Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2005   #1
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Default Last 4 games.....wins or loses?

After watching this team against Tenn, Jax, and the Browns, is there any reason why we can't pull out 4 wins to end the season? I actually think this is possible. Any thoughts?
Old 11-08-2005   #2
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

I think we will pull out 2 of the 4 last games. SF and Arizona arethe ones I pick us winning and losing to Tennesee and the Jags again.
Old 11-08-2005   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ending the season with four straight wins could possibly give the Capers regime new life, hence I cannot hope for this to happen. It is possible but I think it highly unlikely. The Texans can lose all four just as easily as they can win them.
Old 11-08-2005   #4
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Here are some ways this can become possible:

1. get Mathis back on the field.
2. Keep Pitts at LT, no matter what.
3. Keep fighting on the sidelines, when that stops, the season is over.
4. get Dre the ball, it worked against Jax.
5. Last, those teams aren't really that much better than we are anyways.
Old 11-08-2005   #5
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Ending the season with four straight wins could possibly give the Capers regime new life, hence I cannot hope for this to happen.
You are not a true fan if you want them to lose, you should be ashamed of yourself. I am not in complete compliance with what Dom does, but if he can start winning, maybe he has found out what works here, just maybe. But, don't you dare suggest they should lose, are you really a jacksonville fan?
Old 11-08-2005   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I see us beating Arizona and San Fran for sure, and St. Louis, Baltimore, and Tennessee are definitely winnable, and then Kansas City and Jacksonville could happen but those will be tough, and I don't see us beating the Colts this weekend. I expect 5-11 by the end of the year, possibly 6-10.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I think 3 wins is attainable (SF, 'zona) everything else is just gravy.....

.... dang that's pathetic.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2005   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

6-10. They get to play a lot of overrated NFC teams, so I don't think all hope is lost. They could win their last four, but I have a feeling it won't be that way. They will get lucky against St. Louis or KC. They have other good chances at Balty and the Windy Bears. Hosting the Jags, they will take them. Tenn they will take. But they won't beat Arizona and San Fran. They might beat one of them, but not both. The Texans won't be up for it. Remember how the last season ended?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
I am not in complete compliance with what Dom does, but if he can start winning, maybe he has found out what works here, just maybe.
Capers appears to have used the first 2 months of the regular season as
an extension of pre-season. He is supposed to have "found out what works"
and had that up and running when we met Buffalo in the season opener
back at the begging of Sept, not sometime in Nov. He needs to be out of
here and we need to be drafting as much talent as possible next April. If
the cost of achieving those goals is the worst record in the NFL this year,
I say so be it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Unless we win the last eight games and have our first playoff victory this year, Capers is gone. There is too much dissention in the ranks. But next year (cause there's always next year), we will get a coach who is gonna pull a Parcells and take us to the playoffs. (That prediction might be a little too early.)
Old 11-08-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are not a true fan if you want them to lose, you should be ashamed of yourself. I am not in complete compliance with what Dom does, but if he can start winning, maybe he has found out what works here, just maybe. But, don't you dare suggest they should lose, are you really a jacksonville fan?
1. You have no idea what kind of fan I am so your definition of what makes a "true fan" doesn't concern me.

2. It's probably as relevant as your definition of Dom "finding out what works" if he can start winning at the end of the year. I already know that is hogwash because if you think that beating four lousy (but nicely scheduled) teams at the end of the year means we turned some kind of corner then you have no idea what you're looking at. Being able to beat 3-4 win teams (and only 3-4 win teams) isn't my idea of a franchise going in the right direction. Hopefully it's not Bob McNair's idea of one either. Clues are over there in the box marked "clues". Go get one.

3. I'm not suggesting that they should lose or that they intentionally lose. I'm saying that if four wins against terrible opponents means Dom Capers coaches us in 2006 then those wins are counterproductive in the grand scheme of things. If the Texans do manage to beat those four teams then I would hope that Bob McNair would be bright enough to see them for what they were and still do the right thing and send Capers packing. Somewhere there's a defensive coordinator position that needs him.

4. Jacksonville fan? That's not even worthy of a reply.
Old 11-08-2005   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the guy has over 2000 post's. he must care a little bit.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Wins gain this organization nothing at this point, all respect has been lost. It's time to see what the rookies and backups are made of. We need to root for teams like the Jets and Pack and all of the other teams that are almost as cruddy as Houston's Expansion Franchise. Nothing less than a new management team and the first selection in next year's draft is acceptable.

2006 will be the year!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #14
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well I am a die hard Texan fan and I want us to lose every game this season. The more we lose this year, the better we will be next year with draft picks and a Caper'less team.... So don't get down on us true blue fans that still want us to lose so we can gain...
Old 11-08-2005   #15
profan
Veteran

Big wow, four wins when your already out of playoff contention. This does not not get me real fired up. These will be some real exciting games when we play arizona, 49er's, etc.. None of these games will really matter except for draft position. Year 4 we should be playing meaningful games in december. I will cheer for them and hope they win every game as always, but the fact is this fan is really down.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 1-7 right now, so flip it and we're 2-14.

But the team has been playing better the past couple of games, so we might be able to pull 2-3 more wins out of the hat.

5-11 team is still sad, especially since we've improved the first three years. But it's better than 0-16, I suppose.
Old 11-09-2005   #17
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
the guy has over 2000 post's. he must care a little bit.
Just because I don't spend all my freaking time on here, doesn't mean i don't know what Im talking about, and that someone who is always on here is always right. I am a huge President Bush fan, even though I don't believe everything he does or says is right. This franchise started off on the wrong foot. Losing our first pick in the expansion draft killed us. We had all these older(experienced) players on the team when we started and now they are slowing down and moving on. So, they got younger and are starting to build something here, so if this so called offesive line can make a little something happen, maybe they can head in the right direction. By the way, just because I have like 4 post doesn't mean I have no clue what Im talking about, because I have alot of things I think are messed up with this team.
Old 11-09-2005   #18
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
After watching this team against Tenn, Jax, and the Browns, is there any reason why we can't pull out 4 wins to end the season? I actually think this is possible. Any thoughts?
By the way, the question wasn't "Is everybody rooting against the Texans to win?", it was "can we win the last 4 games we play?"

I don't care who you are, and you need to take a serious look in the mirror, if you think something good comes out of losing games, if that is the case, you don't even get why people compete.

And yes, you are not a Texans fan if you hope the Texans lose, because fans of a team never root for another team to beat ours.
Old 11-09-2005   #19
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

It's "wins or losses." Not loses or looses.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 11-09-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2005   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Just because I don't spend all my freaking time on here, doesn't mean i don't know what Im talking about, and that someone who is always on here is always right. I am a huge President Bush fan, even though I don't believe everything he does or says is right. This franchise started off on the wrong foot. Losing our first pick in the expansion draft killed us. We had all these older(experienced) players on the team when we started and now they are slowing down and moving on. So, they got younger and are starting to build something here, so if this so called offesive line can make a little something happen, maybe they can head in the right direction. By the way, just because I have like 4 post doesn't mean I have no clue what Im talking about, because I have alot of things I think are messed up with this team.
True. 2,000 posts just means that I've been here a long time. Jerry Jones could sign up today, step into the draft forum and post a comment but would that mean that I know more than he does because he only had 1 post? Well, ok in that case yes, I'd say that it probably would be what it meant but really, who doesn't know more than Jerry Jones about football? The point still stands.

I don't spend all of my freakin time on here though. I just post a lot when I am in here. That and I'd also like to point out that I'm still a good 1,000 posts behind most of the other mods.

I think that the Texans could win the last four games. I would simply hope that Bob McNair was smart enough to see what the circumstances were when the offseason got here and decision making time about the current staff came.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read