Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-14-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Redskins get screwed

Am I the only one that thought it was beyond obvious that the Bucs FAILED to convert the two-point conversion try yesterday? His entire elbow (the carrying the BALL) hit the grass in front of the white chalk line of the endzone. Troy Aikman mentioned at the end that he thought he was stopped short but never made a big deal about it after the ref came back and upheld the call.

I think this was a horrible blown call that cost the Redskins a win. Horrible.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Wasnt it Joe Gibbs that got fines recently for criticizing refs?? Kind of convinient if you ask me
Old 11-14-2005   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I think this was a horrible blown call that cost the Redskins a win. Horrible.
I also think that the ball did not break the plane BUT I also did not see a reply that showed this conclusively ...
Old 11-14-2005   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I hadn't gotten to see any highlights yet this weekend, hopefully they'll show it on Monday Night Countdown, but frequently they don't replay badly missed calls, like Carr's "fumble" at Cincy.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I thought Alstott got it by about an inch. I was upset they went for 2, because I have a couple of Redskins on my FF team.

That said, I was happy for Chris Simms. He has been unjustly vilified by many of my Longhorn constituents. His stats were comparable to those of Applewhite, yet he has been cast as the jester to King Applewhite's court. Don't get me wrong, I liked them both. I'm just disappointed that people don't seem to remember Applewhite's horrible games (both K-State starts, the 2000 blowout loss to OU and the 1999 Big 12 Championship come to mind off the top of my head).
Old 11-14-2005   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

here is the point. EVERYONE in that stadium knew mike was getting the ball, and your defense couldnt stop him? suck it up and take the loss

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That was a great game....I enjoyed the heck out of it. I'm with Chuckm on this one...not conclusive. TD Bucs.
Sums up what I think quite nicely.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2005   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent game and ending. It appeared that Alstott got in, but the way the players were piled up on the goal line, it would have difficult to reverse the decision. IF the Redskins had not committed the senseless penalties, the outcome could have been quite different. I usually don't like the Bucs, but they were my second favorite team yesterday.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Re-play showed pretty clearly that his elbow was on the ground well befor the goal line. Not sure how the review missed it. Probably thought there wasn't enough evidence to overturn, but looked pretty solid to me and I don't even like the Skins.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #10
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

But how about that chris sims he looks years ahead of some other Qb's in the league he has to have the prettiest deep ball in the league.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Re-play showed pretty clearly that his elbow was on the ground well befor the goal line. Not sure how the review missed it. Probably thought there wasn't enough evidence to overturn, but looked pretty solid to me and I don't even like the Skins.
Remember the refs dont get super slow motion replays. They get real time and you honestly couldnt see it on regular speed. Right call.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Remember the refs dont get super slow motion replays. They get real time and you honestly couldnt see it on regular speed. Right call.
The refs do get slow motion on the fully digital system they use.

Description
Old 11-17-2005   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Not conclusive.

The ref had no choice but to call it a TD, so it could be reviewed. It looked like a TD from his point of view.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The refs do get slow motion on the fully digital system they use.

Description
Maybe I missed it but were does it say they get slow motion? As long as Ive been watching FB they have had to view it in real time.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

From the 2nd part of the article describing the system:

Quote:
The video operator can control the speed of the playback on this monitor by the turn of a dial. This is the monitor on which the replay assistant will view all replays. The video on this monitor is what the referee on the field will see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read