Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Carr goes down before they touch him

Four or five minutes to play andwe're running Wells. Then, outofthe shotgun, Carr goes down when the D line guy waves at him! What a team! What a leader!
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i think it was Cato june that sneezed and the pressure of the sneeze nocked our filed general down but thats not his fault.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
illspawn
Rookie

It's obvious he is just gun shy at this point. With the protection he has had for the few years any quarterback would be ruined. Oh well chalk up another loss.
illspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
bigcarlos
Veteran

We need a QB that can run.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #5
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
We need a QB that can run.

are you saying we need vince young?
Old 11-13-2005   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

We got a guy who can run, but between Young and Leinhart I would say Young.

But yeah, all Carr does is run.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

We must be looking at some kind of playoff tie-breaker or something, right? Points allowed or something. Why else would you punt, 1-7, 14 points down and four minutes left. Man, how many diffrent ways can I say it, P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C! Please, for the love of God, fire Capers and Casserly and bring in JJ to do both!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I grow tired of the Capers "derrrrrrrrrrrr" look on the sideline every week.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #9
mean mark8
Veteran

We need a QB whose confidence isn't shot. If you want to blame it on the line, that's fine. The guy has no business trying to play anymore because he has no confidence. We need a guy who'll make the great throw with an impending hit on his neck. That's not Carr. Say all you want about the absence of a great line, I think a lot of other QBs making Carr kind of money who would have played better than Carr today, IMO. Even Harrington had a good day today. Carr simply goes for the dump pass too quickly. He had lots of time to throw on several occassions where he just dropped it to a guy in the flat after 2 seconds. When you've got all day, stand there until someone gets open.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #10
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
Hell Ya
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #11
tampacoltfan
Rookie

Default Carr needs help

Carr has gotten gun shy, but come on, he has run for his life for several years and the play calling is at best questionable and at worst horrible. I bet if they had the players from the Colts offense they still would call a 1 yd pass on 3 and 8. Seems you have some good players and some bad, but I do not think Carr gets enough help from the ol or the coaches. He may need to go to another team where he can regain his composure.

Just my opinion. I like your team and was hoping it would give the Jags more trouble in the last game. I really wanted this team to fight for the division and add some spice to the division. Seems some changes are needed to get this team to where it needs to be.

keep the faith, the Texans remind me of the colts about 6 years ago. Same style of play and same result, the butt of alot of jokes. New coach and a few better players can change the whole outlook.

Good Luck
tampacoltfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
We need to make sure we're set at oline, TE, WR before we decide to flame another promising QB.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #13
kenneth24
Veteran

Since everyone wants Carr to be like Manning, thats all he was doing on that play! Kinda like earlier in the game when someone barely touched Peyton's ankle and he went down! What a terrible QB Peyton is to let something so simple bring him down!!!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #14
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Carr has alot of confidence in certain aspects of the game. Just look for a second people at the scoring drives. When we let Carr get back there and be aggressive he makes plays. I mean that is all he does is make plays. Did you guys not notice him fuming on the bench after not going for it at the end of the half or on the field goal down 14. Carr wants to be a winner the sad thing is he is looking to our coaching staff to see how and they are giving him nothing. I am not gonna say he played a great game though, because some of his passes were off target and he looked off deep routes to quickly due to his "I am bout to get my *** rocked counter". I just wanted to give the input that the kid is definately the right qb.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #15
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I just wanted to give the input that the kid is definately the right qb.
Its hard to make that argument on this board with all of the UT homers that think Vince Young will take us to the Super Bowl next year.
Old 11-13-2005   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
Since everyone wants Carr to be like Manning, thats all he was doing on that play! Kinda like earlier in the game when someone barely touched Peyton's ankle and he went down! What a terrible QB Peyton is to let something so simple bring him down!!!

But the man wins and you cant argue with wins
Old 11-13-2005   #17
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
You cant argue with the enormous amount of talent he has around him either.
Old 11-13-2005   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

What the hell, Carr has got his brains knocked out so many times in so many games since he's been here, I can't or certainly won't critisize him for hitting the deck now and then.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #19
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
I grow tired of the Capers "derrrrrrrrrrrr" look on the sideline every week.
Me too??? The team is a reflection of the coach in my opinion.
Old 11-13-2005   #20
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
no doubt! but even peyton took a step back in his fourth year going from 10 wins to 6. I know, I know what we wouldn't give for 6 wins! Hopefully Carr can make a jump next year! Seriously, if the coaches hadn't tried to experiment with the O-line how bad would this season had been so far? They were playing better and were moving the ball last year but the coaches tried to be "smart" and jacked with something that was working, not great but feasible, and it took them half the year to patch it, albeit with a rookie! until he went down and at least it looks like they have learned that NO MATTER WHAT, for petes sake, DON'T PUT WAND IN AT LEFT TACKLE!!!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read