Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2005   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys or Texans or Both?

Just curious here, being that the Texans are having a sub-par year and the Cowboys contending in the NFC, where does everybody's allegiances lie? I myself have been an avid Houston pro football fan since birth, swearing off anything associated with the Cowboys. How about you guys/gals?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #2
LBblitz
Veteran

growing up my dad was and still is a cowboys fan as well as my step dad so when they are not playing the texans I usually will pull for them. usually...

I am however a complete houston fan regardless of the sport no matter how good or bad they are in a particular season.
Old 11-08-2005   #3
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Did not like Dallas when they were 1-15, did not like them when they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and don't like them now.
Old 11-08-2005   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Who are these cowboys u speak of?
I didn't know Texas had another football team......
Old 11-08-2005   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBearkat
Did not like Dallas when they were 1-15, did not like them when they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and don't like them now.
Well Said!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005   #6
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBearkat
Loved Dallas when they were 1-15, loved Dallas when they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and STILL love Dallas now.

Love my Texans 1-15 or 15-1
No Bandwagoneer here!
Old 11-08-2005   #7
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

I was a Cowboy fan as a kid until the Tyler Rose came to Houston, then became an Oiler fan, still liked the Cowboys until they fired Landry, since then I could care less about the Cowboys..Texan fan all the way and I root for the Saints in the NFC
Old 11-08-2005   #8
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Loved Dallas when they were 1-15, loved Dallas when they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and STILL love Dallas now.

Love my Texans 1-15 or 15-1
No Bandwagoneer here!
Well nflnutswife, at least we are both consistent in regards to the cowboys, lol
Old 11-08-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I lived in Dallas for most of my adult life...had season tickets to the Cowboys going way back to Staubach all the way to Aikman so I've been a longtime Cowboys fan.

I've never lived in Houston but liked the Oilers and now I like the Texans as well. I'm not a troll not a bandwagon fan (whatever that is...every person has a different definition for that term it seems).

I doubt I'll ever spend another cent on pro football live..too rich for my blood....but it's my favorite sport.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #10
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Terry,
I think I made that name up (bandwagoneer) lets see, "band wagonier" no, "band wagoner" not sure, I'm just not that person that jumps from the "bandwagon" in tough times! how's that? LOL
Old 11-08-2005   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

1. Houston Texans
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Minnesota Vikings
31. Dallas Cowboys
32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Any other questions?
Old 11-08-2005   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

I quit watching pro-football when the Oilers left ( pro-football in the same sentence with the Oilers?) .

I began watching again when the Texans arrived. (Texans and pro-football in the same...ah...I digress)

So I guess the answer to the question is..... I would not watch Dallas if they were the only team left.

In that scenario, who would they play?

However I must admit to checking the scores and rejoicing at each dallas defeat.

cac:
Old 11-08-2005   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather eat glass than root for the cowpies.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
1. Houston Texans
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Minnesota Vikings
31. Dallas Cowboys
32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Any other questions?
Yeah, how bad has this season sucked for you?

Cowboys...then Texans.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Both

I've been a Cowboys fan since the beginning. I still remember the Ice Bowl as though it were yesterday. I remember the life and times of Dandy Don, Craig Morton, ROGER STAUBACH, TROY AIKMAN, the bad decisions of a talent named Dwayne Thomas, the firing of our beloved Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson's season's, Barry Switzer's championship, the maturity of Michael Irving, etc. Oh, how I love my Cowboys--through sunshine and storms.

I also really liked the Oilers, the Luv U Blue days, Billy Whiteshoes, George Blanda, Earl Campbell, Dan Pastorini, Kenny Stabler, Warren Moon, Buddy Ryan, Bum Phillips.

When a new franchise was merely a dream for Houston, I was optimistic and believed that the team would be here sooner rather than later. Voted for the stadium initiative, and welcomed the new team with much love. I enjoy my PSL and the games I can attend on most Sunday's as well as the wonderful people I have met to help root for the fabulous Texans.

I look forward to a bright future for the Texans and hopefully Superbowls are in the near future for both of my teams.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #16
profan
Veteran

can't get fire up with the cowboys, will always prefer the texans, i bet every week on nfl games, take the cowboys opponent every game and i take the texans every game. Has not been a real good year, but the texans finally beat the line the past two games.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Terry,
I think I made that name up (bandwagoneer) lets see, "band wagonier" no, "band wagoner" not sure, I'm just not that person that jumps from the "bandwagon" in tough times! how's that? LOL

Ha! Don't worry about it. People have so many definitions for the term "bandwagon" that I've quit trying to figure out what they mean. I like the teams I like and that's just the way it is. To each his own.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I've been a Cowboy and an Oilers fan since I was a little kid. I still support the Cowboys much like I support the Texans - maybe not as much as I support the Texans, but still got love for the Cowboys.

I'm hoping to see both teams in a Superbowl against each other for a TX showdown, some day.
Old 11-09-2005   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
...(one team) sub-par ... and (the other) contending
What does that have to do with allegiances?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
What does that have to do with allegiances?
I'me not saying everybody, but some fans, when the going gets rough, tend to jump on board the winning teams bandwagon. I've caught hell just about every monday from cowboy fans where I work, but I'me sticking with the Texans!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read