Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2005   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

4 wins is possible, with limited injuries.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #22
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

2 wins are probable. 4 wins? A possible maybe with any luck, a few key injuries to the opposing teams and our key players stay healthy. Unless the coaching staff is overcome with the flu and we have to find temporary coaching replacements - then we could win 4. We could have a few folks on this board coach and it would probably be a vast improvement over what we have now.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #23
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm gonna stick w/ my "Any Given Sunday" cliche. They'll probably finish w/ season 2's record of 5-11. W/ wins coming from the Jags, Titans, 49ers, & Cardinals.
Old 11-09-2005   #24
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel sorry for the browns if we don't win another game this season.....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #25
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The only game I see the Texans being in at the end of the year when Arizona comes here. Could you imagine the mindset of the Texans players when the last game rolls around and they have to fly to the west coast with say a 2-13 or 1-14 record. What would they have to prove at this point? Beating a bad team on the road. These guys will already have their vacations planned and flights booked to various destinations. The only question is will the vacation start early. I believe they will mail that one game in. I geuss I have watched some Oiler teams at the end of the year and they weren't always pretty.

That said David Carr wants a real man gaurding his back side when passing. I don't think in the grand scheme of things a win against SF is going to get in his way of getting a franchise LT. He was supposed to have Boselli, then Pitts, then Wand, now Pitts again.
Old 11-10-2005   #26
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I completely agree with you. I remember how well we played the Browns in the final game of last season. San Fran will still be trying to prove something, but the way the coaches and players are reacting to each other now, I can't believe they won't already be in post-season mode.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #27
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
He was supposed to have Boselli, then Pitts, then Wand, now Pitts again.
By watching Pitts over the last three games, he has held his own with everyone, including Freeney, which suprised me alot. It takes some of these lineman a few years to get adjusted from the college game to the pros. I think he will suprise and do a pretty good job the rest of the season. If he kicks his tail kicked by dwight freeney on sunday, I will be the first guy back on this post to say I was wrong. Lets wait and see.......
Old 11-10-2005   #28
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
By watching Pitts over the last three games, he has held his own with everyone, including Freeney, which suprised me alot. It takes some of these lineman a few years to get adjusted from the college game to the pros. I think he will suprise and do a pretty good job the rest of the season. If he kicks his tail kicked by dwight freeney on sunday, I will be the first guy back on this post to say I was wrong. Lets wait and see.......
Personally, I think the OL is coming togeather more and more.
And next year, they will be even better, especially with a stud at running back like Reggie Bush. I think he will take the heat off the power rush up the middle and left side and this will once again open up the offense.

Also consider the possibilty that we have 2 top 2nd round draft picks that could be packaged togeather to move up high in the 1st round that would allow us to have Bush and a stud at LT... or another top WR to compliment AJ.
Old 11-10-2005   #29
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
And next year, they will be even better, especially with a stud at running back like Reggie Bush. I think he will take the heat off the power rush up the middle and left side and this will once again open up the offense.

Also consider the possibilty that we have 2 top 2nd round draft picks that could be packaged togeather to move up high in the 1st round that would allow us to have Bush and a stud at LT... or another top WR to compliment AJ.
The Texans line is eternally coming together, and always a "next season" line. In the meantime, Carr is getting killed and we can't score more than two touchdowns cause the line can't block. I don't think anything but new coaching and new linemen will change that.
Old 11-10-2005   #30
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While that is true (pre-injuries) compared to the beginning of this year when we were on pace to record well over 100 sacks (far too many of which were unquestionably the fault of the o-line), I don't think the o-line has yet approached even the level they were last year. We run for fewer yards, we pass for fewer yards, we give up more sacks, etc. While not every offensive problem is the line's fault, they aren't better than last year either.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #31
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
The Texans line is eternally coming together, and always a "next season" line. In the meantime, Carr is getting killed and we can't score more than two touchdowns cause the line can't block. I don't think anything but new coaching and new linemen will change that.
When Pitts is in there, it gives DC more time, but he seems to be scared back there and makes some quick decisions that are wrong instead of trusting his line more. But, I dont blame Carr for looking like crap lately, I would too if i was sacked 5,000 times. If he gives a little trust to Pitts, I think he can get more comfortable from his blind side and make something happen for the rest of the season.

Winning is possible here. And Yes, I like Kool-aid.
Old 11-10-2005   #32
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
While that is true (pre-injuries) compared to the beginning of this year when we were on pace to record well over 100 sacks (far too many of which were unquestionably the fault of the o-line), I don't think the o-line has yet approached even the level they were last year. We run for fewer yards, we pass for fewer yards, we give up more sacks, etc. While not every offensive problem is the line's fault, they aren't better than last year either.
You do know that we have alot of injuries, heck, we only had 5 OL in the second half of the last game, and most of those guys are 2nd string on any other team.
Old 11-10-2005   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Winning is possible here. And Yes, I like Kool-aid.
Anything is possible, but many things are not probable.

For instance, it is possible that the Texans go 9-7, clinch a wildcard spot through other teams losing, win three playoff games and end up in the Superbowl. This is a possible scenario.

However, it is highly improbable.

Old 11-10-2005   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do know that we have alot of injuries, heck, we only had 5 OL in the second half of the last game, and most of those guys are 2nd string on any other team.

Yes I do know that - that is what the "pre-injuries" parenthetical statement was supposed to indicate. I was therefore comparing our progress up until the injuries took over. In other words, I wasn't even considering anything past the point of Hodgdon going down, just the previous games before that.

Weigert and to a lesser extenet Wade also suffered injuries last year. Weigert missed a few games.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And next year, they will be even better, especially with a stud at running back like Reggie Bush.......
....who will be playing for someone else since the Houston Texans will be trading down from their #1 overall draft spot to select a dominating LT in the first round.

Bet you a dollar that Reggie Bush doesn't come to Houston unless we play his new team in 2006.
Old 11-10-2005   #36
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

BTW - I say go with a LT because it is an upgrade of the line. I really don't think we need to upgrade the LT position. We need a good center. Whether we draft or trade or free agent it, I think that is the weak position that can be patched this offseason.
Old 11-10-2005   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Call me cynical, but I think if there's any advantage whatsoever to being as bad as we are, the Texans will find a way to remove that advantage. I see us going 4-12 or 5-11 and drafting just far enough down that we miss out on all the truly stellar prospects.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #38
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
BTW - I say go with a LT because it is an upgrade of the line. I really don't think we need to upgrade the LT position. We need a good center. Whether we draft or trade or free agent it, I think that is the weak position that can be patched this offseason.
A center can be found in FA. Good LT's are hoarded by teams. I think we draft a LT and move Pitts to either RT or LG. Depending on what we do with Wade.

Anyway the last four games I will watch and see.
Old 11-11-2005   #39
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
A center can be found in FA. Good LT's are hoarded by teams. I think we draft a LT and move Pitts to either RT or LG. Depending on what we do with Wade.

Anyway the last four games I will watch and see.
So let's say we draft a LT, keep Pitts at Guard, and free-agent a Center. That still leaves us with a pretty weak right side. I've been pondering the idea of moving Wand to RT, Wade at RG.
Old 11-11-2005   #40
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
So let's say we draft a LT, keep Pitts at Guard, and free-agent a Center. That still leaves us with a pretty weak right side. I've been pondering the idea of moving Wand to RT, Wade at RG.
I prefer to keep Pitts at LT next year, draft a OT and put him at RT till he adjust to the NFL, and also draft a Guard, then play with that.
Whether we win the last four or not, I think there is sufficient enough talent at the OL position in this coming draft to build with.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read