Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-09-2005   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MOCK YOU II: an interesting Mock that STILL may not happen

1. Houston Texans – D’Brickashaw Ferguson LT
2. Max Jean-Gilles OG or Davin Joseph OG
3. Elvis Dumervil, DE or Greg Threat, SS

In mid to late december I will start work on my full 3 rounder.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

I know nothing of Greg Threat, someone please tell me about him.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
I know nothing of Greg Threat, someone please tell me about him.
Playmaking SS from the U. Still fairly raw, but projects very well to the NFL. He is not as big a hitter as Dwayne Slay though, but will go a few rounds higher.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Greg Threat definitely has a cooler name than Dwayne Slay
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan

I dont know, watch some footage of slay and then you might think his name is cooler. Watch the Tech vs. Kansas or Kansas State. He prety much murdered the QB and a WR.
Old 11-09-2005   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
How is Threat cooler than Slay?--threat to do what, slay someone? Seems like that is already covered.
Old 11-09-2005   #7
TexansCanes
All Pro

you pronounce it thr-EET like the word eat, so my vote for cool name goes to slay. he is the type of player that you can count on to not mess up but not really make the big play. he doesn't start this year but last year lead miami in tackles.
Old 11-09-2005   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is everybody projecting Dumerville in the 3rd round? He's leading the NCAA in sacks. That is a second round pedigree at least.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the coolest name to date is CB Quintin Jammer. He is a CB, and CB's jam people. I like it.

Slay is a good one.

What are some others?

I like Law, Lynch, Gamble.....
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always been partial to "Chip Glass" he was a WR. Some parents shouldn't be allowed to name their kids.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #11
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

How about Capers...as in another caper(s)is foiled again, and hopefully that will ring true in Casserly's eyes unless of course like the rest of the Texans fans they are closed because they can't stand to watch.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #12
College Texan
Veteran

WIth our two thirds we should take Threat and Slay, that would kave us set in the secondary. It will be Dunta, SLay, C.C. Brown and we'll move coleman back to corner. Threat will be developed to play in C.C.'s spot
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i'd personally like to see us draft slay and start him at FS...Slay is a darn good safty and unlike coleman knows how to tackle
Old 11-10-2005   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by College Texan
WIth our two thirds we should take Threat and Slay, that would kave us set in the secondary. It will be Dunta, SLay, C.C. Brown and we'll move coleman back to corner. Threat will be developed to play in C.C.'s spot
bad idea. colmen has lost a few steps, and has lost his desire to play. he would probally be one of the top 5 worst CB's in the league. He is pretty much done. He showed that last year and is continuing to show it this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read