Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-14-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Countdown's newest QB rankings

Click link for full list
Quote:
1. Matt Leinart Southern Cal 6-5 225 4.80
2. Vince Young Texas 6-5 233 n/a
3. Omar Jacobs Bowling Green 6-4 226 n/a
4. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt 6-4 225 4.80
5. Darrell Hackney U.A.B. 6-2 240 n/a
6. Reggie McNeal Texas A&M 6-2 206 n/a
7. Brodie Croyle Alabama 6-3 205 n/a
8. Charlie Whitehurst Clemson 6-4 220 n/a
9. Kellen Clemens Oregon 6-2 218 n/a
10. Paul Pinegar Fresno St. 6-4 220 n/a
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/qb.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #2
bigcarlos
Veteran

Vince
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If they are going to include underclassmen, why not include Brady Quinn? He is better than a lot of the guys on that list.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
1. Matt Leinart Southern Cal 6-5 225 4.80
2. Vince Young Texas 6-5 233 n/a
3. Omar Jacobs Bowling Green 6-4 226 n/a
4. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt 6-4 225 4.80
5. Darrell Hackney U.A.B. 6-2 240 n/a
6. Reggie McNeal Texas A&M 6-2 206 n/a
7. Brodie Croyle Alabama 6-3 205 n/a
8. Charlie Whitehurst Clemson 6-4 220 n/a
9. Kellen Clemens Oregon 6-2 218 n/a
10. Paul Pinegar Fresno St. 6-4 220 n/a
my surprise stud qb of the draft. one of my favorite.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #5
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
my surprise stud qb of the draft. one of my favorite.
I love Alabama football, but watching this game last Saturday against LSU, Brodie looked like David Carr. The reason, his starting center was out, and the whole line struggled against the LSU d-line. Overthrows, fumbles, sacks, unblocked blitzers; it had an all too familiar appearence to the Texans playing the Steelers. I can see a team getting a real gem in Croyle, maybe KC or someone like that.

I am still depressed that Bama lost.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
I love Alabama football, but watching this game last Saturday against LSU, Brodie looked like David Carr. The reason, his starting center was out, and the whole line struggled against the LSU d-line. Overthrows, fumbles, sacks, unblocked blitzers; it had an all too familiar appearence to the Texans playing the Steelers. I can see a team getting a real gem in Croyle, maybe KC or someone like that.

I am still depressed that Bama lost.

no, no, no...they werent overthrown, his recievers just cant catch. i can catch some those passes.

"Im sorry coach, it only hit me in the hands, spliting my number, while i was in perfect stride."
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

If they included Brady Quinn he would be at least #3 on the list, if not higher, but I doubt he will come out. Young says he won't come out either but speculation is growing that he will come out, so we'll have to see. Either way the Texans don't need to draft a QB so this list doesn't matter.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinn is not listed because there is no possible way he comes out. That can't be said of Young or some of the others.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #9
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
no, no, no...they werent overthrown, his recievers just cant catch. i can catch some those passes.

"Im sorry coach, it only hit me in the hands, spliting my number, while i was in perfect stride."
You are right about the dropped passes, namely the tight end.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Quinn is not listed because there is no possible way he comes out. That can't be said of Young or some of the others.
Disagree. In a very weak QB class, Brady could easily find himself as the 3rd QB taken. I don't think he does come out but he's got everything NFL teams are looking for.

Out of those listed, I'll consider anybody other than Leinart or Young drafted in the 1st round to be a reach. That includes Omar Jacobs.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Paul Pinegar. I think he commands the game very well. He is the next late round great QB pick.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

where's Drew Olson

Name, Team QB Rat Att Comp Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

Matt Leinart, USC 165.5 318 211 66.4 3017 301.7 9.5 23 7

Brady Quinn, ND 164.3 330 217 65.8 2931 325.7 8.9 27 5

Drew Olson, UCLA 172.5 322 218 67.7 2909 290.9 9.0 30 3

Darrell Hackney, UAB 147.2 326 208 63.8 2718 302.0 8.3 18 8

Josh Betts, MiaO 139.3 353 209 59.2 2627 291.9 7.4 23 7

Vince Young, Tex 169.8 244 155 63.5 2414 241.4 9.9 22 8

Kellen Clemens, Ore 152.9 289 185 64.0 2406 300.8 8.3 19 4

Drew leads these guys in QB ratings, completion average, touchdowns and has the least number of picks. He has excellent size 6-3 225lbs works hard & recovers quickly when injured. If in fact they rate him this low the Texans should for sure look at drafting him in the 4th round, he looks more like a solid 2nd rd pick like another Drew- Brees

Last edited by beerlover; 11-15-2005 at 07:24 PM.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #13
College Texan
Veteran

My schools QB is up there. Barrick Nealy, this guy has a rocket arm, can run, and is about as big as Vince. If our WR's could catch he would get more publicity, but trust me, from watching him I can say he is a sleeper.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Brad Smith is better than where they put him.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

But what I don't get is that even if Brady Quinn has said that he is not coming out. If you are going to include some underclassmen, why not include all draft eligible quarterbacks.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
If they included Brady Quinn he would be at least #3 on the list, if not higher, but I doubt he will come out. Young says he won't come out either but speculation is growing that he will come out, so we'll have to see. Either way the Texans don't need to draft a QB so this list doesn't matter.
no, hes not better than jacobs or young...3 if not higher? get a grip on reality....
Old 11-15-2005   #17
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
no, hes not better than jacobs or young...3 if not higher? get a grip on reality....
You should really watch him play then, he is easily better than Jacobs. Id put him in at 2b with Young right now.
Old 11-15-2005   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
You should really watch him play then, he is easily better than Jacobs. Id put him in at 2b with Young right now.
i watched him play but id put him more like 3b with jacobs, because honestly if i needed a QB id prolly take young over matt
Old 11-15-2005   #19
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

you do that
Old 11-15-2005   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Brady Quinn will be the number one pick in 2007 even if VY is in that draft. Bottom line Quinn is learning some serious intangibles. Either way VY needs to go ahead and come out and go to a team like Tenn or Cleveland. They will enjoy him. Eventhough Tennessee has Volek, but he may be trade bait.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read