Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-24-2004   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default In other news from Dallas

Apparently Darren Woodson is going to be having back surgery. Now normally I'm for any bad news in Cowboys world but I hate to see a guy needing back surgery. I've got a bad back and I can't even imagine playing football with one (surgery or not) so I'm wishing the best to Mr Woodson.

More info on this Here

So the Cowboys are short a safety. I've got two words for them: Matt Stevens.

Now that would be entertaining.
Old 07-24-2004   #2
Mistril48
All Pro

The secondary was supposed to be a strength of the C'boys, but even though they recently invested two high #1 picks, aren't they short a corner and now a safety? I don't know much about their depth, but do they have this covered?
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #3
pv1999
Veteran

The other Woodson hasn't signed yet...hmmmm.
Old 07-24-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well Woodson is only supposed to miss one regular season game, but that might be a bit of optimistic speculation. Either way I'm sure they'll just switch Roy to SS, and give the back up FS Lynn Scott some playing time. That is of course if Darren is out longer than the 1 regular season game. If it really is only that one game they'll probably just let Tony Dixon play SS and leave Williams at FS.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #5
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
I don't know much about their depth, but do they have this covered?

Sure they do! Tony Dixon or Keith Davis will fill in just fine.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #6
Mistril48
All Pro

Are they also covered at cornerback?
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read