Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2005   #21
SicilianJag
Rookie

You guys really need to stop being so nice to each other. I swear, if a titan fan comes in and starts kissin' butt, it'll get to be like a Carolina Cheerleader orgy over here.

Just kidding. No trolling here. It's good to see some good sportsmanship again. Just have to wonder what the discussion would be like if the texans were playing a little better.

To stir the pot a little: I will note that Andre Johnson and Gary Walker do make a significant difference. I guess the real question is whether the texan Oline slow down the colt rush? It may be that Freeney/Mathis grant some texan fans' wish that Ragone come in.
SicilianJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #22
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Mathis is the one I'm really worried about. Pitts should be able to hold his own (with guard help) throughout most of the game. But the right side is getting weaker and weaker. On the plus side, at least this way Carr will see the sack coming...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #23
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

It says Jerome Mathis is questionable.:brickwall
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #24
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

We might have dodged a bullet, then, but I'm afraid the cannon's going to take us out, boys.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 11-11-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #25
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Mathis is the one I'm really worried about. Pitts should be able to hold his own (with guard help) throughout most of the game. But the right side is getting weaker and weaker. On the plus side, at least this way Carr will see the sack coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
It says Jerome Mathis is questionable.:brickwall
Jerome Mathis is our Mathis. I think Oso's worried about their Robert Mathis, the DE who will go up against Wade.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #26
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Jerome Mathis is our Mathis. I think Oso's worried about their Robert Mathis, the DE who will go up against Wade.
I knew that. But it sucks if our Mathis is out.
Old 11-10-2005   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I knew that. But it sucks if our Mathis is out.
Oh. Sorry.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2005   #28
ManningColts
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69
you guys are the best team in the leauge and y'all will destroy the worst team in the leauge ........... congratulations !!

its cool of you not to be a butthole about it though .

i just dont see much hope this weekend for the Texans , then again there is this slight hopeful feeling deep down inside that tells me we will upset and break the undefeated record !
Don't ever not believe in, 'Any Given Sunday'. We just might not execute very well and you may have your way with us.....Who Knows?
Anyway, I have always liked the Texans and I hope when we're in our rebuilding years you guys are at the top. Last thing I ever want to see is the Jags and Titans getting back up there. Good luck the rest of the season and I hope you beat jax this time.
ManningColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #29
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManningColts
Don't ever not believe in, 'Any Given Sunday'. We just might not execute very well and you may have your way with us.....Who Knows?
Anyway, I have always liked the Texans and I hope when we're in our rebuilding years you guys are at the top. Last thing I ever want to see is the Jags and Titans getting back up there. Good luck the rest of the season and I hope you beat jax this time.
Right, any given Sunday, except for this coming Sunday...:brickwall
Old 11-11-2005   #30
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the line? I heard 17 1/2 to start. That is a lot of points.

If the Colts play "thier" game and we play the way we have been playing, it may not be enough points.

Colts fans are some of the classiest in the league. I think it is because we are a lot alike. The Colts lost thier team and got one back, had some really lean years and have had trouble getting past a certain team (Patriots) for the ring. Out of all our rivals, I would pull for the Colts to win it all.
Old 11-11-2005   #31
Hoosier
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Colts fans are some of the classiest in the league.

Wow, thanks for that. I know I've always felt that way but I didn't know other fans did too!

hoosier
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #32
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Oh. Sorry.
Thats cool.
Old 11-11-2005   #33
KYColtsFan
Rookie

i thought you guys might actually get us when we played in Houston. 14-14 at the half. you played us better than the Patriots did.

i'm a big supporter of Carr and Dom Davis, but i'm hopin' they have a horrible game this sunday.

p.s. y'all have some crazy smilies. the shower one tops everything.
KYColtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #34
rmartin65
I'm Score

Im actually gonna get to watch this game, the 2nd one of the year!!
Old 11-11-2005   #35
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think the X factor in this game is that I'm certain David watched Fresno State and Pinnegar beat Boise State. Now if we can do that may be the Texans can beat Indy. Then if the Texans can beat Indy, then may be that will encourage Pinnegar and company to beat SC next weekend. Boy, that would be big time in this town. Gooooooo TEXXXXANS.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #36
ColtsTank19K
waterboy

This is Eric...just checkin in...good luck sunday
ColtsTank19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #37
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall Awhile back when we were arguing on which division we wanted to be in after expasion, I wrote we might as well be in with the Colts instead of the Steelers so we could at least be entertained while we were geting our *****sets kicked. I'm very happy for the Colts run. I hate that we will be one of the infamous sixteen. I like Dungy a lot. He mastered the last two drafts to put you guys in this position. Hopefully next year we can give you guys a better match up. Enjoy the run Colts fans. We're going for the upset tomorrow. Knever Know. That's why they play the games.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #38
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

The Texans really have nothing to lose this weekend. No one expects them to win and if they do, then wow.

Go Texans!!
I too was thinking about not keeping score, but what a win would mean to this team!!!!!!!!!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #39
coltsrock
Rookie

Hey, all!

Checking back in! Hoping for a great, clean, INJURY FREE game!

We Colts fans sure know how you all down there feel! The Colts were down for so long! But I will say it is incredible what a difference a good owner (son Jim Irasy seems to be the nut that fell far from the tree), GM, and coach can make! And a little luck never hurts (picking first when Manning came out). We went through so many bad years. It sure feels good now. I was lucky enough to get drawn for season tix when the Colts came to town in '84. Unfortunately, I had to let go of them when the kids went to college.

Hang in there, all. I think the Texans are actually a better team than their record shows. I know they always play us tough, at least there in Houston. (Tomorrow may be a different story, though.) I thought you had an 8-8 team this year. I think the Texans' problems all start up front, with both the O and D lines. With a high draft pick this year, it may be good to trade down for more picks and get a couple. The Texans' time will come!

Again, here's to a great game, and NO INJURIES!
coltsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans could pull out a win tomorrow, it would probably be the second biggest game in franchise history (behind the first win over Dallas, of course).

I'm always hopeful of it happening, but I'm not holding my breath for a win.

I just want to see a good, competitive game. If our boys can come out of the gate swinging and forcing big plays to our favor, anything is possible.

Good luck!....Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read