Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2005   #1
Tedc
Hardheaded
 
Tedc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bull Pen
Age: 50
Posts: 5,299
Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How does this happen?

It is a very good thing that I don't work in Vegas.

I started off the week predicting the Colts would destroy the Texans 38-13 based on the fact that the Colts have Manning at QB and the Texans are one to give up a short pass in front of the recievers all day long. Manning is an all day long QB (see Montana). He doesn't have to go deep. If the defense gives him the short pass in the crease, he will take it all day.
The Texans have scored an average of 13 points against some pretty good teams while the Colts are averaging 28 points against the field.

By Tueday, I look at the injury report and see that Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are probable. The mere fact that they were injured before and there is any doubt is a plus for the Texans, right? OK- Colts 33- Texans 13. Lets not consider that it is only Tuesday and the players just had a day off and the injury report won't be updated until Thursday.

Wednesday- I am rehashing the events at the end of a tough Jacksonville loss. They really have a tough team and we were giving them all they could handle. The defense and offense were at odds and were yelling at eachother after the last play. Some may say this is a problem but I see it as a plus. It means they care about our 1-7 season and they are ticked. Colts 30- Texans 16.

On Thursday the teams release thier updated injury report and it hasn't changed much...Freeney and Mathis are probale and the Texans have D.Davis as questionable. The D. Davis issue has me baffled. The Texans go to DD 60% of the time and the defense can key on DD to shut down 60% of an offense that ranks almost last in the NFL. With DD out, the Texans seem to have a more balanced attack and seems to keep the defense off thier toes and more on thier heels. Sit down DD. Colts 30- Texans 19.

Friday- I see that OUR Mathis may play and it makes me think he may return on for a TD. Considering that the Colts should be kicking the ball to him often, that gives us a better shot. Colts 30- Texans 26

Saturday- I hear of Peyton Manning's rumors about the cheerleader. I know that he is a proud man and is very family orientated. This can't have been a good situation for him all week and his mind may be on legal issues. Colts 27- Texans 26.


Sunday- I wake up and it is a great day for a game. Do you want to know my pick? Texans 30- Colts 27.

What the heck. I am a homer.
__________________
Tedc .......Hardest head in the Blue Crew!
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CPH
Age: 40
Posts: 5,618
Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I REALLY hope you're right, but the problem is, Colts usually make more than 30 points, and 27 points from the Texans, pretty unlikely but, what the heck

Btw. In last weeks game against NE, Freeney and Mathis took turns in rushing the passer with Freeney often sidelined. So he's been injured, in some way, for a while but the team seems to manage OK without him out there on every play. I for one would not mind if both were sidelined through the entire game, David would too I'm sure

ps: my local bookie (I live in Denmark) won't even LET me play on the game, sucker!
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 11 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Saturday- I hear of Peyton Manning's rumors about the cheerleader. I know that he is a proud man and is very family orientated. This can't have been a good situation for him all week and his mind may be on legal issues. Colts 27- Texans 26..
What's up with this Ted? First I've heard about Peyton and a cheerleader.
Maybe he was in the restroom with the two Carolina cheerleaders that were making out!!!!!!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CPH
Age: 40
Posts: 5,618
Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
What's up with this Ted? First I've heard about Peyton and a cheerleader.
Maybe he was in the restroom with the two Carolina cheerleaders that were making out!!!!!!

bobby 119C
If he's been fooloing around with a cheerleader I expect him to be all-potent, firing on all cylenders!

Let's hope he's outa gas shall we ?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #5
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 11 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
If he's been fooloing around with a cheerleader I expect him to be all-potent, firing on all cylenders!

Let's hope he's outa gas shall we ?

Bet his wife is all potent on his butt, maybe he will have some "stinkin' thinkin'" and not be all there for this game!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #6
Tedc
Hardheaded
 
Tedc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bull Pen
Age: 50
Posts: 5,299
Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
What's up with this Ted? First I've heard about Peyton and a cheerleader.
Maybe he was in the restroom with the two Carolina cheerleaders that were making out!!!!!!

bobby 119C
http://deals.gizmodo.com/sports/nfl/...lem-136002.php
__________________
Tedc .......Hardest head in the Blue Crew!
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #7
Buffi2
Site Contributor
 
Buffi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: livingston, texas
Posts: 1,548
Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Sunday- I wake up and it is a great day for a game. Do you want to know my pick? Texans 30- Colts 27.
Manning and cheerleaders notwithstanding - as much as I would love to see the Texans beat the Colts (or anyone else for that matter), I fear we have as much of a chance of winning today as I have of being 21 again.

I will be relatively happy if we can stay within 7 points, score more than 2 touchdowns, and have Carr remain upright. As an added bonus, I would like to see Mathis back in the game.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #8
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,708
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
I will be relatively happy if we can stay within 7 points, score more than 2 touchdowns, and have Carr remain upright. As an added bonus, I would like to see Mathis back in the game.
Those are reasonable hopes for this game. I have actually predicted a win for us back on Monday, but that would come in the framework of an ALL TIME upset. They are coming off a very emotional and physical game with a short week. If there was a time for it to happen, this could be it.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame
 
bckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 54
Posts: 2,332
Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

We're gonna get blown out. Just the fact that we are playing Indy in Indy should be enough. Throw in our OL injuries and shuffling around again and we have a mess in front of Carr.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #10
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 11 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default


Thx Ted!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 11 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
I fear we have as much of a chance of winning today as I have of being 21 again. .

Buffi2 love your avatar!!!

21-----a bunch of us are 21, myself, TedC, Double D, Vinny, Infantrykak, SheTexan, etc.

Like I said in another post, just hope we look somewhat like a NFL football team and not totally embarrass ourselves again!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer
 
Texans_Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,262
Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's Beat Them CHEFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
It is a very good thing that I don't work in Vegas.

I started off the week predicting the Colts would destroy the Texans 38-13 based on the fact that the Colts have Manning at QB and the Texans are one to give up a short pass in front of the recievers all day long. Manning is an all day long QB (see Montana). He doesn't have to go deep. If the defense gives him the short pass in the crease, he will take it all day.
The Texans have scored an average of 13 points against some pretty good teams while the Colts are averaging 28 points against the field.

By Tueday, I look at the injury report and see that Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are probable. The mere fact that they were injured before and there is any doubt is a plus for the Texans, right? OK- Colts 33- Texans 13. Lets not consider that it is only Tuesday and the players just had a day off and the injury report won't be updated until Thursday.

Wednesday- I am rehashing the events at the end of a tough Jacksonville loss. They really have a tough team and we were giving them all they could handle. The defense and offense were at odds and were yelling at eachother after the last play. Some may say this is a problem but I see it as a plus. It means they care about our 1-7 season and they are ticked. Colts 30- Texans 16.

On Thursday the teams release thier updated injury report and it hasn't changed much...Freeney and Mathis are probale and the Texans have D.Davis as questionable. The D. Davis issue has me baffled. The Texans go to DD 60% of the time and the defense can key on DD to shut down 60% of an offense that ranks almost last in the NFL. With DD out, the Texans seem to have a more balanced attack and seems to keep the defense off thier toes and more on thier heels. Sit down DD. Colts 30- Texans 19.

Friday- I see that OUR Mathis may play and it makes me think he may return on for a TD. Considering that the Colts should be kicking the ball to him often, that gives us a better shot. Colts 30- Texans 26

Saturday- I hear of Peyton Manning's rumors about the cheerleader. I know that he is a proud man and is very family orientated. This can't have been a good situation for him all week and his mind may be on legal issues. Colts 27- Texans 26.


Sunday- I wake up and it is a great day for a game. Do you want to know my pick? Texans 30- Colts 27.

What the heck. I am a homer.

I do the same damned thing. Beginning of the week, not so sure. End of the week, I am picking the Texans straight up against the Chefs in my Pigskin Pool. (no money involved so the self-delusional doesn't lose money). I woke up disappointed this morning cuz I thought that today was Sunday and then realized it was only Saturday morning.

I find this interesting because if I can get this hyped about a team that is playing unwell, I guess I will freak when we are finally on track.

Anyhow, if it were just a statistics game, we could just leave it to computers.

I really think we are going to win this one. That would be so fine.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 42
Posts: 11,568
Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
It is a very good thing that I don't work in Vegas.

I started off the week predicting the Colts would destroy the Texans 38-13 based on the fact that the Colts have Manning at QB and the Texans are one to give up a short pass in front of the recievers all day long. Manning is an all day long QB (see Montana). He doesn't have to go deep. If the defense gives him the short pass in the crease, he will take it all day.
The Texans have scored an average of 13 points against some pretty good teams while the Colts are averaging 28 points against the field.
That's fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
By Tueday, I look at the injury report and see that Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are probable. The mere fact that they were injured before and there is any doubt is a plus for the Texans, right? OK- Colts 33- Texans 13. Lets not consider that it is only Tuesday and the players just had a day off and the injury report won't be updated until Thursday.
Makes sense. 33-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Wednesday- I am rehashing the events at the end of a tough Jacksonville loss. They really have a tough team and we were giving them all they could handle. The defense and offense were at odds and were yelling at eachother after the last play. Some may say this is a problem but I see it as a plus. It means they care about our 1-7 season and they are ticked. Colts 30- Texans 16.
No, it means everyone is frustrated because our HC sucks. Still 33-13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
On Thursday the teams release thier updated injury report and it hasn't changed much...Freeney and Mathis are probale and the Texans have D.Davis as questionable. The D. Davis issue has me baffled. The Texans go to DD 60% of the time and the defense can key on DD to shut down 60% of an offense that ranks almost last in the NFL. With DD out, the Texans seem to have a more balanced attack and seems to keep the defense off thier toes and more on thier heels. Sit down DD. Colts 30- Texans 19.
I think I agree with you here. 30-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Friday- I see that OUR Mathis may play and it makes me think he may return on for a TD. Considering that the Colts should be kicking the ball to him often, that gives us a better shot. Colts 30- Texans 26
Never count on a run back for a TD. A fumble is more likely. Not knocking Mathis. It's just reality. Still 30-16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Saturday- I hear of Peyton Manning's rumors about the cheerleader. I know that he is a proud man and is very family orientated. This can't have been a good situation for him all week and his mind may be on legal issues. Colts 27- Texans 26.
Peyton Manning is not effected by outside influence. Still 30-16.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Sunday- I wake up and it is a great day for a game. Do you want to know my pick? Texans 30- Colts 27.

What the heck. I am a homer.
Yes, you are. It's a great day, so....both teams will score 1 extra point. 31-17 Colts.

Of course, the truth is that I probably had it pegged at 44-10 on Monday and Colts by 2 points on Sunday morning.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CPH
Age: 40
Posts: 5,618
Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I woke up disappointed this morning cuz I thought that today was Sunday and then realized it was only Saturday morning.
Well, when you read this it'll be sunday
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger