Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2005   #301
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

You're down by 14 against the Colts, and you run little dinky draws and passes in the final minute of the first half. We're playing not to be blown out at this point, not even to keep it close.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #302
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Not as bad as that dumpoff to end the half. I'd almost rather see Carr get sacked as he waits to hit a receiver downfield.

Although I would have MUCH preferred that he actually HIT a receiver downfield...for a score, maybe? :P
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #303
Dubya
All Pro

So, another wasted opportunity. This kind of coaching makes me sick.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #304
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
You're down by 14 against the Colts, and you run little dinky draws and passes in the final minute of the first half. We're playing not to be blown out at this point, not even to keep it close.
There are guys in patterns downfield. That's Carr's choice to dump it down.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #305
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, no sacks so far. Maybe Pendry is finally getting throught to Carr that he has to throw the ball somewhere, anywhere, just don't take a sack. I even remember Carr throwing one out of bounds deep down the sideline when his man was covered.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #306
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have one coach playing to win at all costs and another coach playing to not lose by more than 21 points. Something is terribly wrong with this picture.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #307
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Wow, no sacks so far. Maybe Pendry is finally getting throught to Carr that he has to throw the ball somewhere, anywhere, just don't take a sack. I even remember Carr throwing one out of bounds deep down the sideline when his man was covered.
I don't know, but a couple times I saw Freeny getting triple-teamed and Mathis getting double-teamed (yes, 8 guys pass protecting) which explains why Carr can't find anyone open...he only has 2 WR's who are being covered by the other 7 Colts defenders...

So, the protection is there, but it's costing you in open receivers...
bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2005   #308
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was against taking Reggie Bush but Carr dumps it off so much that Bush would actually do something with it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #309
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanlan

That doesn't explain the awful throws.

Old 11-13-2005   #310
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
We have one coach playing to win at all costs and another coach playing to not lose by more than 21 points. Something is terribly wrong with this picture.
They left 2 timeouts on the board and don't even try to get into field goal territory. That's not the QB's fault that is simply F.... coaching and there is no other way to put it. I mean these guys have no idea what they are doing. Almost everyone on this board has to be throwing up watching this debacle. We finally put ourselves into a position to do some damage and the defense gives us the hold we need, and we do nothing. That's barf football by a bunch of losers and it ain't the players.......................................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #311
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
What do you expect? Carr is now out there not to get killed. Hopefully he goes to a team that knows how to take care of their QB.
Silly me! I expect a coach to want to win and coach with that as the goal. I also expect an oline to be at the very least average as opposed to last in the league. I guess I expect too much.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #312
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That doesn't explain the awful throws.
Hey, I'm only one man, I can't fix everything...

bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #313
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanlan
I don't know, but a couple times I saw Freeny getting triple-teamed and Mathis getting double-teamed (yes, 8 guys pass protecting) which explains why Carr can't find anyone open...he only has 2 WR's who are being covered by the other 7 Colts defenders...

Eight to block four. There's a game plan.

The good thing is people will be able to say how well the line did with no sacks in the first half. The coahes just cripple the entire offense to attain that goal.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #314
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, SF has 0 passing yards at halftime.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #315
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Tough to win with awful quarterback play.

Old 11-13-2005   #316
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Were not the only ones
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #317
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
They left 2 timeouts on the board and don't even try to get into field goal territory. That's not the QB's fault that is simply F.... coaching and there is no other way to put it. I mean these guys have no idea what they are doing. Almost everyone on this board has to be throwing up watching this debacle. We finally put ourselves into a position to do some damage and the defense gives us the hold we need, and we do nothing. That's barf football by a bunch of losers and it ain't the players.......................................
Vinny what's wrong with these coaches. I wouldn't blame this on Carr!!!
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #318
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

minnesota has 6 total yards and leads 7-6 at halftime..

did yall see the wind in Chicago?? wow that highlight of that 39 yard fieldgoal was funny (not to the kicker) the way the wind took it out.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #319
IndyColtsBabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
It's typical Manning and Colts thing. They are bad sports. Run up the score, throw a deep ball when you are up by 20. They are a real embarrasment to the game.
Oh come on! The entire Colts organization are a class act...Dungy challenged it because he hasn't forgotten last season when we could be up by 40 points and our defense would still lose it for us. It's a compliment to the Texans that Dungy doesn't think we can afford to just hand the ball over. I know it sucks when you're losing...been a Colts fan a long time...but don't vent your agression by insulting one of the classiest teams in the league.
IndyColtsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #320
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
The good thing is people will be able to say how well the line did with no sacks in the first half. The coahes just cripple the entire offense to attain that goal.
I wish people would get their heads out of their butts and realize this....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read