Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2005   #1
Luke 'BigDog' Seeney
waterboy

Send a message via MSN to Luke 'BigDog' Seeney
Thumbs up Getting a grasp on the Team

Hey all, just starting to get a grasp on the ideologies of the team. If you don't know, I'm the newbie Texans fan from down under. I take it from what I have read in other posts is that 'David Carr' plays a major role in the 1-8-0 season results to date.

As American Football doesn't have the biggest following down here I am relying on all you guys to help build my knowledge of what the GO is with the team. How comes we keep losing and is there any hope in the near future???

Old 11-15-2005   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh oh, here we go.

David Carr is not the reason we are 1-8. There are 52 other guys who are also responsible. No one is playing well, bad play calling, lack of faith in the system are all reasons why the season is going the way it is.

I personally blame the Defense. 17 points are more than enough to win a game if the Defense can come up with key turnovers or, I know this is a novel idea, dont give up 30 points every time we play a team. This is a dredfull defense. They often remind me of an 80 year old women without teeth trying to attack a steak.

So no its not all of David's fault, even though he does share some of the blame. However this board does seem to be split into two camps, the Carr haters and the Carr lovers. Or like I call them, Republicans and Democrats. The Republicans are ruthless, mean, and would sooner throw him in the electric chair than see him play one more down, where as the Democrats blame his father for the way he is and say we should give him another chance.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

You also cant score points when your O cant touch the field. Its also impossible to beat Indy when you spot them 21 points. There good enough...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 'BigDog' Seeney
Hey all, just starting to get a grasp on the ideologies of the team. If you don't know, I'm the newbie Texans fan from down under. I take it from what I have read in other posts is that 'David Carr' plays a major role in the 1-8-0 season results to date.

As American Football doesn't have the biggest following down here I am relying on all you guys to help build my knowledge of what the GO is with the team. How comes we keep losing and is there any hope in the near future???

We have a foundation in place now and it will not take long to retool this team. There are multiple issues on the team that needs to be addressed - opinion is split and some people have a better grasp on what is going on than others...but you will have to sort thru that yourself. Just find some articles and read different POV's...then form yours. Watch the videos on our front page and be sure to check out houstonprofootball.com. Here are some links to some archived articles and to hpf. Welcome aboard.

http://www.theredzone.org/archives/s...sp?Team=Texans

http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...ans/index.html

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

http://www.pbase.com/digitalgameday/root&view=tree

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I don't have too much of a problem with our defense. I know they stink, but I'm willing to spot them a year because they are so young/haven't played together. A lot of our positions have 2 years or less playing for the Texans. Prime example is the corners, who are seriously crippling our D and giving up some big plays. IMO in the pass-happy AFC South, our secondary has to shut down, and with their inexperience on the Texans, they are giving up a lot.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking sarcasm warning

Welcome to the Texans funny pages, BigDog.

I shall use a "Caperism" (or a philosophy espoused by our great leader, Coach Dom Capers) to explain our current 1-8 record:

We just haven't scored enough points than the other team to win ballgames. But we are really working hard, and things are starting to come together now. (seriously, he said this last Sunday night) We should take the 7 game season ahead of us as an opportunity to work together and build upon what we've been doing. (he said this, too)

So yeah, things are looking up! We are only a winning season away from being a winning team!

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!

Cheer with us next Sunday night!
Old 11-15-2005   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 'BigDog' Seeney

G'day mate! The jist of our angst is that no one expected the results we have gotten to date in 2005. We all expected more from the team, units and players.

I will be on this board for many years to come, so you make it to Houston and you got a ticket on me. I have had many Australians open their door to me when I was down under and it is the least I can do for one of their own.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read