Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2005   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nice little piece on Wells

H-Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sfront/3448328

""Before the year is over, he'll even block a punt. He is a football player. I wouldn't be surprised if someday he's at linebacker." Marciano

hm... try him at free safety ?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #2
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

i didn't think much of wells at first, but over the last couple of years he has won me over with his attitude, desire and heart.
i wish more players were like him
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like he is a great #2 back. When DD is out, I have no problem having wells step in. He seems to always get the job done.

I mean, was that a great stretch over the goal line or what?!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Wells as our #2 also. We really wasted our 3rd round pick this year on Morency. Some OL names available when we selected Morency:

Richie Incognito C
Evan Mathis G
Adam Snyder G
Dan Buenning G
Chris Colmer T
Trai Essex T
Ray Willis T
and plenty more went later.

If we hadn't traded for P-Burnt Marcus Johnson and Khalif Barnes were available in the 2nd when we would have picked. This current coaching staff has squandered way too many oportunities to build an OL. Last year we traded for Babin and we could have had Jake Grove C with our 2nd round pick without moving up and kept our picks. The Titans picked Jacob Bell in the 5th round.

Better DBs were available in the offseason than PBurnt and less was given for them. LBs too.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im a fan of Wells, they always had something positive to say about him during the off season, pre season and during the season. He works his butt off which is why I saw the draft of Morency as a total waste pick because with DD as the main guy, Wells able to fill in and fit into that "punish them" role like the Bus and Hollings for the change of pace, faster guy, I thought we had a decent backfield to survive.

Good guy, hope he gets some playing time and gets more cred with the fans.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #6
College Texan
Veteran

I hope Wells eventually earnes a starting role as a fullback. I would like him to split time 60-40 with Davis. And I hope we keep him long enough for another team to see how good he is and if he is never given the job here I hope he earns it with a good team, anybody but the Jags or 'boys.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Im a fan of Wells, they always had something positive to say about him during the off season, pre season and during the season. He works his butt off which is why I saw the draft of Morency as a total waste pick because with DD as the main guy, Wells able to fill in and fit into that "punish them" role like the Bus and Hollings for the change of pace, faster guy, I thought we had a decent backfield to survive.

Good guy, hope he gets some playing time and gets more cred with the fans.
Were it not for the Morency pick, we would have Hollings as our 3rd HB. Now, do we really want that ?
Imagine us having the same problems at HB as Green Bay has had. They're currently using their 4th and 5th HB due to injuries.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2005   #8
tex
Veteran

It took Wells 4 years to start playing better maybe Hollings will do the same.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I was really pretty excited to hear in the preseason that Wells might be getting more time at FB, in the mold of an Alstott-type player. Wells has good hands out of the backfield, has gotten over his dancing issue, and has shown he can carry the rock. He's also a better pass protector than DD is, IMO. Why this hasn't happened, I don't know.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I personally think that Wells is a more of a complete back that DD. As much as I like DD, I think Wells is a better blocker, he can shrug LBs and DLs a little better. He is more of a bruiser, which I think is a better fit for our running game. I like DD, and I think he is good, I just prefer a bruiser like Wells.
Hmm ... complete, maybe. I don't know. Wells seems to be a better blocker, for sure. Their receving skills may be comparable, though we certainly have a larger sample size with DD. As for the bruiser thing, I can go either way. To me, I don't care what kind of build a guy has, or how big he is, or whether he's a speedster or bruiser or something in between. All I care about is results. DD reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. He's not the biggest and not the fastest, but he has running back qualities like vision and instinct. He also has good enough power to break through many tackles and is agile enough to avoid big hits. I think DD could be great if he were behind a better O-line. As is, he's doing pretty well.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #11
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
It took Wells 4 years to start playing better maybe Hollings will do the same.
You all seem to forget that this year, The Oline is in zone blocking better and with that, Wells is doing better. Before, he didnt have holes to hit, so we couldnt see what he can do. Now, he is getting better and has area to run.
Old 11-10-2005   #12
rafterticket
Veteran

Wells is one of those guys that you know is doing his best every time he is in the game.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read