Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

That team to the North

JustBonee

Veteran
..Hutchinson lashes out at Cowboys

From Dallas Morning News today ... (sorry, can't get the link to go here)

The Dallas Cowboys may be known as "America's Team," but they're no longer going to be Chad Hutchinson's team.

Funny .. "No offense to Vinny Testaverde, but he's 40 years old," Hutchinson told the Morning News. "And no offense to Drew Henson, but that's me two years ago."

According to a report in the Dallas Morning News, Hutchinson said Friday the Cowboys told his agent they'd be waiving the quarterback before training camp opens next week in Oxnard, Calif.

While Hutchinson told the Morning News he's not surprised by the move, he said he's upset with the way the team handled it, not letting him go until after they signed Vinny Testaverde and traded for Drew Henson. Now Hutchinson says it hurts his chances of finding a job for next season.

"No offense to Vinny Testaverde, but he's 40 years old," Hutchinson told the Morning News. "And no offense to Drew Henson, but that's me two years ago. To me, that's just a slap in the face. That's disappointing. The proper way to handle things was to let me go at the end of the (2003) season."

The Morning News said the Cowboys officials declined comment.

The Cowboys will enter camp with Quincy Carter — who beat out Hutchinson for the starting job last season — Testaverde, Henson and Tony Romo at quarterback.

Upon his release, Hutchinson will have to pass through waivers, and if he goes unclaimed he'll be a free agent. By cutting Hutchinson, the Morning News says the Cowboys will lose nearly $900,000 against the salary cap this year and another $1.5 million in 2005.

The Cowboys originally signed Hutchinson to a seven-year contract on Jan. 26, 2002 after he spent four years as a pitcher in the St. Louis Cardinals' organization. As a rookie, Hutchinson made nine starts, throwing for 1,555 yards with seven touchdowns and eight interceptions. He was sacked 34 times.

"I was glad to get the experience, but the bottom line was signing with the Cowboys was not a two-year or one-year deal," Hutchinson said. "Like what (coach Bill) Parcells is doing with Drew Henson, this was for three years down the road. I don't expect them to hold their word, but that's what the plan was."

Hutchinson played in NFL Europe this spring for the Rhein Fire. While he hurt his shoulder during the NFL Europe season, he told the Morning News he was healthy. When he came back to Dallas, he found out he was sharing a locker with Henson. "I will persevere through this," Hutchinson said. "I will become the quarterback I can become. It's unfortunate it's not going to be for the Dallas Cowboys but for someone else. I will guarantee the Cowboys will regret doing this. .. :ninja:

Fiddy

All Pro
Panther5407 said:
I wonder how the rest of the qbs feel about the talking.
Well, all Hutchinson did was point out the obvious. Testaverde is a 40 year old statue and Drew Henson has been out of football for 3 years I think. I would be angry, too.

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Since we're talking about the Cowboys I thought I'd toss in the fact that Bryant appears to be staying with them, and won't be subject to a trade. Here's a link to ESPN's article about it.

Camping With The Cowgirls

Apparently the Cowboys released Willie Blade as well. This comes as a bit of a shock to me because Parcells appeared to be pretty high on him.

Also on Monday, the Cowboys released defensive tackle Willie Blade and James Whalen, one of six tight ends on the roster. Two more moves have to be made before training camp begins Saturday in Oxnard, Calif. Dallas is expected to release quarterback Chad Hutchinson and put running back Erik Bickerstaff on injured reserve.
Here's the link to that. ESPN Monday Roundup

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
For crying out loud, the gentleman had a bad season in Europe. :dontknowa IMHO, he was probably another bad decision that Campo had some input.

scourge

Digression King
Im surprised with the release of Blade as well. Maybe he was out of shape druing the mini-camps. Who knows, but once Parcells doesnt care much for ya anymore, you're probably gone... unless you're Bryant. :hehe:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
scourge said:
Im surprised with the release of Blade as well. Maybe he was out of shape druing the mini-camps. Who knows, but once Parcells doesnt care much for ya anymore, you're probably gone... unless you're Bryant. :hehe:
Bold type mine
Think the Tuna will swallow some ego and keep Bryant around? :bowdown:

:rofl:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Lazarus said:
The actions that led to the article which started this thread are excellent examples why it was perfectly fine, according to the way the NFL now operates, for Ricky Williams to have taken the actions he did this week.

What is fine for a team's administration, coach, owner, etc. to do, is fine for any player to do - PERIOD - at anytime and with no fault found.
Laz.....I agree up to a point, but it sure puts your former teammates in a bind. :twocents:

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't keep Hutchison either.

All he does is fumble and Parcells won't have that. He may think he's a quality NFL QB,his agent may think so but he didn't show anything playing.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
SassyTexan said:
?? Did they kiss and make up?
From the article linked by texasguy earlier in this thread

Receiver Antonio Bryant is keeping his job with the Dallas Cowboys, despite having thrown a sweaty jersey at coach Bill Parcells.

Not too sure about the kissing part though. idonno:
Your guess is as good as mine.... :eek:

scourge

Digression King
They shopped bryant around, but werent offered what they wanted in return. I'd be surprised to see him there after this season though, unless he has a completely new attitude now. But with people around like Keyshawn to agitate him, I seriously doubt it. hell, id be willing to bet that Keyshawn continually tries to get under his skin throughout the season for no better reason than to try and keep Bryant from one day surpassing him on the depth chart because he knows he'll blow up much like he did towards parcells. Kinda like the heckler in Happy Gilmore. :rofl:

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How interesting. I was under the opinion that Bryant's agent had a very strong heart to heart talk with the gentleman and came up with a different way to approach disappointments. I'm sure it was a sobering that the phone wasn't ringing off the hook during the cooling off period while excluded from team practices.