems this year and last year, but when he plays he is something special. I think that he is a better prospect than Bush because he bassically has been putting up better numbers than Reggie against 8 man fronts on a pretty bad Memphis team. would not be surprissed if he is the first RB taken, and if he is not is because of injury history and the fact he is at a low-profile school (Jeorme Mathis anybody?)
Old 11-20-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

#83 from Notre Dame is a far better WR than Holmes. Kinda reminds me of Ed Mcaffery and not just because they are both white.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #18
TexansCanes
All Pro

Jeff Semar how ever you spell it has a better qb throwing him the ball. holmes on nd would win the heisman since he would play for the hype machine that is Notre Dame. I think olsen needs to stay one more year to become for complete. he is very good but sometimes drops some key passes, however he will come back and catch the next 8 in a row.
Old 11-20-2005   #19
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
#83 from Notre Dame is a far better WR than Holmes. Kinda reminds me of Ed Mcaffery and not just because they are both white.
Then why? He's nowhere near the blocker Eddie was.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read