Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2005   #61
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy
As I watched that play I was like...Carr is scared as heck...it was: happy feet, happy feet, happy feet...oh he's open...and damn near over threw him. If Gaffney was Bradford...that is an incomplete pass...

Marcus Coleman looked like he was auditioning for the rodeo...jumping on the Edge's back trying to hold on for 8 seconds

Carr should not be on this team next year.

Release 5 of these players:

Carr, David
Buchanon, Phillip
Walker, Gary
Coleman, Marcus
Bradford, Corey
you cant release walker that would cost to much. no reason to release buchannon he wont cost hardly anything. im not sure about coleman but i think he would cost a good bit to release as well.

everything is not black and white.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #62
5genTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
If we get Vince Young, there will be signs of David WHO????????
Vince Young has a loooooong way to go before he can be an NFL quarterback. I predict that, if HE EVEN GETS INTO THE NFL, it won't be as a quarterback.
5genTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #63
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Release 5 of these players:

Carr, David
Buchanon, Phillip
Walker, Gary
Coleman, Marcus
Bradford, Corey
No
Yes
No
Maybe
Maybe

The team could draft the second coming of Joe Montana or Walter Payton, but without a solid, consistent o-line in front of them, they would look no different than Carr or Davis.

Controlling the trenches to win ballgames is Football 101. Our no. 1, 2, & 3 priorities should be offensive line, offensive line, and offensive line.

oh yeah, GO TEXANS! See you next Sunday night - LOUD & PROUD!
Old 11-14-2005   #64
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Carr, David
Buchanon, Phillip
Walker, Gary
Coleman, Marcus
Bradford, Corey
You are releasing the best defensive lineman on this team??? Yeah...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #65
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
An easy prediction actually

Carr gets traded, and will have success, and all the people hating on him will be here posting how they LOVED CARR, new he had potential and blah blah.... I can see it now. Is Carr a bit shell shocked, yes. Does he hold the ball to long at times, yes. Does he have more dropped passes than any other QB in the NFL, yes. Does he have the worst pass protection in the NFL, yes! Let the guy go to another team, watch him become what many nfl experts say he has and then I will have to read and here all you haters whining about that.

How many times do we have to see it happen Houston, how many times?

You know the guy has the worst pass protection in the NFL and with the dumbest set of coaches who could not make a right play call if it slapped their mothers in front of them.
Yes it is a very easy prediction. If Carr does leave he will surely make less money. Myself, like most of the Carr haters on this board, do not like the current contract and would like to see Carr stay at a mid tier level price for a QB in the league.

If he goes elsewhere the team will be able to spend the money on the line and skill positions to maximize his talent. I would like to see that recipe here in Houston.
Old 11-14-2005   #66
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

then we get to see some schmuck qb suck for a year and then a rookie suck for 2years. Well that will easily turn a 5 year plan into a 8 year plan. I mean people I understand that Carr not played close to the level that we expect out of a qb. I am a Carr supporter but I do not follow because of blind faith. The kid has immense talent and it is displayed everytime our offensive calling gets aggressive and we let him sling the rock around. yeah he will take to many sacks, not look off safties, and damn can you please look somewhere else other than the dumpoff man. All these things are easily fixable and things that every QB including the greats have to work on constantly. Get some talent around him and I dont mean a possession receiver from florida, a solid back, a horrible line, and star receiver. he has less weapons than any winning team and that is why we lose. Jimmy Johnson said it best "Carr has the ability to be one of the greats in this league it is a shame that Management and coaching are not putting this kid in a position to succeed."
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Coach C. Put better talent around him and you'll see a better QB.

Players with much less raw talent than Carr have risen and played on championship caliber teams, all because they were surrounded by a great TEAM.

I don't think any QB would find success with today's Texans. We need to focus on what's important, and that's the fundamentals of the game - like controlling the trenches.
Old 11-14-2005   #68
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
then we get to see some schmuck qb suck for a year and then a rookie suck for 2years. Well that will easily turn a 5 year plan into a 8 year plan. I mean people I understand that Carr not played close to the level that we expect out of a qb. I am a Carr supporter but I do not follow because of blind faith. The kid has immense talent and it is displayed everytime our offensive calling gets aggressive and we let him sling the rock around. yeah he will take to many sacks, not look off safties, and damn can you please look somewhere else other than the dumpoff man. All these things are easily fixable and things that every QB including the greats have to work on constantly. Get some talent around him and I dont mean a possession receiver from florida, a solid back, a horrible line, and star receiver. he has less weapons than any winning team and that is why we lose. Jimmy Johnson said it best "Carr has the ability to be one of the greats in this league it is a shame that Management and coaching are not putting this kid in a position to succeed."
Yes your hypothetical is plausible about a FA QB and a rookie, but it is also plausible that those guys come in and perform well as we grow the Oline organically through the draft.

I believe every position needs to be looked at with a stern eye to get us on the right track. And those eyes are usually strongly stern when it comes to the high priced contracts. Believe me if Carr were getting paid a mid level QB price right now, there would be less discussions on his performance and what his value is to the future of the team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read