Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2005   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 259047 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
I still think the whole Boselli thing was a bunch of bull. The Jag were in cap hell and couldn't have kept these players anyway. No deal needed to be cut. Pass on Boselli and I'll bet Walker and Payne would still have been made available.
It's been hashed over numerous times on radio and in print. Walker OR Payne + Boselli would most likely still have been available.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #22
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Howie Long(The best DTackle ever)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Please pass me some of what you are smokin'
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #23
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Good coaches would recognize that putting Riley back in the lineup is about the worst move ever. We should be wondering what Pendry is smoking...

Last edited by Texans Horror; 11-11-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk no wonder your a Carr fan . Howie Long was a DE ... sorry .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #25
sulli60
Rookie

I still can't figure out why Howie Long is in the Hall of Fame. My only guess is because of his media connections. Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls at QB for the Raiders and his time is running out to get in.
sulli60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #26
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
It's been hashed over numerous times on radio and in print. Walker OR Payne + Boselli would most likely still have been available.

Exactly, Right.
It does not matter that Boselli was tossed into the trade. It was a bad deal. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I can't see making a trade with a team in your own division that bails them out of cap trouble. Also why would we trade up with Tennesse to get Babin. Even if he works out we should not be giving extra picks to teams in our own division. I don't think that the Cowboys would ever trade up with either Washington or Philly.
Old 11-11-2005   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianJag
Thanks. That's more than enough justification for your comments.

I also can't argue with any of bckey's comments. The deal did help us get out of cap hell much more quickly than we could've dreamed, though we hated losing all 3 of those guys. And there's little doubt we would have been required to cut some big name players at the end of that year, but I don't know whom that would've been.

I don't believe either front office knew that Boselli was done at that time. I think they both just knew it was a gamble.
My pleasure. I'm glad you asked the question, actually, because it made me wonder if the deal was media perception or an actual agreement between the teams (memory is foggy). So now we both know.

With regards to bckey's comments; Good points, but I guess we'll never know if the Jaguars were bluffing or not. It's the whole "hindsight is 20/20" routine, easy to second guess after the fact.

Although one of our more knowledgable radio sports talk hosts (Charlie Pallilo) has made comments that the Texans "knew" that Jacksonville would "definitely" pull either Payne or Walker if Boselli wasn't taken. Again, that information falls under speculation at this point. But I could see it happening just because of the division rival and all.
Old 11-11-2005   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I don't see it.

I think Jimmy Johnson likes getting his ego stroked by being mentioned as a big bucks prospect, but I can't imagine him doing it. He has a cush life, so why would he want to be sleeping on the couch again? Better to throw spit balls from the sidelines and be regarded as retired genius.

The only way I could see him do it is if there was a pile of money thrown at him and he really wants to do an ultimate screw you to Jerry Jones.

I don't know. Most of the names thrown around are:

1. Implausible or

2. Not an improvement

3. Implausible AND not an improvement.

Whoever it is, it is going to probably involve a wheelbarrow of cash we are going to overpay for FA and staff until we get a team together that seems like it is going to work.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #29
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
The only way I could see him do it is if there was a pile of money thrown at him and he really wants to do an ultimate screw you to Jerry Jones.
This would work for me. Love the Cowboys, don't care for Jerry. I think we play them next season. Would be nice to beat them again and be up on them 2-0. Preseason doesn't count

:rockets: :astros:
Old 11-12-2005   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

GM/HC JJ
DC - Butch Davis
OC - Norv Turner
Old 11-13-2005   #31
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy Johnson's ego is inflated enough, don't you think? Stop feeding it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #32
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Talent, not coaching?

...... Makes me think....

Maybe Johnson would rather have the GM job and not the coaching job.

cac:........
Old 11-13-2005   #33
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
...... Makes me think....

Maybe Johnson would rather have the GM job and not the coaching job.

cac:........
IMO, that is the ONLY spot that would get JJ's attention. I doubt he is interested in the mental & physical grind of being a head coach in the NFL at this point in his life. Wave enough cash in front of JJ and I THINK he might make the move for a GM spot though. However, he is kind of like a rock star on the FOX show and that feeds his ego big time. Not a lot of work, probably good money and he is in the public eye all the time. So, having said all of that, I think it will take a pretty seriouse amount of cash to pry him loose.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #34
12Gage
Rookie

Does Herman Edward's contract end after this season?
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #35
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
Does Herman Edward's contract end after this season?
why, he is not a very good, nor agressive coach.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #36
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Now YTF you usually bring a decent amount of meat. Herm Edwards is definately one of the top coaches in this league. He and Jeff Fisher do more with less talent than any other coach in this league. Plus He plays to win the game and that is something many Texans fans want.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #37
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Case in point: Barry Switzer "coached" the Cowboys to a SB victory.

Right but just like Martz Taking Vermiels Rams to the Superbowl,Switzer Did the Same with Johnsons Cowboys.
Old 11-14-2005   #38
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Howie Long was giving JJ a hard time yesterday morning on the pre-show when talking about whether or not Capers should stay. Again, JJ restated that in his opinion, the Texans have a lack of talent and need a new GM, not necessarily a new coach.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #39
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Hmmm.... now, with that little re-iteration in mind.....

What if scenario of JJ as GM and Capers stays? How would that fly? The only thing with that is, Capers-style football still happening of playing it close.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #40
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

John Mcclain just said on 610 that JJ will not come to the Texans. The reason that JJ trashes Casserly is because JJ is buddies with Norv Turner. Norv and Casserly do not like each other.

Anyone see how uncomfortable Bob Allen made Casserly last night on his show? Casserly kept calling Bob Allen as "Coach Allen"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read