Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Investors demand answers for 1-7 record

Quote:
Like stockholders whose investment was bottoming out, Texans shareholders demanded a meeting with the chairman and chief executive officer.

So owner Bob McNair hosted his limited partners at a recent meeting.

"I believe in treating my partners the way I'd like to be treated, and the way I'd like to be treated is I'd like to know what's going on," he said. "We've been having a tough time, and I know they have the same questions that I have."

McNair, who has 11 limited partners, answered questions about his team, which is tied for the NFL's worst record.

He also listened to opinions.

"I understand how they feel," McNair said. "They've got friends asking them things like, 'Why don't you bench David Carr?' and 'Why don't you fire the coach?' and 'Why is Charley Casserly still here?' and 'Why didn't you make some big trade?'
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3457302

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

casserly and capers are both gone.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

When I read that earlier this morning, the last quote by McNair jumped out at me:

"I just thought at this particular time it was appropriate to just give them a briefing as to what's going on, what we're doing and why we're doing it."

Why we're doing it

If "it" is firing Capers, why would that even need an explanation? If "it" is more involved, such as cutting loose the GM and head coach before their contracts expire, then if I were a stakeholder, I'd really be interested in the plan. I sense that both C&C are gone - but that still may be just wishful thinking. We will have to wait and see.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

problems with the Texans is they gambled and lost. We had bad luck thrown in..

At the time Milford Brown looked like a solid pick in the expansion draft.
Boselli was checked out by our doctors AND NFL doctors and cleared.
Ryan Young was an up and comming linemen at the time.
Jermaine Lewis was a probowl returner..
we gambled on Hollings and failed on that.

hindsight is 20/20 but we gave up mulitple draft picks on certain people that we hoped would be solid.. we are still waiting on that.

The front office took gambles and it was boom or bust.. well we busted more times than not.. that is what happens when you take risks.. sometimes the risks work sometimes not..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

These investors don't seem like the kind of people I want running my football team. To say they seem clueless would be kind.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They aren't running the team they are just financing it. Every investor for any company has a right to be concerned about the direction their company is going.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, can I be the first poster in this thread to say the stockholders are a bunch of crybabies?

Pretty interesting story. I'm not used to any other type of team ownership than a dictator kind.
Old 11-13-2005   #8
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
These investors don't seem like the kind of people I want running my football team. To say they seem clueless would be kind.
What is that suppose to mean.

Do you like Casserly and Capers?
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking that the real issue is that even the "owner" Bob McNair has people he answers to.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't think he necessarily answers to them, he is the majority owner.
Old 11-13-2005   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I don't think he necessarily answers to them, he is the majority owner.
So because your an owner say 60% of a business that you can just give the finger to the 40%. Even as very rich person, he probably can't own the texans without the financial support he gets no matter the actual percentage. From an ethical and business standpoint, McNair has to explain to these guys what he is doing with their money.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

OK, I guess I should explain myself better. I guess technically he does have to answer to them in some fashion because they are investors. But he doesn't really have to answer to them on the day to day operations. He does have control of the team it's not like he can't make any decisions without the consent of the other investors.
Old 11-13-2005   #13
mean mark8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
So because your an owner say 60% of a business that you can just give the finger to the 40%. Even as very rich person, he probably can't own the texans without the financial support he gets no matter the actual percentage. From an ethical and business standpoint, McNair has to explain to these guys what he is doing with their money.
Technically, as a Limited Partnership, the limited partners don't get any say in how the operations are run. That's why I'd strongly recommend against becoming a limited partner in anything.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #14
harley7
Rookie

GET RID OF CAPERS!!!!! This guy has been a numbskull from the beginning. Dumb Capers makes me sick running 3rd and long and kicking FG's when hopelessly behind in points.
harley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #15
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I agree! Sounds like alot of the people on this message board that have no knowledge about football and just like saying things to get a reaction without thinging or reasoning behind. Like they don't even watch the game or something!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #16
Dubya
All Pro

These investors have a lot of money tied up in this football team, so they're probably at every single game and see what happens, and they don't have to be football geniuses to know a 1-7 (now 1-8) record is awful. If I had a lot of money tied up in something and it was going this badly after four years I'd be asking a lot of questions too.

It is a good thing for us that they're asking lots of questions (even if they are stupid) because now McNair is getting pressure from the fans (his revenue stream) and from his investors as well, which could lead McNair to start making some serious decisions on the future of Casserly and Capers.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #17
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Boselli was checked out by our doctors AND NFL doctors and cleared.
Why didn't McNair FIRE the Doctors????

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #18
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Hey, can I be the first poster in this thread to say the stockholders are a bunch of crybabies?

Pretty interesting story. I'm not used to any other type of team ownership than a dictator kind.
Sound like a bunch of "bandwagoners".

Is bandwagoners a real word?

cac:
Old 11-13-2005   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Why didn't McNair FIRE the Doctors????

bobby 119C:brickwall
Or even better, fire the NFL doctors!!!

Sry ppl, no drama to get out of that story
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #20
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Would January 2nd please hurry up!!!!

I think Capers and Casserly will be gone after the season, but at this point who will coach/manage the team the rest of the way if Capers and Casserly are fired now?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read