Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default A prediction about Carr and the haters

An easy prediction actually

Carr gets traded, and will have success, and all the people hating on him will be here posting how they LOVED CARR, new he had potential and blah blah.... I can see it now. Is Carr a bit shell shocked, yes. Does he hold the ball to long at times, yes. Does he have more dropped passes than any other QB in the NFL, yes. Does he have the worst pass protection in the NFL, yes! Let the guy go to another team, watch him become what many nfl experts say he has and then I will have to read and here all you haters whining about that.

How many times do we have to see it happen Houston, how many times?

You know the guy has the worst pass protection in the NFL and with the dumbest set of coaches who could not make a right play call if it slapped their mothers in front of them.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
bigcarlos
Veteran

If we get Vince Young, there will be signs of David WHO????????
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
kenneth24
Veteran

Completely correct! Carr haters will say how they can't believe Houston let another great talent get away for nothing!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
If we get Vince Young, there will be signs of David WHO????????
Holy cow, all Vince does is drop back and run, he wont stay in the pocket. All he does is dunk it down to the running back. The line gave him 3 seconds today, he should be able to throw the ball all over the field, the good QB's can.

See how easy that is? It doesnt matter what name you plug in there.
Old 11-13-2005   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Exactly Kenneth

I mean, how can they be so blind about the offensive play calling, the inept ability to catch the ball at times and definitly the POOR, POOR pass protection?

Does he have certain quirks, yes, but many QBs have had those quirks and as Tony DUngy said about Carr on Siruis radio, we dont know if he is going to be a good or bad QB in this league because no one would have success with that protection. He has the potential, now lets get some protection for him and then see what he really has.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I dont think there is a carr hater i think there is a large amount of people that are dissapointed and how bad he has screwed this franchise and i dont blame them hell i myself will admit i wish we could turn back time and have J Peppers instead of this Clown we have now. and if honesty hurts i cant help it we should of known what kind of Qb he was going to be after all Casserly did draft him i guess he was a cant miss like heath shuler was.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #7
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
I dont think there is a carr hater i think there is a large amount of people that are dissapointed and how bad he has screwed this franchise and i dont blame them hell i myself will admit i wish we could turn back time and have J Peppers instead of this Clown we have now. and if honesty hurts i cant help it we should of known what kind of Qb he was going to be after all Casserly did draft him i guess he was a cant miss like heath shuler was.
Bad news if JP was here...(not to hate on peppers, but i am) he would be getting doubled and tripled team here because of the "fantastic" pass rush that we have and we would never hear from him. Its not the parts, its the sum of the whole! Carr can't complete passes because he ahs been slammed bc the O-line has done a terrible job of blocking but the O-line was so terrible because of the personel that the coaching staff puts in there and the overall philosophy of the coaching staff. Play not to lose, instead of playing to win! It starts with the coaches! So me a QB who plays great with terrible coaching?!?
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #8
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
Bad news if JP was here...(not to hate on peppers, but i am) he would be getting doubled and tripled team here because of the "fantastic" pass rush that we have and we would never hear from him. Its not the parts, its the sum of the whole! Carr can't complete passes because he ahs been slammed bc the O-line has done a terrible job of blocking but the O-line was so terrible because of the personel that the coaching staff puts in there and the overall philosophy of the coaching staff. Play not to lose, instead of playing to win! It starts with the coaches! So me a QB who plays great with terrible coaching?!?

So basiclly what your saying David carr should never be held accountable for his play WoW. it everyone's fault except for the field general the man that touches the ball on every offensive play.
Old 11-13-2005   #9
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
So basiclly what your saying David carr should never be held accountable for his play WoW. it everyone's fault except for the field general the man that touches the ball on every offensive play.
No I think its everyones fault and but it starts with bad coaching. The Texans took a step back this year because of their bright idea to put Wand at left tackle and took half the season before they changed that mistake. Another problem, like i said is the philosophy, especially against the colts and any team that plays a cover 2. The Texans, by design, refuse to attack the defense, instead settle for what they can get. And if this is the philosophy why do they continue to play a speed guy who has bad hands (bradford) instead of a good possesion receiver (armstrong). I think Carr tries to run too many times when he doesn't have to or in situations when he needs to throw the ball when there is no chance for him to pick up the necessary yardage with his feet. He also needs to learn to throw the ball away and cut his losses. But I've also seen him throw some nice deep balls, squeeze the ball into tight coverage bc of his strong arm and make good decisions when he can get into a rhythm. Its everybody's fault but Carr can be a good quarterback with the proper support around him.
Old 11-13-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Here's a prediction for you: Jabar Gaffney leaves the Texans and goes somewhere else to be the number 2 WR and puts up a few 1000 yard season and everyone will be asking "Why didnt he do that here?" and the Carr lovers will not be able to understand it was Carr's fault for not being able to read a defense.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Carr had a good game. Just my opoinion, but on the radio the guys were saying it too.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #12
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I thought Carr had a good game. Just my opoinion, but on the radio the guys were saying it too.
I didnt know people considered a 138 yard passing game a good game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 11-13-2005   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65

By mediocre standards he had a great game.
Old 11-13-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
No I think its everyones fault and but it starts with bad coaching. The Texans took a step back this year because of their bright idea to put Wand at left tackle and took half the season before they changed that mistake.
My prediction is you'll never believe that Wand started all the games last year at left tackle and Victor Riley started at left tackle for the first 4 games this year, and Pitts has started the rest. Wand has yet to start a game this year.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #15
mean mark8
Veteran

You know, I bet even Ryan Leaf was able to throw a few good passes into tight coverage because he had the physical ability. Am I saying Carr is the next Leaf? Absolutely not, but he is not playing up to his potential because he's scared. Why is every staunch Carr supporter so worried about having him sit a game or two, if anything just to let him regroup from the "battering" he is taking? We are now 1-8 with only having held a lead for ~35 minutes out of a total of 540. What's the harm in proving you Carr supporters right by letting Ragone play and look as pathetic or moreso? That we'll go another 60-120 minutes without a lead?
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #16
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
My prediction is you'll never believe that Wand started all the games last year at left tackle and Victor Riley started at left tackle for the first 4 games this year, and Pitts has started the rest. Wand has yet to start a game this year.
My bad! You are correct...but still why would the coaches take somebody (Riley) that no other team wanted and plug him into start. Pitts has outperformed Wand at left tackle this year. Wand did play much better last year than he has this year...this year he just seems a step slow and he has seen some playing time but maybe thats due to not getting as much playing time. (I feel ill, i think i just changed my tune on wand!) On a seperate note isnt it surprising that Pitts has played better even though he got a contract extension? I was not in favor of it when it happened because I thought he missed too many blocks and got called for too many penalties but he has stepped up. Thank goodness he didn't go the way of previous Houston athletes and just get fat and happy ( I think he already was!) like Hidalgo and Moochie!
Old 11-13-2005   #17
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mark8
You know, I bet even Ryan Leaf was able to throw a few good passes into tight coverage because he had the physical ability. Am I saying Carr is the next Leaf? Absolutely not, but he is not playing up to his potential because he's scared. Why is every staunch Carr supporter so worried about having him sit a game or two, if anything just to let him regroup from the "battering" he is taking? We are now 1-8 with only having held a lead for ~35 minutes out of a total of 540. What's the harm in proving you Carr supporters right by letting Ragone play and look as pathetic or moreso? That we'll go another 60-120 minutes without a lead?
I think sitting Carr for a start or 2 might be good for him, just for him to see the whole field without getting clobbered. Ragone doesn't have the arm strength or scrambling ability of Carr and neither does Banks. But it would be good for Ragone to get some experience if he is the backup of the future, as long as he doesn't get shell-shocked also.
Old 11-13-2005   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Here's a prediction for you: Jabar Gaffney leaves the Texans and goes somewhere else to be the number 2 WR and puts up a few 1000 yard season and everyone will be asking "Why didnt he do that here?" and the Carr lovers will not be able to understand it was Carr's fault for not being able to read a defense.
just like he didnt read the defense when he scaned the d and found jabar for the td
Old 11-13-2005   #19
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Like when he could have caught the ball for a long gain and possible TD when Carr put it on his elbow while he was streaking down the seam and no one was around him but didn't bother to look back.
Old 11-13-2005   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
just like he didnt read the defense when he scaned the d and found jabar for the td
He didnt "scan the D" on the Gaffney TD, he locked onto Gaffney. That was his first read and he never looked away. He always does that. That is why Gaff had those big games when AJ was out but has become non-existent now because he is on the middle reads. Carr locks onto his first read and then if that is not open, he dumps it down to the RB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read