Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-30-2010   #121
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans Cookbook! Post your best recipe here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. Seems like it works best with flaky white fish? Have you tried it with flounder?

And where did you ever find Sturgeon filets?
I have done it with catfish and tilapia. It was best with the tilapia, IMO.
Old 11-30-2010   #122
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have done it with catfish and tilapia. It was best with the tilapia, IMO.
Tilapia is pretty good.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #123
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My brisket won't be mentioned, given the failure of my grill. That said, I still do decent ribs, but I have no recipe because I change it up in terms of seasonings/preparation...

I am pretty sure that both JB and Joe would admit that it was still pretty good (albeit, the Traeger FAIL)........
FML!!!

Old 11-30-2010   #124
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

It was damn good Bill! Looking forward to a batch with the traegar in working order.

You are going to need it for the backstrap...
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #125
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Crawfish Cornbread Dressing - goes great with a fried turkey

Ingredients
8 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 green bell peppers, chopped
1 bag Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing
1 (16-ounce) package frozen peeled, cooked crawfish tails, thawed
2 cups chicken broth
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation
Melt butter, stir together vegetables, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl until moistened. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read