Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2005   #1
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Carr's dad no longer welcome at practice..

Does Caper's really think this is going to help? :brickwall

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3456107

I think the Texans would play better if Dom wasn't at practice.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #2
College Texan
Veteran

How is the absence of one guy going to help a team who has to face 50,000 plus on Sundays.

Dom is out of line, he should give the reporters the boot, they are the reason we hear all of these stories and they write the articles saying we suck.

I think Dom should have spent all the effort he put into thinking of this master plan to make us better and should have been coaching the guys up.

I think Dom wasn't paying attention and missed riley sneeking his way into the first team huddle.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #3
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

so how many other players need DADDY to come hold thier hands and kiss their boo-boo's at practice?

I'm personally glad this happened. When Carr starts acting like a team player with all the rules applying to him as the rest of the team, perhaps he will learn how to actually BE a team player, with all the same rules applying to HIM.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #4
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
so how many other players need DADDY to come hold thier hands and kiss their boo-boo's at practice?

I'm personally glad this happened. When Carr starts acting like a team player with all the rules applying to him as the rest of the team, perhaps he will learn how to actually BE a team player, with all the same rules applying to HIM.
Perhaps you failed to read the article?
Old 11-14-2005   #5
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by College Texan
How is the absence of one guy going to help a team who has to face 50,000 plus on Sundays.

Dom is out of line, he should give the reporters the boot, they are the reason we hear all of these stories and they write the articles saying we suck.

I think Dom should have spent all the effort he put into thinking of this master plan to make us better and should have been coaching the guys up.

I think Dom wasn't paying attention and missed riley sneeking his way into the first team huddle.

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic.
Old 11-14-2005   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

perhaps you failed to read the article with open eyes and not 'golden boy Carr colored lenses' yourself NFLforher.

Quote:
Was this an admission that David had been coddled?

"That has nothing to do with it," Capers said. "If you have a rule, it's the rule.
Quote:
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him out there," David Carr said. "That's one of the reasons he retired and moved out here. I also understand what Dom did. He wants to bring our team closer together. That's the most important thing right now."
like I said before, when the rules apply equally to ALL the Texans players INCLUDING GOLDEN BOY CARR then they might, perhaps, maybe, start actually playing like a TEAM.

I will admit I did find this little snippet quite funny

Quote:
Capers didn't throw out reporters for obvious reasons. He didn't have the nerve to tell the Chronicle's John McClain and Channel 11's Gifford Nielsen to leave.
knowing what I know about how the Texans handle 'media relations' I think it is quite hilarious that Justice thinks that John 'the General' McLame prints or says ANYTHING that isn't cleared by the Texans front office directly FIRST is almost too funny.
Old 11-14-2005   #7
SESupergenius

Gee Gr8, tell us how your really feel. That's a little too personal towards Carr to be feeling ill will against him or his family.
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2005   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
Gee Gr8, tell us how your really feel. That's a little too personal towards Carr to be feeling ill will against him or his family
whats too personal?

honestly I don't get all you Carr lovers at all. You people start a topic titled David Carrs DAD isn't allowed at practice anymore, and then you don't want to actually talk about THAT. I replied in the context of the thread title. If its too personal don't start a thread on David Carr's personal relationship with his Daddy. I didn't start the thread, I simply replied to it.

not to detract from the actual TOPIC of the thread, but care to explain HOW I made this too personal, honestly I am very interested in where I crossed the line at, according to you Ses.
Old 11-14-2005   #9
profan
Veteran

Well, we really do not know if it is a distaction or not. Does not seem to be, but, what if everyone wanted a family member to attend a practice? Then, i think it would really be a problem. I really think that as a policy, practice should be off limits. Does anyone know how the other players feel? I have two kids playing football, but, i don't see all parents at every practice including myself. This is a little odd, but who are we to judge. That being said, i'm glad we have a good family man as our qb, opposed to someone getting into trouble all of the time. Let's not make this an issue.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess a good question would be "what other players have family members attend?"
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of my family is still in France and I still think they're too close...

I don't really think David needs his father at practice.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking sarcasm alert

As part of my ongoing effort to promote a UNITED TEXANS FANATICS* gathering next Sunday night against the Chiefs, I must refrain from any comments concerning desperate acts of a coaching staff that has lost control and respect of a losing team.

Stayin' positive and keepin' it real

Stay tuned for further updates.

*UNITED TEXANS FANATICS

SUNDAY NIGHT - vs. CHIEFS
ATTENDANCE: MANDATORY

It's PRIMETIME - the 12th MAN IS LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!
Old 11-14-2005   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Gee Gr8, tell us how your really feel. That's a little too personal towards Carr to be feeling ill will against him or his family.
Don't know of many professional, if any at all, players' whose dads are out there at practice w/ them. I didn't know they could do that. Ah well. This is work, DC.
Old 11-14-2005   #14
kenneth24
Veteran

why is this a story? news can't be this slow
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
why is this a story?
Because many feel that Carr has been coddled and treated differently than the others. Hard to deny his play has improved since they made the switch...did it have something to do with it? who knows?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #16
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Because many feel that Carr has been coddled and treated differently than the others. Hard to deny his play has improved since they made the switch...did it have something to do with it? who knows?
apparently the offensive line felt like it needed to protect him now that his daddy got kicked out though and isn't there for him. Coincidence? I'm kidding...I think.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What I don't get is why this year. If he's been there through the first three losing seasons, why now?

I have a really hard time believing that professional football players are being coddled by an organization (except TO), or being treated differently because a PARENT is there. Give me a break. An agent maybe, but not a parent.

This is just the talk of a losing team, where every little thing is amplified to cover up the fact that the team just plain sucks.

1-8 says it all. Carr's dad has nothing to do with that.
Old 11-14-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
What I don't get is why this year. If he's been there through the first three losing seasons, why now?
When Pendry took over Carr started watching film with the rest of the offense as well. That just reeks of coddling. Also, Carr didn't look like he had a clue his first few games and quite frankly was just awful. They made several changes and this was just one of many things from what I understand....and it's just hard to argue that his play hasn't improved. David can take the changes…his cap hit is nearly twice the size of the next highest paid Texan. He gets plenty of money to put up with his Dad not being in the sidelines. Can you see Biggio or Bagwells Dad at the Astros practice?

Carr, David $7,810,326
Walker, Gary $4,039,493
McKinney, Steve $3,956,160
Robinson, Dunta $3,483,881
Wong, Kailee $3,421,160
Wiegrert, Zach $3,356,160
Wade, Todd $3,137,827
Johnson, Travis $2,999,000
Johnson, Andre $2,938,104

Source: http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=11798

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The best player out of all those is at the bottom of that list..Andre.

Rich Lord was insisting again today David will get his bonus. I'm presuming he knows what he's talking about.

If he does and he continues to play poorly things will really get ugly in Texan land.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #20
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
Rodger Carr had attended almost every practice for four seasons, but when the Texans were 0-5, Dom Capers got tough. He closed practice to sponsors, employees, visitors ... and Rodger Carr.

Only reporters are allowed to watch practice these days. Other coaches have done similar things over the years, but they typically begin by throwing out the media.
it wasn't like all the Carr lovers purport and Capers came and told Rodger Carr he can no longer come to the practices. He made a hard and fast setting rule and Rodger Carr fell on the 'outside of the gates' part of the rule. The media just likes to take the most assinin slant they can figure out to it and talk about it like Capers did this INTENTIONALLY to ban Rodger Carr. Heck later in the article Capers admits to having one of his own friends invited and had to change that invitation due to the new rule he himself made.

Carr's playing has improved slightly recently. Why? Well maybe it was the sideline distractions, maybe not. But the rules are there for EVERYONE, including Carr's DADDY. And that is the way it should be, IMHO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read