Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2005   #1
TexansR#1
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexansR#1 Send a message via Yahoo to TexansR#1
Default Anybody Worried Our Good Talent We Do Have May Leave?

Do yall think the talent we do have will ask for a trade becuase they dont want to be on a losing team anymore?
TexansR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansR#1
Do yall think the talent we do have will ask for a trade becuase they dont want to be on a losing team anymore?
No because in the NFL it is so hard to trade a high profile players due to the salary cap and besides this year this team was going in the right direction.

If the higher ups on the organization stay with what they said 4 years ago about the 4 - 5 year plan then Capers will be fired and will have new coachs next year and a new start.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

They said it was a 5 year plan. Not a 4 year plan. Not a 4-5 year plan. They said it was a 5 year plan from the very beginning.

And I hate to bring absolutely shocking unbearably bad news to the "Fire Capers" club, but . . . (make sure you're sitting down now, OK?) . . .

. . . next year is year 5.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
They said it was a 5 year plan. Not a 4 year plan. Not a 4-5 year plan. They said it was a 5 year plan from the very beginning.

And I hate to bring absolutely shocking unbearably bad news to the "Fire Capers" club, but . . . (make sure you're sitting down now, OK?) . . .

haha, spilled my coffee again, damn you!
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
haha, spilled my coffee again, damn you!
. .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

But wait! As was previously stated somewhere on this board - year 1 was the year pre-play when Capers was coach, but just getting ready or whatever he was doing - doesn't that count? It works for me!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Capers is gone. I am not part of the fire Capers or Casserly club, but due to the product put out on the field they will be let go. Casserly might be able to save his job, but not likely. I would not be suprised if Capers and his staff are gone and Casserly hangs on for two more years.

The only high profile trade that I can think of right now will be T.O. getting shipped to some desperate team. Maybe us.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The trading period is over and we won't pursue TO in any case. Bob McNair has already stated he doesn't want Men with poor character.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Vinny dont get me wrong I dont want him, but as said by Jaws on ESPN. He will land with a desperate team, it just so happens that we are one of the deperate teams this year. Everyone knows the trading period ends Week 6 big man.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

T.O. can't be traded until the offseason. They could release him but it looks like Philadelphia is going to pay him not to suit up after his 4 game suspension. Just like K. Johnson was treated with Tampa. If for some reason they do release him I am guessing he would get picked up by Green Bay or Miami. I hope the Texans wouldn't even consider him.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #11
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'm more worried that we have good talent sitting on the bench. Would anyone like to have Marlon McCree back right now? He only beat Thomas Davis out and is easily playing better than Coleman or Brown.
Old 11-08-2005   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

When you take a quantum leap backwards, timelines tend to lose years.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I'm more worried that we have good talent sitting on the bench. Would anyone like to have Marlon McCree back right now? He only beat Thomas Davis out and is easily playing better than Coleman or Brown.
I never understood letting McCree go. He made some mistakes, but he played with fire--something sorely lacking at the FS position for the Texans.
Old 11-08-2005   #14
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default yes......

Who cares the good talent we have right now arent good enough anyways, the only good talent that i can see on this team are Dunta Robinson, and Andre Johnson, the defensive line has shown some life over the last 2 games, besides that the team stinks, The line backing core needs to be replaced, the secondary (with the exception of Robinson) needs to be over hauled, there safetys can't tackle, there offensive line---well we all know the problem there, so ya that sums it up....
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not think we all 22 starters could start on half of the other NFL teams. However, I do think we are beginning to see some serviceable back ups or package type guys which will translate into solid depth next year.

With a speculative change in the staff/front office it wil be interesting to see what type of free agency drag we will see from the new regime.
Old 11-08-2005   #16
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if the few talented players we have stick around during their free agency period if the team doesn't make any changes or begins to improve. Doesn't matter if it's year 4, 5 or 10...
SteelBlueToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I never understood letting McCree go. He made some mistakes, but he played with fire--something sorely lacking at the FS position for the Texans.
Just another in a long line of players we had under our nose and didn't evaluate well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking I ask because we care....

Quote:

. . . next year is year 5
Who, exactly, is "they"?

I've asked Jeeves, searched on Google, and read countless stories from media types that perpetuate this mythical "5 year plan".

But, finding the words "5 year plan" from the mouths of Capers or Casserly has been elusive, at best.

See, year 5 doesn't magically just *happen*. Years 1-4 have a direct influence on what happens in year 5. Players, attitudes, personel decisions, salary cap management, etc., all effect the potential of the next year. I'm sure you already know these things.

Football teams do not operate in a vacuum. So I ask, what do you see on this 1-7 team - the Team That Dom Built - that directly leads to a WINNING season next year?

8-8 next year is NOT good enough to fulfill the 5 year plan destiny! We were almost a .500 team last year!

No magic dust, no voodoo rituals, no amount of positive fan karma....I'm asking what will it take for the rest of this season into next, to go from 1-7 to 9-7 (or better) next year?
Old 11-08-2005   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only players I would be really concerned with as far as wanting to leave are AJ, DRob, and maybe DD. But if a player wants to jump ship because of a couple of bad seasons instead of wanting to stay and build on the talented youth we DO have, I'm not sure if I would want them around anyway. I can understand with being frustrated with the last couple of seasons, but I am not too fond of just giving up.
Old 11-08-2005   #20
HeartofHouston
Veteran

that's why i respect players like , LT who no matter what he team goes thru you never hear anything about he wanting to be traded or anything like that.. That's a REAL gladiator right there..
HeartofHouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read