Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-12-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Portis Continues His Casual Thursdays

There are some pictures linked if you want to see more...Portis is a little wacky it seems.
Quote:
Running Back Dresses As 'Sheriff Gonna Getcha'
POSTED: 8:05 am EST November 11, 2005
UPDATED: 8:40 am EST November 11, 2005

ASHBURN, Va. -- There was a new sheriff in town Thursday for Clinton Portis' weekly meeting with the media.

Portis arrived dressed as "Sheriff Gonna Getcha" in a continuation of his weekly costume party. He wore a long, black wig, glasses with oversized eyes, a Led Zeppelin T-shirt, a star-shaped badge and a rather interesting necklace.

The "sheriff" said he was going to Tampa to investigate the disappearance of "Southeast Jerome," one of Portis' other characters who met an untimely death several weeks ago.

The running back said he's received letters of support for his weekly shenanigans.

"Just from the letters I've received recently from older people and people telling me their grandparents look forward to Thursday to see who I'm going to be," he said. "I think it cheers up some people. Some might be offended. You can't please everybody. For the people who like it, I'm going to continue doing it. For those who don't like it, don't watch my press conferences on Thursdays."
http://www.nbc4.com/news/5302369/detail.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #2
touttail
All Pro

Gawd, he looks like a big ole queen instead of a top notch NFL RB!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think it's pretty funny. The guy is trying to have a little fun.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think it's pretty funny. The guy is trying to have a little fun.
Either he is having a little fun, of he is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL lol.
Old 11-13-2005   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Personally I think that his "Jerome from DC" character is better than "Sheriff Gonna Getcha".
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read