Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who SHould Be Replaced First?
Carr needs to go! 4 7.84%
The O Line needs to be replaced! 47 92.16%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2005   #1
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Interesting Stat

I stumbled across an interesting statistic today and thought it had some significance.

The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the fewest sacks in the NFL is 93.4

The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the most sacks (except Houston) is 76.5

So I pose the question, based on the statistic above, do you think Carr should be relaced or the O Line?
Old 11-12-2005   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected

Either the carr haters arent showing themselves or i just helped people see the light!
Old 11-12-2005   #3
touttail
All Pro

I've stated before, you got to have time to pass and when he does he is shell shocked from being hit so often!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I've stated before, you got to have time to pass and when he does he is shell shocked from being hit so often!

bobby 119C:brickwall
Thats exactly the point I'm trying to get across because too many people seem to have given up on Carr. It just doesnt make sense to give up on hiim til he gets a REAL chance.
Old 11-12-2005   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if Payton Manning was behind our O-line he wouldn't get sacked as much as Carr. Im by no means a Carr hater, but at the same time, field vision and awareness are very closely related to the number of sacks someone takes in my opinion.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Well, if Payton Manning was behind our O-line he wouldn't get sacked as much as Carr. Im by no means a Carr hater, but at the same time, field vision and awareness are very closely related to the number of sacks someone takes in my opinion.
I agree that Carr's field vision isn't the greatest. I think it might be hard to see what is in front of you when you are worried about what is coming up behind you. Give the kid a chance with a good o line and see if he doesn't improve by leaps and bounds.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am amazed at the numbers of excuses that you guys can come up with to have the same tired Carr debate.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2005   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
I am amazed at the numbers of excuses that you guys can come up with to have the same tired Carr debate.
I don't think the o-line troubles qualify as an excuse. I think the original poster's point was to give Carr fair terms to play with before writing the book on him.
RTP2110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
I don't think the o-line troubles qualify as an excuse. I think the original poster's point was to give Carr fair terms to play with before writing the book on him.
And how is that covering new ground???
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Until people quit thinking that Vince Young or Reggie Bush will magically lift this team to glory, then I'm going to keep thinking of reasons to defend him.

RTP is right on the money, my original reason for posting this is to show people that the O Line is is just as important to a team as a QB is. My purpose wasn't to make excuses for Carr (trust me, I'm sick of those threads too), I just wanted to give physical evidence that the O Line is extremly significant to the offense, thats all.
Old 11-12-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

That really isn't evidence...those are stats and stats are deceiving. I'd rather have a QB who can make great decisions in crunch time than give me a great passer rating throwing mostly hitch passes and ONE TD a game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Get a new o-line, get new life on offense.
Old 11-12-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the fewest sacks in the NFL is 93.4

The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the most sacks (except Houston) is 76.5
Lemme get this straight.. the teams whos QB is getting sacked the least have a better overrall QB rating than the teams whos QB is getting sacked the most?

YOUR KIDDING ME! who woulda thunk it! Next your gonna tell me the sky is blue.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Poll, aka, "If-David-does-well-I'm-gonna-bust-all-the-haters-rumps-later"-poll!

No way I'm voting, I'll be registered and sh1te
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are #1 in the NFL at protecting their QB (5 sacks allowed)
The Colts are #1 in the NFL at tackling the oppositions' QB (28 sacks)
The Colts are the NFL's only undefeated team at 8-0

There's nothing misleading about that. If you tackle the other team's QB while protecting your own, your team will win football games. It doesn't get more fundemental in football than blocking and tackling. If the Texans become proficient in these departments, they'll win more football games. If not, they won't. Regardless of who's playing behind the center.
Old 11-13-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Vick and Culpepper have been the most sacked QB's outside of Carr the last few years but they have been playoff teams as they have taken a goofy amount of sacks...but those guys make plays. You can do anything with numbers.

Old 11-13-2005   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you joking? Vick is one of the great RB's in the league...who happens to take snaps. And the Falcons have one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL.

Culpepper is a 265 lb monster who has no fear of the rush. Why should he, he's bigger than many of the guys trying to tackle him. Despite that, Culpepper's sitting at home with 3 torn knee ligaments. Goes around, comes around. Exceptions that prove the rule.

You know why this is funny? Charley Casserly gave the same line about Vick & Culpepper at the start of the season.
Old 11-13-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Vick only leads the team to the Championship games and makes plays when he has to make them (what winning QB's do). Only a Texans homer would take Carr over Vick or Culpepper. You guys are amazing.

Old 11-13-2005   #19
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Only a Texans homer would take Carr over Vick or Culpepper. You guys are amazing.
Look, if you can make the trade for Vick or Culpepper...pull the trigger. Until then, let's hope the Texans get betting at pass blocking.
Old 11-13-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Look, if you can make the trade for Vick or Culpepper...pull the trigger. Until then, let's hope the Texans get betting at pass blocking.
I can't make any deals...but I sure can discuss the guys we have. That's all I can do. If you just want to say one set of stats are the definitive reason Carr is this or Carr is that...you just may get an argument on a message board since there are some people who happen to think he is as much of the problem as our line. I think we need a couple of linemen…and a QB, but you are right…I gotta sit back and hope he gets better. That’s all I can do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read