Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #1
harley7
Rookie

Default Capers the excuse maker

Does this FG kicking, 4th and short punting, 3rd and long running coach make you physically ill like he does me? Dumb Capers acurately describes the Texans season to this point.
harley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Capers is a complete ***** but honestly we dont have the talent or the Qb to be throwing the ball down the field he is just woking wiht what he has.:brickwall
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Yeah Capers and Casserly have not done a great job building a team around DD, AJ and David Carr. In the end you are left with basically nothing to do on the field, but luckily Capers makes up for it by bad play calling.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

People.... once again.... it is not about winning games, that is not the goal. It's been the same since the first day and will be the same on Dumb's last day (January 2nd I believe).
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #5
kenneth24
Veteran

Not just the play calling but when to use your challenges! Last week he should have called for one on the catch when smith landed out of bounds and today when DRob made that great hit on Wayne and left the Colts with one yard to go, he didn't challenge the catch when clearly the ball was coming out and had the whole quarter change to think about it. After both times, the opposing team has gone on to score a TD. Not only does our defense hurt themselves all the time but the coaching staff isn't helping them either.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers is the stupidist coach I have heard of. He kicks a FG on 4th and 1 on the Colts 27, then tries a 4th and 10 at the 40.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #7
Co E-Z
Rookie

What the hell is he writing on that little notepad after the play?
Old 11-13-2005   #8
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co E-Z
What the hell is he writing on that little notepad after the play?
fire me, fire me not, fire me, fire me not, fire me, fire me not....

Seriously, He is supposed to be keeping track of which plays were positive and which were negative but then why do we run the same audible play all the time?!?! let me make the clear for him...Audible = run play = negative yardage.:brickwall
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #9
playoff year please
Veteran

Default How about having 1:30 left

Didn't we have 1:30 or so left in the half when we had an incomplete pass so then we sit on it. What the heck is wrong with this guy. What is the worst that could have happened, we go 1-8. Oh we did go 1-8, I guess sitting on the ball paid off. Fire him now not later.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #10
blankfixation
Rookie

Angry Capers the excuse maker

Call me crazy, maybe I am just imagining this due to the lack of any satisfaction with the Team this year. But everytime ole dumby, I mean Dom* Capers and Casserly get questioned about things with the team to the media they come up with politician excuses. Reporter Asks" well coach..what happened?" Dom replies" well we didnt score enough points and sometimes thats the way it works in the big league" how about for once the man stands up and says "hey we sucked! and if players dont start earning their millions then they will be benched" Im so fed up with this admin staff!:brickwall
blankfixation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool sarcasm advisory

Fellas, fellas, we got to put this all behind us and look ahead. We need to see "the vision".

We've got a 7 game season ahead of us...and....uh....we're working really hard and...uhh...things look like they could possibly come together at some future point...and...errrrr...

Seriously, I'm just drawing on the vast wisdom that Coach Capers has imparted on us at press conferences during these very difficult times.

So...ummm, yeah. You guys are making it tough to stay positive here.

Anyway, the team needs even the disallusioned fans support next Sunday against the Chiefs. We have a PRIMETIME game, and we need to fire our team up and avoid embarrassing ourselves as football fans. We have plenty of time in the future for discussions like these.

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!!

See you Sunday!
Old 11-14-2005   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it SEEMS like something you would want the coach to do to come out and rip the team a new one in the press, but that would just nuke the locker room. Should they be ripped behind closed doors...Yup, but you don't throw them under the bus publicly. You will always get a pablum type of answer from the coach after a game.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

...go read what the Patriots coach says after the game and during the week==some of you will be suprised!!! Real answers that change every week and actually keeps the fans informed and even puts blame on himself---don't think all Coaches 'beat around the bush' like Capers and give the same 'stock' answers every week that includes Caper's 'cardinal rule'--NEVER ACCEPT BLAME...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I know it SEEMS like something you would want the coach to do to come out and rip the team a new one in the press, but that would just nuke the locker room. Should they be ripped behind closed doors...Yup, but you don't throw them under the bus publicly. You will always get a pablum type of answer from the coach after a game.
Look at how Phil Garner threw his whole team under the bus after that 14 inning loss in the World Series. He got off lightly in the local media for doing that, and it did make the fans feel good. But the national media crucified him for it.

If he'd have done that everytime the Astros lost, the players would have lost respect for him. You never criticize your team in public. NEVER!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans post-game quotes
HoustonTexans.com

HEAD COACH DOM CAPERS

(on game overview)

“We didn’t make enough plays to beat a good football team.”

(on key plays)

“Some other plays could have gone either way, but the Colts took care of their game.”

(on the roughing the kicker (Hunter Smith) penalty)

Shantee (Orr) told me he tipped the ball, which is why I challenged the play.”

(on team's improvements)

“We weren’t consistent enough. Anytime you’re playing an offense like this you’ve got to play physical football. We played better in the second half, had some takeaways and converted them for points. That’s what you have to do against a team like the Colts.”
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #16
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I had the worst dream, you guys. I had a dream that it was season 4 and that after 9 games we were 1-8. Capers lost his team, he still looked lost when there was a camera shot of him; Casserly was still cosigning w/ Bob Allen. DAMN, then I woke up and realized it was true, we are 1-8. :brickwall
Old 11-14-2005   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...go read what the Patriots coach says after the game and during the week==some of you will be suprised!!! Real answers that change every week and actually keeps the fans informed and even puts blame on himself---don't think all Coaches 'beat around the bush' like Capers and give the same 'stock' answers every week that includes Caper's 'cardinal rule'--NEVER ACCEPT BLAME...
That's a little disingenious, don't you think?

Belichick has won 3 Super Bowls. He's entitled to mouth off.
Old 11-14-2005   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Shantee (Orr) told me he tipped the ball, which is why I challenged the play.”
And your problem with that is . . . . . what?
Old 11-15-2005   #19
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
That's a little disingenious, don't you think?

Belichick has won 3 Super Bowls. He's entitled to mouth off.
...sorry I didn't mention every single coach that is more like B and less like C
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
And your problem with that is . . . . . what?
what? what do you think? many, many times Capers stands there, mouth wide open, I guess wanting an explanation and now a player has to make the call. Don't the Texans have staff watching the game & reviewing film already in case there needs to be a challenge? I swear the oganizational perplexity when it comes to challenges, decisions to punt, attempt a FG or go for it are enough to drive a fan insane or or this too even
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read