Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-14-2005   #1
blankfixation
Rookie

Talking Hope the Cowboys lose

Well since I am a sore loser...and I have a severe hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, all that can make this season worth while for me is to see the Cowboys fail, and so far this Eagles game looks like the start of something worthwhile
Old 11-14-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm a big Cowboys fan and I haven't watched a minute of the game tonight because I just felt they'd get handled. They probably are. I had both Eagles games down as losses anyway so a split is ok and better than they've done in years because the Eagles have owned the Cowboys for quite a long time.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Going was really rough for awhile. I don't know who to consider our MVP of tonight game, Roy Williams or Donovan McNabb. Way to go Cowboys!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Hopefully Bledsoe and T Glenn got it together enough to help me beat Vinny in FF
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #5
blankfixation
Rookie

well it didnt work out like i planned but what a game, still not a cowboys fan
Old 11-15-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea it looks like I missed a very poor 50+ minutes of football by the Cowboys and an exciting 30 seconds or whatever it was.

Truth is I never watch MNF and haven't for a long time. Sometimes I'll catch a minute or two but I can't stand the constant commercial interruptions and Coach Madden's commentary or whatever that is he does.

I much prefer the Sunday night football crew. But I'm glad to know the Cowboys won..it's been years since they've won in Philly. I bet McNabb is getting killed on the radio there. That was a horrible pass he threw.
Old 11-15-2005   #7
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Big comeback for the Cowboys. WOW That was a miracle. Good for Parcells. Where was McNabb throwing that ball. He pulled a Niel O'Donnel. WOW

Good Stuff on MNF. You missed a good comeback WWJD.
Old 11-15-2005   #8
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Yea it looks like I missed a very poor 50+ minutes of football by the Cowboys and an exciting 30 seconds or whatever it was.

Truth is I never watch MNF and haven't for a long time. Sometimes I'll catch a minute or two but I can't stand the constant commercial interruptions and Coach Madden's commentary or whatever that is he does.

I much prefer the Sunday night football crew. But I'm glad to know the Cowboys won..it's been years since they've won in Philly. I bet McNabb is getting killed on the radio there. That was a horrible pass he threw.
Killed is a mild way of putting it. Some guys hope he never plays for the Eagles again. The bandwagon is falling apart. My take is you can't let a good team like Dallas score late in the game on a drive that takes less then a minute off the clock. The long run by Barber killed them. That set up the score to get close. In all the TO talk and no running game talk up here this year, no one seems to see the big difference from the last few years is the D. is giving up way too many big plays (2 last night) and Johnson's blitz is not getting to the QB. like it once did.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Too bad, you missed a heck of a game in an emotional and eventful day for Parcells as he put his brother to rest today. What a comeback!

The Eagles reminded me of the RnS Oilers...we would move the ball up and down the field but we couldn't close teams out because we couldn't run the ball against good defenses when we had to get it done.
I was actually thinking the same thign last night during the game. I pictured Mcnabb as Moon, Westbrook as Lorenzo White, and Greg Lewis as Haywood Jeffries.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

A short sideline/flat pass is just a horrible idea that late in the game with less than a TD lead. If it is picked off, it will most certainly be for a TD.
Old 11-15-2005   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't so much of a comeback by the Cowpies as it was a give back by the Iggles. Man, did they screw the pooch on this one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Donovon McNabb = Brad Lidge
Roy Williams = Albert Pujols

Problem was...the Eagles couldn't find themselves a Roy Oswalt.

Good win by the Cowboys!
Old 11-15-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35
Killed is a mild way of putting it. Some guys hope he never plays for the Eagles again. The bandwagon is falling apart. My take is you can't let a good team like Dallas score late in the game on a drive that takes less then a minute off the clock. The long run by Barber killed them. That set up the score to get close. In all the TO talk and no running game talk up here this year, no one seems to see the big difference from the last few years is the D. is giving up way too many big plays (2 last night) and Johnson's blitz is not getting to the QB. like it once did.

I remember when I lived in Dallas the big sports radio guys from Philly would come to Dallas for the game there and it was always something funny going on. I can only remember the call letters of the station started with a "W".....

Anyway I've always heard Philly was a hard town to play in unless you're winning.

I personally think McNabb is just playing hurt. Maybe pushing too hard to compensate for being injured because he's an excellent QB. I saw the pass Roy intercepted and that was too easy. I hope they aren't too hard on Donovan. I have always thought he was a real classy guy and his talent is obvious. All teams lose games like that. It happens.
Old 11-15-2005   #14
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched every minute of the game last night. I soooo dislike T.O. But last night made me really dislike T.O. Enough is enough already.(the talk) even Jimmy Kimmel. (was funny though) I don't care if he ever plays again. Eagles are about my least favorite team, but it's not the TEAM I don't like it's the FANS. Mcnabb is a terrific gentleman and I certainly wish no harm to ANYONE hope he's ok. But fans egging the Dallas bus, being sooo fowl when ahead by 13. Can you see ANY Texans fan doing that? NO!
It made my night to see the heavens open up, it was like Parcells little brother smiling down and giving his big brother a kiss with that winning interception!

OK I'll hang up and listen. . .smiling!
Old 11-15-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

They egged their bus?

I'd like to say I'm surprised but really when I sit and think about it no I'm not.
Old 11-15-2005   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinder, gentler Eagles fans! Gee, thanks, I guess eggs are an improvement over batteries.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read