Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2005   #1
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Mathis

Anyone know is Mathis is coming back next week?
Old 11-16-2005   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

He supposedly saw limited action today in practice at least that is the word on foxsports
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been reading everywhere I can and it sounds like he practiced today.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Mathis cracks me up. In one game out 3
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #5
tex
Veteran

I hope he gets over the injury bug I love watching him return kickoffs.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

don't count on it...if what jon mcclain says is true he had the same injury prone problem at hampton
Old 11-16-2005   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

the kid does not stretch properly and that proves to be costly for a speed guy such as himself. The same thing is true for Randy Moss. and most other burners that is why guys like L. Coles and Nothcutt stretch so thoroughly.
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2005   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Donte Stallworth (WR, Saints) had hamstring problems his first three seasons. I haven't kept up recently, but so far, Mathis is reminding me of this guy. Fast as the wind, shows promise, but hasn't stayed on the field. It's still too early to tell, but it's hard to be optimistic about recurring hamstring issues.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
the kid does not stretch properly and that proves to be costly for a speed guy such as himself. The same thing is true for Randy Moss. and most other burners that is why guys like L. Coles and Nothcutt stretch so thoroughly.
He knows how to stretch. He stretches for an hour before games and practices. He was on the olympic team except for his hamstring problems also. This isn't a new problem for him. That's why he fell to the 4th round.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #10
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

The trainers are constantly telling him to stretch more and loosen his legs up. Vinny I would defer to you most of the time, but the kid does not do the little things it takes to prevent injury.
Old 11-17-2005   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I read somewhere that it also comes from not having enough water. Not sure about that, might have been reffering to muscel pulls.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think I read somewhere that it also comes from not having enough water. Not sure about that, might have been reffering to muscel pulls.
Thats what my coach says..
Old 11-17-2005   #13
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

we just can't give up on this guy he will be a great player one day, i can feel it

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
we just can't give up on this guy he will be a great player one day, i can feel it

He's gonna be a great player, look what he does when he plays!!
Old 11-17-2005   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To stretch or not to stretch

Is not really the question.

From what I've always understood, there is no scientific evidence that shows that stretching can prevent hamstring pulls.

Apparently, one of the biggest risk factors for pulling hammies is being a fast runner. And that some people are more inclined to get hamstring pulls than others.

See e.g. (pdf):

http://injuryupdate.com.au/images/re...prevention.pdf

I hope that they figure out what works for him because he is fun to watch. But right now, nobody scientifically knows what works and doesn't work in preventing hamstring pulls.

(disclaimers: had one hamstring pull in my life. it was unfun. i'm slow. hate to stretch).
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah i don't think anybody is giving up on him i just think it's gonna be one of those things were he is gonna be injury prone to pulling his hamstrings constantly...which means his time in the nfl will be even more limited than it would normally be
Old 11-18-2005   #17
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah, i agree with that, but if we dont get rid of are GM I think he is to stupid to realize that there is good potential

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Sure, a pro athlete not stretching out properly...
Like with most other athletes, one tries to get back on the field as soon as possible and therefore many often have nagging injuries that they never allow to fully heal.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
don't count on it...if what jon mcclain says is true he had the same injury prone problem at hampton
Charley Casserly was just on the radio stating that Mathis didn't have this problem at all at Hampton.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I've heard of getting cramps from not drinking enough water but I've never heard that it wll contribute to pulling a muscle.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read