Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-27-2005   #21
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Elephant Stew

This is my favorite tailgating recipe.

Elephant Stew

* 1 elephant (medium size)
* 1 rabbit (optional)
* Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut elephant into bite sized pieces; this takes about 2 months. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire at 465 degrees. Serves 3800 persons. For those who dislike elephant stew, the rabbit may be added -- but only if necessary because most people don't like hare in their stew.
Old 12-28-2005   #22
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Let me ask you this - Is a Circus elephant or Zoo elephant better?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #23
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Hey Carrie....
Do you have a good Buttermilk Pie recipe? That is Keith's favorite!!
By the way..it was good to see y'all on Saturday!!
Smiles,
Kimberly

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Here's one of my favorites:

You'll need 1lb of ground beef
1 lb of ground pork sausage
lg onion-chopped
2 cloves or more of garlic/finely chopped
lg bell pepper/cut into chunks
1lb of smoked sausage/chopped into bite size pieces
1tbs ground oregano
3tbs chili powder
1 tsp corriander
1 1/2 tsp celery seed
2 large jars of cut tomatos/undrained
2 large jars kidney beans but save the juice separately
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
mozzarella cheeese (for the top) shredded
REAL Texas chili ain't got no beans in it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #25
Stefunny~Bunny
Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Funny you mention that.. When I go to James Coney i never order it with beans..

Bert Mccracken
Stefunny~Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #26
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

Real chili ain't got no tomatoes in it either.
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #27
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBabe
Hey Carrie....
Do you have a good Buttermilk Pie recipe? That is Keith's favorite!!
By the way..it was good to see y'all on Saturday!!
Smiles,
Kimberly
Unfortunately, no buttermilk pie recipe. Never attempted this one.

It was great to see you Saturday too! Hope you and Keith can make it to Houston more often next season.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2005   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
Real chili ain't got no tomatoes in it either.
That reminds me of the time.....

I make several different chili recipes and one of my favorites happens to have beans (three different types) and tomatoes. I made a big pot at a tailgate last year and as I was serving it up, some smart a** was laughing and mouthing off about "that ain't real Texas chili, blah blah blah bblahhhh." I explained that I knew what "real" Texas chili was all about and not to worry because I wouldn't insult him by serving him any of that heathen grub. A few minutes later I stepped away but happened to glance back to my tailgate area and guess who was helping himself to a giant bowl of heathen red - along with his buddies who were going in deep for seconds...

Last edited by aj.; 12-29-2005 at 11:57 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #29
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kimberly,

I have a GREAT buttermilk pie receipt, if I can find it. My Mom made it all the time, one of my favs!! I haven't made one in years though, so will have to do some research.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #30
Stefunny~Bunny
Veteran

Talking

Chimicheesedogs

White Wings flour tortilla mix
shredded cheese (your favorite)
weiners
water
Can of Wolf chili (optional)

Preheat oven to 450

Make the tortilla mix (4 cups)
Roll out a tortilla
put the wiener, cheese in the raw tortilla
Roll them like you would a burrito
put them in a greased oven dish..
Roll ten of those suckers. Then put them in the oven for about 20 mins, or until the tops are light brown..

Put the rest of the cheese on top. (Chili if you are using it) Then bake for another 5 minutes..

You can also use your favorite meat, or beans instead of the wierners.

Warning~ Each one will have about 400 calories.. and thats without the chili.

Bert Mccracken
Stefunny~Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefunny~Bunny
Chimicheesedogs

White Wings flour tortilla mix
shredded cheese (your favorite)
weiners
water
Can of Wolf chili (optional)

Preheat oven to 450

Make the tortilla mix (4 cups)
Roll out a tortilla
put the wiener, cheese in the raw tortilla
Roll them like you would a burrito
put them in a greased oven dish..
Roll ten of those suckers. Then put them in the oven for about 20 mins, or until the tops are light brown..

Put the rest of the cheese on top. (Chili if you are using it) Then bake for another 5 minutes..

You can also use your favorite meat, or beans instead of the wierners.

Warning~ Each one will have about 400 calories.. and thats without the chili.
My cholestorol just went up 20 points reading that!
Old 01-13-2006   #32
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, made this last night: The apitomy of comfort dinner
3/4lbs (or so)ea. ground sirloin and ground pork
1 cup milk
1 cup uncooked quick oats
1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 large garlic clove minced
1/4 cup grated carrots
1 egg
3 tbs ketchup
1 tbs horseradish
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 tea allspice
1 tea salt/pepper (I add a pinch more salt)
oven 375
Grab a large bowl. Take off your rings. Dump all the ingrediants together. Dig your hands into the meat mixture and combine well.
Pat the mixture into a loaf pan and cook about an hour. Take out and rest the meatloaf about 10-15 minutes. No need to top this meat loaf w/ ketchup or BBQ sauce, cause you're gonna make your favorite gravy out of the pan drippings. Serve w/ garlic smashed potatos and steamed baby carrots. But the most important part, pull out those TV trays turn on Sports Center ( OK we rented "Must Love Dogs") and eat in front of the tube! YUM!
Old 01-13-2006   #33
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For Double Barrel

The last recipe is even good for Double Barrel's new diet. Lose the smashed potatos and substitute w/ nice tossed salad with Thousand Island and double up on the steamed veggies. Yea know. . .like zucchini and broccoli maybe. Go ahead and throw in some pillsbury crescent rolls.
Old 01-14-2006   #34
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Ok, made this last night: The apitomy of comfort dinner
3/4lbs (or so)ea. ground sirloin and ground pork
1 cup milk
1 cup uncooked quick oats
1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 large garlic clove minced
1/4 cup grated carrots
1 egg
3 tbs ketchup
1 tbs horseradish
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 tea allspice
1 tea salt/pepper (I add a pinch more salt)
oven 375
Grab a large bowl. Take off your rings. Dump all the ingrediants together. Dig your hands into the meat mixture and combine well.
Pat the mixture into a loaf pan and cook about an hour. Take out and rest the meatloaf about 10-15 minutes. No need to top this meat loaf w/ ketchup or BBQ sauce, cause you're gonna make your favorite gravy out of the pan drippings. Serve w/ garlic smashed potatos and steamed baby carrots. But the most important part, pull out those TV trays turn on Sports Center ( OK we rented "Must Love Dogs") and eat in front of the tube! YUM!
LOL! I made meatloaf last night too! With a tossed salad and garlic toast. My secret is a smidge of marinade, dry soup mixes, lots of mushrooms and roasted red peppers. So good! I make extras so we can have meatloaf sandwiches for a couple days after. That is the best part!

Ever made stuffed meatloaf? Yummy!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #35
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
LOL! I made meatloaf last night too! With a tossed salad and garlic toast. My secret is a smidge of marinade, dry soup mixes, lots of mushrooms and roasted red peppers. So good! I make extras so we can have meatloaf sandwiches for a couple days after. That is the best part!

Ever made stuffed meatloaf? Yummy!
Yes Yum!
Stuffed meatloaf w/ steamed chopped veggies. And one with mac n cheese. Or how about cabbage wrapped or stuffed bell peppers that 's all w/ basically meatloaf mixtures.

And yes sandwiches ARE the best part of leftovers, we had ours for a late lunch watching the playoffs this weekend.
P.S. please do whatever you want w/ that card table of mine, I bought a new set!
Old 01-16-2006   #36
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

"If you knows beans about chili knows there are no beans in chili"
Frank X. Talbert
after losing the first chili cookoff to a yankee from NYC.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #37
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Sandy ...you would be my hero! (and Keith's) Actually..you already are!!
Love you and miss you!
Kimberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Kimberly,

I have a GREAT buttermilk pie receipt, if I can find it. My Mom made it all the time, one of my favs!! I haven't made one in years though, so will have to do some research.

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #38
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Anyone try the Mac N Cheese recipe yet? I'm tellin ya it's awesome. I'm gonna make it for Superbowl along with some ribs.
Old 01-27-2006   #39
Boxscore
All Pro

Default Great Meatloaf

1 Pound 90% Hamburger
1/3 cup Catsup (to be mixed in the loaf)
1 egg
salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper 1 (Tbs) to taste
2 slices of finely sliced up bread
one onion finely diced

Mix all together and form into a loaf. Apply a generous amount of catsup to the top of the loaf before putting it into the oven at 400 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour.
Old 01-28-2006   #40
Boxscore
All Pro

Default James Coney "bootleg" Chile Recipe

Ever wanted to duplicate James Coney Island Chile? See link below.

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/01/22/...d-chili-recipe

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read