Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #41
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

watching the plays again on Fox Sunday he was not just staring at Gaffney but looking to his left then threw to Gaffney down the middle for the TD. Again, who cares, it was a TD
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #42
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I remember 3 times today when Carr had all time but got nervous and threw away the ball or ran out of the pocket. I remember another time where the ends collapsed the back of the pocket and Carr stepped scrambled when all he had to do is take one step up and throw the ball. He has no football IQ/Awareness...
or maybe he's been in a position of having no time and his coaches have taught him to either throw the ball or run after about 2 sec.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
watching the plays again on Fox Sunday he was not just staring at Gaffney but looking to his left then threw to Gaffney down the middle for the TD. Again, who cares, it was a TD
It was a quick hitting play and Gaffney was wide open. There was no need to look anyone off on that play...this is pretty ridiculous. Carr locks on...its kinda known. Constant, non stop denials don't change anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #44
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I remember 3 times today when Carr had all time but got nervous and threw away the ball or ran out of the pocket. I remember another time where the ends collapsed the back of the pocket and Carr stepped scrambled when all he had to do is take one step up and throw the ball. He has no football IQ/Awareness...

Again, he has made mistakes, but you haters or whatever dont seem to want to give him ANY credit on how he plays at all. If you cannot see this guy has talent, then it is like talking to a wall.

So I ask, do you not see the horrible protection, the dropped passes and all that? We end up 2-20 and we hand the ball off and get 2 yards, then what are we going to do? Derr, and defenses around the league know we are transparent about our play calling.

Ive also seen Bret Favre have all the time in the world and then just throw the ball out of the back of the endzone because no one was open.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Again, he has made mistakes, but you haters or whatever dont seem to want to give him ANY credit on how he plays at all. If you cannot see this guy has talent, then it is like talking to a wall.
He passes for 138 yards and you guys act like he had some great game. Get real folks!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #46
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is the face of the franchise... on ESPN their advertising the Texans and the Chiefs . The say Dick Vermiels Chiefs are in Houston playing David Carr and the Texans . I guess it could'nt be Chad Stanley's Texans .
Old 11-13-2005   #47
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
He passes for 138 yards and you guys act like he had some great game. Get real folks!
Given the design of the Texans offense and the lack of pass blocking in the O/L it could be classified that way. (LOL) Even when it appears Carr has time (that would be 3 seconds) it is often b/c we are max protecting and the defense is max covering.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #48
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default lol

Goldeagle says carr has talent and i agree 100 percent but does the name Jeff George ring a bell, that guy had all the talent in the world, he could throw a pass on the rope for 100 yards, but he mounted to nothing, just because carr has talent doesnt mean he's going to win games, i'm not going to hate on carr for this game only because they were playing arguably the best team in the league, but carr at the same time didn't show me anything either he performed about how i expected him to perform, when he had time in the pocket he was hesitant, and when he actually got rid of the football it didnt seem like he was throwing with any confidence, again he has talent, but talent never won football games..... i want carr to show me some leadership and effort, and not the leadership with him throwing his arms in the air after a sack, show me something, make a play!, thats all... again im not saying to draft another qb i want carr to stay for a while get a line and hopefully turn this ship around in the future, but if texans fans are waiting for a turn around this year it's not going to happen......

And boom goes the dynamite
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #49
illspawn
Rookie

I don't think anyone in their right mind would say he gets good protection from the line or any help from the "reciever" that drops almost every pass. This is probably why people don't state it because even those who know nothing about football can see that. I think he is an above average quarterback, but just tired of getting hammered and a little timid as well.
illspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #50
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default yup

i agree with you on that, thats why i want to keep the guy, it's just frustrating to see him drop back for a pass go through his reads and get happy feet he needs protection and a healthy running game and this guy will take the league by storm i know it, he's a good quarterback and good quarterbacks are hard to come by in this league, maybe next year he'll have like what drew breese had a couple of years ago, where he just broke out and had a monster year, thats what i'm hoping for
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #51
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
So basiclly what your saying David carr should never be held accountable for his play WoW. it everyone's fault except for the field general the man that touches the ball on every offensive play.
That's not what I read. Try again. :brickwall
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #52
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The thing that bothered me the most about Carr yesterday was something that happened after the play.

We were down on the Colts 30 yard line on 4th down, and failed. Immediately the camera went onto David, and he was laughing with a Colt player.
Now to some of you, that may not bother you. But that bothered the heck out of me. And I guarantee you'd never see Brady, Manning, Favre, laughing after a failed 4th down conversion in enemy territory.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #53
SESupergenius

This is hilarious. Same old crew trying to find every little fiber to flame the guy instead of focusing on what the real problems are. "Locking on" is so totally overrated. Please watch any game, ANY game and you will see a QB "lock on" to a receiver. Gee we locked on to Andre last week at the end of the game then threw to another receiver, but boy was that the wrong decision. You can't win with these folks. They are going to need a 500 yard 10 TD game for him to be good. Most of the plays called yesterday were 3 step drops with comebacks, hitches or sideouts. Carr did well for what the plays were called to do, keep pressure off him because the O-line can't handle pressure of more than 2.5 seconds, and then they complain about him "holding on" to the ball too long when he does have more than 3 seconds. Hypocrites and oxy-morons.

Last edited by SESupergenius; 11-14-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2005   #54
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
The thing that bothered me the most about Carr yesterday was something that happened after the play.

We were down on the Colts 30 yard line on 4th down, and failed. Immediately the camera went onto David, and he was laughing with a Colt player.
Now to some of you, that may not bother you. But that bothered the heck out of me. And I guarantee you'd never see Brady, Manning, Favre, laughing after a failed 4th down conversion in enemy territory.
Yes I was a little irritated at that too. He's lacking some fire and leadership there.
Old 11-14-2005   #55
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
You don't know what was going down there on the field. Maybe June said something like "why didn't you throw it to Bradford?" Even Manning or Brady would have had to crack up on that one.
Old 11-14-2005   #56
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Carr is the face of the franchise... on ESPN their advertising the Texans and the Chiefs . The say Dick Vermiels Chiefs are in Houston playing David Carr and the Texans . I guess it could'nt be Chad Stanley's Texans .
I was on my way to the Cougars game on Sunday afternoon and was listening to the Texans post game show and heard Chad Stanley was the player of the game. That's pretty bad when the punter was the player of the game and it wasn't even because he punted for a high average or made several punts inside the 20. If anything, we benefited because of short punts.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #57
Frills
Veteran

People complain when he throws his helmet after a bad play...

Complain when he yells at someone

Complain when he takes a shot downfield...

Carr is laughing because he can only audible to run plays, he has 2 seconds before he gets thwacked, is always playing down 14 points.

sometimes it gets so bad, all you can do is laugh
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #58
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanDave
I was on my way to the Cougars game on Sunday afternoon and was listening to the Texans post game show and heard Chad Stanley was the player of the game. That's pretty bad when the punter was the player of the game and it wasn't even because he punted for a high average or made several punts inside the 20. If anything, we benefited because of short punts.
Just wait until Stanley is named the Texans MVP. Only other guy who could possibly win in my opinion is Dunta.
Old 11-14-2005   #59
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

how bout league mvp.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #60
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
just like he didnt read the defense when he scaned the d and found jabar for the td
As I watched that play I was like...Carr is scared as heck...it was: happy feet, happy feet, happy feet...oh he's open...and damn near over threw him. If Gaffney was Bradford...that is an incomplete pass...

Marcus Coleman looked like he was auditioning for the rodeo...jumping on the Edge's back trying to hold on for 8 seconds

Carr should not be on this team next year.

Release 5 of these players:

Carr, David
Buchanon, Phillip
Walker, Gary
Coleman, Marcus
Bradford, Corey
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read