Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2005   #21
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default what if...

Ferguson sounds like the pick to take in the draft, but i mean it takes offensive lineman a few years to get acclimated, i wouldn't expect a olineman to come here and be a all pro as a rookie or in the second year, also what about robert gallery the guy was suppose to be a stud, but he's nothing but a average lineman at the pro level....just goes to show you that offensive lineman are hard to come by, i think in the draft there are lots of o lineman that are good so you might see them take one in the 2nd or 3rd round rather than the first unless they stock up on picks in the first round....i want them to take reggie bush so i'm hoping they dont trade the 1st pick if we have it
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #22
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I don't have a name yet, but I think they should try to free agent a Center. Then throw your Ferguson/Winston in at LT. Definitely we need to draft a stellar TE. After that, we need to build up some depth. We have linemen falling like flies (well, maybe more like giants, but you get the idea.)
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #23
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
It was suppose to say C Hogdon, but I mispelled it and left out the space.

Winston is bigger, and much stronger, with good feet and a mean streak
Ferguson is much quicker, with slightly longer arms, great feet, and a lack of a mean streak(look this up with any expert and it is a knock on him)
Ferguson is a great passblocker who is ok in the run game-lack of size really hurts him against the bull rush
Winston is an above average pass blocker, who is a great run blocker
Winston serious injury and in great since the 4th game of the season
Ferguson lots of nagging injuries due to lack of size and just being an olineman
Comparison of Pace and Jones pretty accurate except that Ferguson does not have the mean streak Jones has. I have watched pace handle Freeney and countless other great pass rushers and I personally like the guy who can run block better. We are a running team and I think that is neccessary.

Due to the mean streak and large edge in run blocking Winston is still my guy. What do you think.
I dont think his mean streak is such an overwellming factor like it was with gallory. you dont hear much about it except it is more present than ferguson's. Ferguson is not a below average run blocker by any means, and will actually be a cer good pro at it. his arms are longer and it seems to me that longer armed linemen are better pass blockers, and ones w/shorter arms excel more at run blocking. Once he latches on to you though, your out of the play.

no doubt they will both be top pros, but you have to think of what you want more, and i want feguson for his pass blocking experties.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I really think that there is a good chance Pitts will be our LT starter for 2006 regardless of which 1st round LT we take. I think there is a good chance they will put Ferguson (or whoever we draft) at RT for a year. Then in 2007, Pitts will move to RT, not LG, and our 2006 rookie will move to LT.
Old 11-14-2005   #25
SESupergenius

Since this is Carrs fault why would we need to address the line. I mean, he holds onto the ball too long, he locks on to his recievers because he's waiting for the play develop and he can't find a secondary receiver and dumps down all the time. He can't avoid the sack and takes off too soon. Why not just draft Leinart or Young and that will solve our problems. We will have the best pick to choose from either candidate.
Old 11-14-2005   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

LT Ferguson
LG Pitts
C Hogdon
RG Brown
RT Wade

Im tired of McKinneys crappy play. Im tired of Weigert being injured, and im tired of not having a franchise LT.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #27
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Since this is Carrs fault why would we need to address the line. I mean, he holds onto the ball too long, he locks on to his recievers because he's waiting for the play develop and he can't find a secondary receiver and dumps down all the time. He can't avoid the sack and takes off too soon. Why not just draft Leinart or Young and that will solve our problems. We will have the best pick to choose from either candidate.
Right...way to call it SES. We MUST have LionFart the statue, that way he could throw off the rush by standing still and then he would be hiding in plain site.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2005   #28
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I really think that there is a good chance Pitts will be our LT starter for 2006 regardless of which 1st round LT we take. I think there is a good chance they will put Ferguson (or whoever we draft) at RT for a year. Then in 2007, Pitts will move to RT, not LG, and our 2006 rookie will move to LT.
I suspect that will be the way it goes down.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #29
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Talking

The way it looks, I think we are in pretty good shape, or at least better shape than most people give us credit for. All we need is a new GM, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, four new offensive linemen, one wide receiver, a quarterback, a defensive line, some linebackers, a cornerback, safeties, and a tight end. Otherwise, we've got it covered...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

A renegotiated contract with Carr and other cutting of the fat will help the line next year through four means:
Draft
Free Agency
New coach
Pitts, a healthy Weigert, Hodgdon and a refreshed Wade.
Old 11-14-2005   #31
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
LT Ferguson
LG Pitts
C Hogdon
RG Brown
RT Wade

Im tired of McKinneys crappy play. Im tired of Weigert being injured, and im tired of not having a franchise LT.
The Texans offensive line is historically terrible and some are proposing bringing the exact same guys back and replacing the most important position with a rookie.

This entire line has to be overhauled no matter what it takes. Pitts and possibly Hogdon should stick around. They need a minumum of 3 new, more talented starters and several dependable backups.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #32
College Texan
Veteran

I say whatever we do we need to keep Pitts in one spot

We take Ferguson and he immediately starts

We keep Mckinney for another year and he plays LG, we also begin to develope a third round center/guard guy to learn this position.

Hodgdon is center but we still take another center in the 3rd, a guy like
Florida's or Georgia's to have some depth if Hodgdon gets injured again

Get a few FA and keep Wade and Wand to all alternate this position while we pick up a guy like will Allen or Justice or Luitusi to learn this spot

Pitts is out stud at RT, Wade is either kept as a RG or traded (will that avoid a huge cap hit?)
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #33
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson-I already explained this pick

LG- Chester Pitts- Other than the false starts, I really dont see why he cant be a solid guard in this league.

C- Drew Hogdon- he played respectably as a rookie and he will only get better as soon as he can get back on the field.

RG- Steve McKinney- Better Guard than Center

RT- Todd Wade- Not great, but I think that he is our best offensive lineman.
I agree that we have alot of the peices in place.

I think that keeping Pitts as a tackle would be best though. Im thinking make Ferguson RT until hes ready to go to LT.. keep Pitts at LT. McKinney as LG and Wiegert as RG... or draft another G to put in there.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #34
real

we need reggie bush...period.... the o-line has actually gotten better and are giving up fewer sacks and allowing less pressure. we do not need to waste our first pick on o-line when reggie bush is right there and there is such a deep draft for o-line
Old 11-14-2005   #35
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

have you not watched this team at all the last 4 years??????

Bush will be out of the league in 6 years because of injuries and inability to play an actual position.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read