Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2005   #21
SESupergenius

WE need a ball hawk, someone in the Polamalu mold. But it only works well when they (defensive backs) communicate at a higher level. They both need to know what the other is going to do. It's becoming more and more apparent how important our safety positions need to be. It is becoming such a glaring need that it almost is rivaling the need for an offensive line. Our guys are just not getting to the ball and knocking the snot out of the WR's, sans Dunta.
Old 11-14-2005   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think we should have kept McCree myself, but seriously....Brown is the exact same style player, but without the experience.
I agree. McCree wasn't flashy, but he didn't make many mistakes either. I really just want a smart FS that doesn't make mistakes, and a head hunter for a SS. Temperment-wise, they need to be exact opposites.
Old 11-14-2005   #23
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I agree. McCree wasn't flashy, but he didn't make many mistakes either. I really just want a smart FS that doesn't make mistakes, and a head hunter for a SS. Temperment-wise, they need to be exact opposites.
Coleman has definitely got to go, he doesn't even care anymore. It would be nice to have someone like Roy Williams that is basically a fast linebacker playing safety and who will tackle and hit everyone, or else someone like Ed Reed that is really fast, can tackle pretty well, but will make a bunch of interceptions. I think Brown is a decent tackler and will get better at it, although he is not as big as Roy and doesn't hit as hard, plus he gets duped sometimes on coverages, but he's still a rookie. I wouldn't mind him playing FS for us, but we need to get someone else that will come up and plug up running lanes and lay a hit on someone and put them at SS, or else get someone like Ed Reed and put them at FS and leave Brown at SS. Either way, we need someone that isn't going to run away from tackles or just jump on the ball carrier's back and go for an 8 yard ride before someone else comes and makes a tackle.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #24
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I agree with that Vinny. As far Coleman goes. He's washed up and needs to go.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #25
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Brown should stay at SS. Any rookie has to have time adjusting to the pro level. He can be a very good player if the coaching staff sticks with him.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read