Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2005   #1
ojthecat
Veteran

Default I am going to boycott until we have a new coach

I have had enough. Until we have a new coach I will not spend one more dime on Texans memoriblia and I will not buy any thing else at the stadium. I have had it. We have wasted 3 1/2 years and are going nowhere. I dont care if we give 110% the rest of the season and if we win the turnover battle and if our guys don't quit.

Mr. McNair you need to open up your wallet and do whatever it takes to get Jimmy to come out of retirement.

We shouldn't have through another 5 year plan and Mr. McNair needs to make a statement. Fire Capers now and put Pendry in as interm coach. Start shopping now for a new HC.

Why should we wait until the end of the year to fire Capers.
We have waited long enough.
Old 11-09-2005   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Okay... you do that. Oh by the way, would you happen to be a season ticket holder?? If you are, I know that you wont want to go to the games until they get a new coach either. And since sitting their knowing that you have season tickets is so very tempting, I personally offer to guard them for you as long as it takes. Its a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Old 11-09-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Unfortunately I think this season is basically over. Interim coach wouldn't really accomplish anything. Just go try and hire Art Shell. He isn't busy with anything right now as far as I know, and he'll put an emphasis on the O/D Lines and build from there. Atleast he would have the rest of the season to evaluate the current team and decide who gets voted off the island.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll never understand fans that can't be tolerant of a dissapointing year. Every team has them. Why should we be an exception?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Because, this team doesn't even seem to gameplan for the win anymore. It's all about losing by as little as possible, and if the football gods smile on us against a terrible team, maybe we'll get thrown a win here and there.

It's just frustrating to see such a lack of progress. Not to mention we seem to have the same problems every season so far.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me as one who in a weird perverse way is actually enjoying this season. You can't enjoy the good times without going through the bad times first.

Our day is coming. I plan on bieng here when it happens. And I plan on bieng here until it happens.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39806 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'll never understand fans that can't be tolerant of a dissapointing year. Every team has them. Why should we be an exception?
Reference: 2005 Astros. Took huge offseason losses, so we don't expect them to repeat last year's success. As a "part-time" [read: bandwagon] fan, I wasn't angry with the Astros for starting off rough, because it was expected of them.

The 2005 Texans. They were expected to improve on last year's success. As a "true-to-heart" [read: bandwagon] fan, I am angry with the Texans for starting off rough, because it wasn't expected of them.

As such, we are not an exception. We're just the bad type of bad team.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2005   #8
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Tolerant of a dissapointing year? That is an understatment.
So how does not think that Capers will be fired?

First I am still going to go the games I am just not going to spend any more money supporting the Franchise. I bought PSL's and I will still root for the Texans I just won't vote for them with any more of my money. I will renew my tickets for next year I would just like for Mr. McNair to send everyone a message that he will not tollerate the performances that we have seen. I am sick and tired of us game planning to stay close and maybe win one at the end. Yes that was fine the first 2 years but as fans we deserve better. I am can handle a disapointing year but what I have seen this year is beyond dissapointment. Several players have just mailed it in. The blame has to fall on the coaching staff. We all know that Capers is gone at the end of the year so why prolong our agony. I remeber when Bud put in Fischer as interem coach with the Oilers that has worked out pretty well. As fans we have spent a ton of money supporting the team and with the state of affairs it appears to me that the franchise is just going to right this year off and start again next year.
Old 11-09-2005   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
I have had enough. Until we have a new coach I will not spend one more dime on Texans memoriblia and I will not buy any thing else at the stadium. I have had it. We have wasted 3 1/2 years and are going nowhere. I dont care if we give 110% the rest of the season and if we win the turnover battle and if our guys don't quit.

Mr. McNair you need to open up your wallet and do whatever it takes to get Jimmy to come out of retirement.

We shouldn't have through another 5 year plan and Mr. McNair needs to make a statement. Fire Capers now and put Pendry in as interm coach. Start shopping now for a new HC.

I think your tactics stink, but....

Since you plan to boycott for awhile, do you want to sell some of your memorabilia you have now? I am always looking for new and cool things to add to the Texans room here at my house. I am hoping a few more of you want to sell out so I can stock up at a reasonable cost.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm as disappointed as anyone but heck; the Chargers fell from 8-8 to 4-12 then back to 12-4. It's not about "deserving better". This is one tough league and sometimes things just don't come together like you plan. You guys can boycott the team or whatever...I'll enjoy some real NFL football here in Houston although I'm all crapped out on winning anything this year. It's a bummer but I'll get over it. I'm sure they hate losing as much as I do. I don't "deserve" anything else but a team that can spot a problem and work on fixing it...and I think they will do it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #11
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Atleast he would have the rest of the season to evaluate the current team and decide who gets voted off the island.
Hey, that would be a great reality show and maybe they could use the profits to get a few free agents.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90074 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I know one thing. You people that are freaking out over this losing season are NFL virgins, and never followed an NFL team before.

If you were around when the Oilers were here, or were a fan of them at one time, you'd take this season with a grain of salt.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #13
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
I think this exceeds "a disappointing year." In fact, when carefully studied, it's closer to "a disappointing 4 years," though many were content (in the name of patience and good will) with the pablum served up from the first. The truth is that this has been a terrible mockery of a team from day one. Carr has never shown anything like the talent he is supposed to have. The coaching and preparation was routinely bad. The selections and FA acquisitions were spotty at best. This is clearer now than it was a year or two ago, but I maintain that it was clear even then.

All that said, McNair has the opportunity now to do something dramatic and smart. Will he? I haven't the slightest idea, but it is at least possible.

I, too, would fire Capers and as many of the lame & halt we have on our coaching staff right now. It will make no difference to the team or season, but it will set a strong precedent that McNair intends to do better and NOT TO TOLERATE the kind of c**p we've been getting for the first 4 years from the players, the coaches, the GM, the whole lot.

It's 4 years into the franchise and these yokels could not carry the Oilers' jocks. It's embarrassing.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #14
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:

Dont let the door hit you on the way out!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does this mean you'll stop posting here too ?

Quote:
Thank you. Most teams won't have winning seasons and all teams suffer from hitting rock bottom now and then, it's how the league works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
Reference: 2005 Astros. Took huge offseason losses, so we don't expect them to repeat last year's success. As a "part-time" [read: bandwagon] fan, I wasn't angry with the Astros for starting off rough, because it was expected of them.

The 2005 Texans. They were expected to improve on last year's success. As a "true-to-heart" [read: bandwagon] fan, I am angry with the Texans for starting off rough, because it wasn't expected of them.
I'm sorry but that's complete nonsense. I'm getting real tierd when people complain about a team (ANY team) not reaching that persons own SUBJECTIVE expectations. Instead of complaining that a team is not delivering what I wanted them to deliver, spend a bit more time analyzing the situation and attempt to locate possible (and remember that there are no absolute answers for this question) solutions so that a team perhaps one day can reach your expectations.

Thank you.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

We have football. I am happy.
Old 11-10-2005   #17
cred
Rookie

To me it is not the losing that hurts, it is the way we are losing. All of our losses have been by a touchdown or more, so the theory of keeping it close just isn't working. The head office has known from the start that the o-line sucks and have not done anything about it, legitimatly, and if you talk about Pace this past offseason, that was a joke. And to make it worse, with free agency in the offseason, we still have to win some games just to entice some decent free agents to shop with us in the offseason. To me this season is a bust. I still watch the games, but honestly I am already looking forward to the draft to acquiring that franchise O-lineman that we have needed from the start, weather it is a tackle, center, or guard. I say all three because to be honest I don't know if they will leave C. Pitts at tackle or guard, but everyone else sucks! I just hope C. Casserly doesn't screw it up by trading all over the draft board like he is known for, that is "if" he is still here at that time. This not meant to be so negative, just had to vent some frustration, sorry.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll never understand fans that can't be tolerant of a dissapointing year.
Some people go through "it" in stages or on a continuum. Anger .. frustration .. resignation .. tolerance .. apathy. Hopefully "it" never gets as far as apathy, or resignation/tolerance for more than one season - that's not good for business.

I'm not into boycotts but I do understand that not everyone deals with home team failure the same way. But I will make an exception and boycott this thread if it turns into yet another "I'm a real fan and you're not" crap slinging debate.

Firing Capers before Week 17 and putting Pendry in there does nothing. It would have the same net effect as replacing Ed Biles with Chuck Studley ('83 Oilers for the youngsters). Our future coach, whether it's Herm, Jeff, or Gary won't be able to talk until after the season anyway. And if JJ is interested in becoming a GM, I'm sure those discussions are already occurring.

Last edited by aj.; 11-10-2005 at 07:35 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #19
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

i kinda try to look at the bigger picture.
see how this season shakes out then wait to see what changes are made.
it ought to be an interesting offseason with potential coaching changes and new draft picks, plus any free agents we can get.
i know this season is over, but the offseason sure won't be dull!
(i hope)
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #20
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39806 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry but that's complete nonsense. I'm getting real tierd when people complain about a team (ANY team) not reaching that persons own SUBJECTIVE expectations. Instead of complaining that a team is not delivering what I wanted them to deliver, spend a bit more time analyzing the situation and attempt to locate possible (and remember that there are no absolute answers for this question) solutions so that a team perhaps one day can reach your expectations.
I apologize VERY much, and recognize the need to suggest if I complain.

Here are my suggestions:

1) Get an oline. [shoots a dead horse]
2) Get a TE who can block AND catch AND not get injured for three years straight. [shoots dead horse again]
3) Based on the results following 1 & 2, the following options are one or the other: A) Fire Capers or b) Bench Carr. [shoots dead horse two more times, then runs from animal activists]

What's wrong with my suggestions? Oh, it's only the fact that everyone else makes the same 'suggestions', so I feel there's no need to add my two cents if my two cents had been made by the thousands of other Texans fans.

On a final note, they weren't subjective expectations. Pre-05 Texans were always one play away from winning most games they lost. The expectations were realistic. Or at least, until that stinker vs. Cleveland last year.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read