Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-09-2005   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Super Bowl prediction

I am betting on Manning Bowl I

Colts Vs. Giants..

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont sleep on Denver and Carolina. The Kats showed alot with their absolute whoopin of my Bucs. If it is the Manning bowl I refuse to ever watch another football game again.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I'm predicting that the Colts will romp the Broncos for the third straight year, whether it be in the second round or AFC championship game depending on the seedings or beating Pittsburgh if they are the unfortunate team that steps in the way. If Denver and Pitt meet first I take Denver.

I'm going to say Atlanta or Carolina out of the NFC, I don't think the Giants are quite good or experienced enough yet to beat either of them. Either way I pick the Colts to win the Super Bowl over either of these NFC teams, but I'll give an updated prediction later in the year when the seedings are more apparent.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts vs. Falcons

I think it could be Mannings/Colts year. The Patriots are suffering, and the Steelers probably won't get homefield advantage with the games they've already lost. If Indy has homefield, they'll be able to play their game, and as good as they've become on defense, I think they'll pull it out.

The NFC is a little more wide open. I could easily pick the Panthers instead of the Falcons. But I think Vick will be the deciding factor, carrying the team on his back. Of course the NFL East all has above .500 records, but I think they'll beat each other up and limp into the postseason. The Redskins seem like a paper tiger, the Eagles will hurt without TO, the Giants still have a year or so to go (Manning doesn't have his road games down yet), and the Cowboys...well, I just refuse to even enterain that notion ( ).
Old 11-09-2005   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill take Giants and Chargers.

Think of the Publicity.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Here's how I see it playing out.

The Colts face off at home against the Bengals for the AFC Championship. Indy wins and heads to the SB.

The Falcons face off with the *surprise pick here* Chicago Bears for the NFC Championship. Falcons go to the SB.

Indy tramples the Falcons in the SB.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Peyton may get his wish this year.

Indy and.....hmm...at this time I would say the Panthers.
Carolina was very under the radar until "cheerleadergate".
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2005   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It's a HUGE longshot at this point, but I was really hoping for a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl this year. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady versus Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe... there are so many story lines with that it's almost too perfect. I realize there's not a lot of love for Dallas down in your neck of the woods, so forgive me for saying it. The Pats should still make the playoffs since the AFC East is such a mess, but who knows what'll happen with the Cowboys.

Of course, Manning vs. Manning would be interesting... but I agree with BigBull... I think I'd be throwing up by the first Thursday.

What I really think, though, is that we're going to see a Pittsburgh-Carolina matchup, with the Steelers coming out on top. Even if they don't get homefield, they've won more than 10 straight games on the road.
Old 11-11-2005   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts vs Seahawks!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts and Cowboys
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Colts and Cowboys
I agree with this one, but would really like to see Pitt vs Cowboys, now that would be a super bowl game...
Old 11-11-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitt VS. Atlanta
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #13
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats
It's a HUGE longshot at this point, but I was really hoping for a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl this year. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady versus Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe... there are so many story lines with that it's almost too perfect. I realize there's not a lot of love for Dallas down in your neck of the woods, so forgive me for saying it. The Pats should still make the playoffs since the AFC East is such a mess, but who knows what'll happen with the Cowboys.

EXACTLY
my prediction this off-season. Look at the storylines:

Team of the 90s vs. Team of the 2000s
America's Team vs. America's Team
Master Parcells vs. Apprentice Belichik
The young hot shot Brady (stole Bledsoe's job after Drew got injured) vs. Drew Bledsoe (looking for revenge)

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #14
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!

EXACTLY

The young hot shot Brady (stole Bledsoe's job after Drew got injured) vs. Drew Bledsoe (looking for revenge)
Yeah, exactly! Can you imagine the hype? And for once it'd be real hype, not two weeks of crap about TO's ankle!

We can still dream man. Who knows?
Old 11-12-2005   #15
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:

EXACTLY

That would make a good storyline for sure, but don't see it happening...

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans and Cowboys aren't in the game I won't even watch. And neither team will be.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts-Seahawks

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #18
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats
Yeah, exactly! Can you imagine the hype? And for once it'd be real hype, not two weeks of crap about TO's ankle!

We can still dream man. Who knows?

I know man! I can see it happening! The Pats are a clutch team, they'll be dangerous in the postseason, even if they are a wildcard.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Carolina vs Colts in a classic. For the first time ever there will be a co mvp from two different teams - Freeney and Peppers.
Old 11-16-2005   #20
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
I know man! I can see it happening! The Pats are a clutch team, they'll be dangerous in the postseason, even if they are a wildcard.
It was nice to see Seymour and Bruschi on the field at the same time on Sunday. That's the first time all season we've had both those guys in the lineup. Granted it was the Dolphins, but it was a good win and hopefully they'll turn this thing around!

Awesome game for the 'Boys Monday. That was fun.

Good luck!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read