Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #21
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Actually Fiddy, I am not on either side of this conversation but Gaff was the second read. At the snap his read was left then he went to the middle and found Gaff. Just wanted to clarify that...Continue on.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #22
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
Like when he could have caught the ball for a long gain and possible TD when Carr put it on his elbow while he was streaking down the seam and no one was around him but didn't bother to look back.
Okay, rip him for one mistake this season. Go ahead. But do praise him when AJ went out and Gaff stepped up and had some big games receiving wise and was our only threat at wideout...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #23
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Actually Fiddy, I am not on either side of this conversation but Gaff was the second read. At the snap his read was left then he went to the middle and found Gaff. Just wanted to clarify that...Continue on.
I thought Gaffney came from the left on that play, that's why he looked left cause that's where Gaff lined-up...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 11-13-2005   #24
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Actually Fiddy you are right. It was a two WR set lined up to the weakside.

Last edited by Coach C.; 11-13-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #25
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Okay, rip him for one mistake this season. Go ahead. But do praise him when AJ went out and Gaff stepped up and had some big games receiving wise and was our only threat at wideout...
Actually I think Gaff is a good no. 2 receiver, I just like pointing out that play! Hopefully he doesn't allow that to happen again because I do know that he is better than that.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
No Gaff was on the strong side. I thought that the first time I saw it to. I had to go back on the DVR to get a good look at it. It was quick, but I am just clarifying I do not want to enter this post to much because I feel very strongly toward oneside.
You couldn't have looked at it because I am in the play right now and the formation had no WR's lined up on the strong side. Both WR's were lined up on the left side of the field and Carr was looking at Gaffney the whole way. I'm not being critical of Carr on the play...just pointing out that you are not being straight with the other forum members on this play.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #27
illspawn
Rookie

I for one am not a Carr hater. I just think he is too damn gun shy from the crap offensive line and poor coaching to be effective. If those things change then maybe he would do better, but if is always the case when someone doesn't do well.
illspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by rmartin65
I thought Carr had a good game. Just my opoinion, but on the radio the guys were saying it too.
Quote:
I didnt know people considered a 138 yard passing game a good game...
Entering this game, the Texans were dead last in the league in passing yardage (104 ypg), so based on that - yeah - Carr had a great game. But based on NFL standards, the Texans suck. The 16th best passing offense in the league entering this game was the Giants at 215 ypg. That's an 'average' NFL passing offense. We are pathetic, especially if people are saying Carr and the passing offense had a good game today with 138 yards passing. That's good for a half if you are a good team.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #29
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

...and he was so shocked that he had time to throw, he still panicked. Luckily, he didn't overthrow him on that play.

I'm not a Carr hater at all but he needs to be held accountable like everyone else. He needs to held to task for:

Overthrowing people by 10 yards ABOVE their head.
Knowing when to throw it out of bounds and when not to.
When to run, etc...

Would Carr be great somewhere else? Maybe...he just might!! But that's like asking if someone could have a healthy marriage if they've already been divorced. The answer is MAYBE. If they find a good fit, work on things, focus - yes, they can. But that doesn't mean that they could've with the other person.

The coaches lack of football understanding may, and I say may, have ruined Carr here in Houston - maybe! But, while he's here, he needs to be accountable for his mistakes regardless of who or what brings them out in him. Otherwise, it may be best for him to find 'IT' somewhere else.

You know what's ironic? The Carr LOVERS want him to STAY here and keep taking this punishment and come out of his shellshokc here even though it may hurt his career in the long run producing 5 good years or so....

....could sound like 'selfishness' to the layman. I mean, if Carr could have a great career elsewhere or stay here and possibly never truly recover from happy feet and nerves of glass, what would you want?

I hope he's the one for us - let's let Jimmy Johnson make that call for us!!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Entering this game, the Texans were dead last in the league in passing yardage (104 ypg), so based on that - yeah - Carr had a great game. But based on NFL standards, the Texans suck. The 16th best passing offense in the league entering this game was the Giants at 215 ypg. That's an 'average' NFL passing offense. We are pathetic, especially if people are saying Carr and the passing offense had a good game today with 138 yards passing. That's good for a half if you are a good team.
TWO game total for Carr against the Colts this year: 8 Quarters, 186 gross passing yards

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #31
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young is not coming out. Your choices will be Leinert and Bush, you take Bush. The problem is you dont have weapons on offense. Look at the Colts.....Wayne, James, Clark, Stokley, Harrison. Texans: D.Davis, AJ, and????????????. Maybe in the Future Mathis can stay healthy and be a threat. You need an ULTIMATE weapon like Bush. Line him up a WR, HB, H-Back, punt/kick returner. You do not pass LT reincarnated.

Last edited by Mr.Scarface; 11-13-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #32
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

I would have to see coach's film - but on that play it might have been his only read. One receiver route. There might have been outlet but that is about it.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #33
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure Rich Lord said the Texans have already said they are going to give David his bonus of $8 million or whatever it is...which means David will be here but there will be a new coaching staff, new offense, etc. I don't think David is going anywhere.

And they were also commenting on the after game show that David was not considered by other players to be a leader.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is more important for a QB to be have arm strength and speed or is it more important to be smart and a leader .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #35
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if all this talk of David not being a leader is because the Texans are in such a funk or if it's true...I never heard this mentioned last year.

I think it's obvious to anybody that he's changed...most certainly he's more worried about being hit than he ever was before and that has caused problems with running out of bounds for losses and all the rest.

I keep hearing all this talk about how David's family was always at the Texans practices and that bothered some. I do believe I've seen that on some of the local sports shows. You know them showing him throwing to his small brothers and talking to his father.

I guess if they are going to pay his bonus they've already decided to keep him. You think the 610 guys would know if that was true or not. And I know that's what Rich Lord said.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #36
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You couldn't have looked at it because I am in the play right now and the formation had no WR's lined up on the strong side. Both WR's were lined up on the left side of the field and Carr was looking at Gaffney the whole way. I'm not being critical of Carr on the play...just pointing out that you are not being straight with the other forum members on this play.
if you look at the replay he might have took a quick look at aj on the left. diff to tell.

by the way i dont think carr had a particullary good game today. i thought he had chances to do a little more than he did today. especially in the first half. of course no one could of done much late once ind knew we had to throw.

Last edited by utahmark; 11-13-2005 at 10:58 PM.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #37
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

here is a interesting stat. if you take away carr's first miserable game against buff, he has thrown for

8 td's and 3 int's.

his qb rating would be up around 90 also(thats just a guess)

he's doing exactly what caper and company have asked him to do.(except maybe that pass to bradford last week)
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #38
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
He didnt "scan the D" on the Gaffney TD, he locked onto Gaffney. That was his first read and he never looked away. He always does that. That is why Gaff had those big games when AJ was out but has become non-existent now because he is on the middle reads. Carr locks onto his first read and then if that is not open, he dumps it down to the RB.
I actually saw him check a few today because he had more time in this game due to Pitts doing a good job at OT.

Sit Carr, possibly, again no one is saying he does not have his mistakes but it seems the Carr haters dont want to hear about bad protection and dropped passes. DO you guys even aknowledge that?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #39
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

And another thing, BIG DEAL if he only looked to Gaffney on the TD play, IT WAS A FREAKING TD!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #40
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Sit Carr, possibly, again no one is saying he does not have his mistakes but it seems the Carr haters dont want to hear about bad protection and dropped passes. DO you guys even aknowledge that?
I remember 3 times today when Carr had all time but got nervous and threw away the ball or ran out of the pocket. I remember another time where the ends collapsed the back of the pocket and Carr stepped scrambled when all he had to do is take one step up and throw the ball. He has no football IQ/Awareness...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read