Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-16-2005   #1
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default If You Were Drafting For Houston

IF I DRAFTED FOR HOUSTON AS OF TODAY

1st Round: D'Brickahsaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2nd Round: Mark Setterstrom, OG, Minnesota
3rd Round: Tim Day, TE, Oregon
3rd Round: Cedric Griffin, DB, UT
4th Round: Pierre Woods, OLB, Michigan
5th Round: Gerald Anderson, DT, Georgia
6th Round: Jeff Webb, WR, San Diego St
7th Round: Quincy Butler, CB, TCU

Feel free to post your own as well or to critique mine.
Old 11-16-2005   #2
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Ferguson is getting a lot of publicity. I think we should pick him and sign some GOOD veteran linemen....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

IF I DRAFTED FOR HOUSTON AS OF TODAY

1st Round:Eric Winston, OT, Miami FL
2nd Round: Laron Landry, S, LSU
3rd Round: Rocky McIntosh, LB, Miami FL
3rd Round: Aldo Garza, OL, TAMU
4th Round: Greg Threat, S, Miami FL
5th Round: Leon Williams, LB, Miami FL
6th Round: David Castillo, C, Florida St
7th Round: Anthony Mix, WR/TE, Auburn
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

1.DBrick, Virginia (LT)
2.Bobby Carpenter, OSU (OLB)
3.Dumerville, Louisville (DE)
3.Slay, Texas Tech (Safety)
4.Stephen Bowen, Hofstra (DE)
5.Tatsui Lutui, USC (RT)
6.Stevie Chaney, Murray State (RB)
7.Erik Gill, Pitt (TE)

Just my opinion of course.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

my complaint about winston is that he was part of a line that gave up a school record in sacks to fsu....he was gettin beat like he stole something!

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Winston gave up a total of 2 sacks that game man so please. He has given up a total of 7 the whole year which is 2 less than Ferguson on the year.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
my complaint about winston is that he was part of a line that gave up a school record in sacks to fsu....he was gettin beat like he stole something!
He looked terrible in that game - definitely did not even resemble first round
material. He's been coming off season-ending injury from last year, so maybe
he's doing better as the year progresses ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2005   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Winston gave up a total of 2 sacks that game man so please. He has given up a total of 7 the whole year which is 2 less than Ferguson on the year.
im not a d-brick hype man.......my point is, individually giving up 2 sacks in a game, and letting the qb get pressured several other times, isnt something i want to use our number 1 overall first round draft pick on...i havent watched the U play since that game, but i'll pass.......besides.....when two people are basically equal, go with the guy with the cooler name....d-brick it is

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #9
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
He looked terrible in that game - definitely did not even resemble first round
material. He's been coming off season-ending injury from last year, so maybe
he's doing better as the year progresses ?
He's certainly been getting better since then, but he still doesnt have 100% of the athleticism back. I don't know what to think on this current crop of Ts. Everyone says its stacked, but a lot of players are either injured, coming off injuries or getting burnt like PBuc.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

1st Round
Trade down from 1st overall to 5th overall, in turn gaining the 37th overall pick, the 101st overall pick, and a 1st round pick in 2007...
With the 5th overall pick, we select Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State...

2nd Round
With a few picks to play around with, we use the 33rd overall on Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa, then use the 37th overall on Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State...

3rd Round
We use the 64th overall pick on Martin Nance, WR, Miami (Ohio), then use the 68th pick (from the Saints) on Joel Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado...

4th Round
We use the 97th overall pick on Jason Allen, CB/FS, Tennessee, then select Mark Setterstrom, G, Minnesota with the 101st overall pick...

5th Round and on
BPA will make me happy...I addressed most of our needs with our first 4 rounds, so whoever makes the best depth would be the wise choice...
Old 11-16-2005   #11
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson LT - dont care what nobody says, may not be a big guy, but is the most athletic LT that Ive heard about since Ive been following the draft, about 4 years now. May not be the run blocker you watn right away but you cant teach athleticism, run blocking can be tought, strength can be gained
  2. Leonard Pope TE- hopefully he decides to come out this year. If he does, he is no the best receiver and not the best blocker, but he is the best all-around TE, he is what we have been looking for ever since we passed on Jason Witten for Ben Joppru.
  3. Cedric Griffin CB- six foot three, may be thwe physical nickel corner that we need.
  4. Will Mongomery OG- provides depth at OG and will eventually replace somebody
  5. Best LB available
  6. BPA
  7. BPA
  8. BPA
Old 11-16-2005   #12
real

1. reggie bush
2. max-gean giles
3. best OL available
4. Best Safety
5. Best TE
6. Best LB
7. Best CB
Old 11-16-2005   #13
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
1st Round
Trade down from 1st overall to 5th overall, in turn gaining the 37th overall pick, the 101st overall pick, and a 1st round pick in 2007...
With the 5th overall pick, we select Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State...

Right position, wrong player...
Old 11-16-2005   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Brad Smith a senior? If he doesn't work out as a QB, we could also make him the next Randle El. BTW, Smith just passed Antwaan Randle El for most rushing yards for a QB. Why does no one have the Texans drafting a QB? Maybe the guy from UAB or at least a 6th or 7th rounder.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Is Brad Smith a senior? If he doesn't work out as a QB, we could also make him the next Randle El. BTW, Smith just passed Antwaan Randle El for most rushing yards for a QB. Why does no one have the Texans drafting a QB? Maybe the guy from UAB or at least a 6th or 7th rounder.

The same reason that we shouldn't be drafting a RB. We already have enough. Here's an idea, let's fill the holes we have before adding depth.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #16
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I assume you are referring to the whole Virginia line because there is no way that D'Brick has been beaten 9 times this year for sacks. Seth Wand can do better than that in the pros.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #17
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I assume you are referring to the whole Virginia line because there is no way that D'Brick has been beaten 9 times this year for sacks. Seth Wand can do better than that in the pros.
Hagans has been sacked 23 times this season.
Old 11-17-2005   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hagans scrambles alot and its hard to keep those guys safe.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #19
real

1- Reggie Bush
2- Jonathan Scott or Max Gean-Giles
3- leonard pope or dominique byrd
4- michael huff
5-Will Allen-RT Texas or Taitusi Lutui-OG USC(whoever is availiable)
6-Best Pass rusher Availiable
7- BPA
Old 11-17-2005   #20
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Right position, wrong player...
Assume you're talking about Kiwanuka? I've watched him a couple times too, he got really good pressure but (last season anyway) he REALLY needed to work on his tackling technique..may have just been a bad game, I don't know. I wouldn't mind picking him up after a trade down, but that would pretty much guarantee we'd be switching to a 4-3 next season.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read