Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default wade put on IR

chronicle reports that wade was put on IR and The Texans filled the vacancy on their eight-man practice squad by signing Jason Nerys (6-4, 310 pounds) on Tuesday. The offensive guard/center is a former lineman out of Delaware.

He originally signed with the New York Jets in 2004 as a free agent.

Nerys has spent time on the Jets and Washington Redskins practice squads during the past two seasons.

Does anyone have any other info on this guy?
Old 11-16-2005   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Here ya go.

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/jul/nerys092404.html

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/nerysecac.html

So there you have it.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I read that too on the www.houstonprofootball.com website.

I kinda would like to see if Wand can play RT .. that way we can know if he can stay on the team being he can't play LT .

the website said it depends on Weigarts injury on how they do it.. Wand or Riley at RT
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

His college team was known as the "Fightin’ Blue Hens".
I dunno.....he's probably learned to be damn tough in the first place if
he went to a college with that nick name.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It appears our line will be, from left to right:

Pitts, Brown, McKinney, Riley, Weigert

Is Riley is so high on the coaches list they'll move anybody to get him some PT, or what?
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #6
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I want to say Riley played RG with the Chiefs, and although he was drafted with aspirations of becoming a tackle, he ended up being much more effective as a guard. This may be a better fit for him anyways, I'm all for trying Wiegert at RT, and Riley at RG.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

i must say i've been impressed with milfrod brown's play recently...i thought when we had to put him into the starting line-up the play of the line was gonna suffer because he wasn't that impressive during preseason...but he's really seemed to turn a page and it's good to see him improving with every game
Old 11-16-2005   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i must say i've been impressed with milfrod brown's play recently...i thought when we had to put him into the starting line-up the play of the line was gonna suffer because he wasn't that impressive during preseason...but he's really seemed to turn a page and it's good to see him improving with every game
Consistent playing time can do that to younger players. Or they can crash and burn.

Last edited by Runner; 11-16-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

yeah well i expected brown to crash and burn and the fact that he hasn't is giving me some hope that he can come in here and fill the LG position or RG position next year...seeing how weigert never makes it through 7 games without an injury...weary on the other has got to be the biggest dissappointment on the team right now...the guy was a 3rd rounder and can't make it onto the field with all the injuries we have on the o-line...just plan sad...way to go charlie...drafting him and hill has really worked out well for ya
Old 11-19-2005   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Just found this reported by the Chronicle on Wade's replacement:

The Texans moved right tackle Todd Wade to the reserve/injured list Friday, and signed guard Tyson Walter to the 53-man roster. Walter, a 6-4, 303-pound guard, is in his fourth season out of Ohio State. Walter was with the Dallas Cowboys from 2002 to 2004. He played in 39 games and made nine starts.

Wade will miss the rest of the season after spraining his medial collateral ligament last week.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3471218

I must not be hearing things correctly, cause it sounds like this is the second person signed off the street to replace Wade.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #11
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Just found this reported by the Chronicle on Wade's replacement:

The Texans moved right tackle Todd Wade to the reserve/injured list Friday, and signed guard Tyson Walter to the 53-man roster. Walter, a 6-4, 303-pound guard, is in his fourth season out of Ohio State. Walter was with the Dallas Cowboys from 2002 to 2004. He played in 39 games and made nine starts.

Wade will miss the rest of the season after spraining his medial collateral ligament last week.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3471218

I must not be hearing things correctly, cause it sounds like this is the second person signed off the street to replace Wade.
Parcells is good at judging O-linemen. If he cut him, I would say normally he's probably not worth much.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read