Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2005   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Thanks for the analysis, Inf. Things like this continue to convince me that Carr could be a good QB behind a better O-line.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #22
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Easier to throw on the move too if going right.
Actually I would disagree unless your left handed or the receiver is in front of you or on the right hand side of the field.

Something of note on rolling out is how handedness plays a part. Try it out for yourself and see sometime. It's much easier to throw with your momentum than across your body. Just might be another reason why Carr doesnt throw much on the run to the right as he would have to throw across his body while running and try to square his shoulders up on the receiver for the throw to be accurate. That almost means you have to stop moving and get yoru feet planted to throw correctly and thus could put you in trouble of a sack since your slowing to throw. The natural tendancy IMO would be to tuck and run to the right and throw if rolling left [being a right handed person] It would be a much easier throw on a roll left as your momentum and body position would help give arm strength and accuracy to the ball when thrown to the left side of the field.
Old 11-08-2005   #23
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
Actually I would disagree unless your left handed or the receiver is in front of you or on the right hand side of the field.

Something of note on rolling out is how handedness plays a part. Try it out for yourself and see sometime. It's much easier to throw with your momentum than across your body. Just might be another reason why Carr doesnt throw much on the run to the right as he would have to throw across his body while running and try to square his shoulders up on the receiver for the throw to be accurate. That almost means you have to stop moving and get yoru feet planted to throw correctly and thus could put you in trouble of a sack since your slowing to throw. The natural tendancy IMO would be to tuck and run to the right and throw if rolling left [being a right handed person] It would be a much easier throw on a roll left as your momentum and body position would help give arm strength and accuracy to the ball when thrown to the left side of the field.
It is easier for a right-handed QB to throw when he is rolling to his right, especially if he is trying to throw towards that sideline. If he is trying to turn and throw back across the field it would make it more difficult, but it is still easier than throwing while rolling left.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #24
JaxonVillain
Rookie

I'm not a Texans fan, but that was probably one of the best posts I have ever read. Do you always break it down that way for every game? If I had a DVR, I'd love to try and do something like that for the Jaguars. Good luck the rest of the way!
Old 11-08-2005   #25
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Something I meant to mention and forgot. In what seems like a classic case of pig-headedness, the use of TE support was particularly perplexing IMO:

Pre-Hodg and Washington going down, i.e. Pitts at LT--when the Texans had a single TE, he lined up 1 time on the left and 6 times on the right.

Post Pitts at LT, i.e. Wand at LT--the Texans lined up single a single TE 1 time on the left and 11 times on the right.

Now I understand that may have been your game plan going in because it is more conventional and Wade needs more help than Pitts, but once Wand was in the game and struggling stick Bruener over on Wand to help--it isn't like that would reduce the zero receptions or attempts to TE's in the game anyway. As an aside, Capers said Bruener would have been the next guy to go in to play tackle.

As another observation on TE support for the tackles, having Rivers in is worse than no TE at all. When he is in, the tackle alters their blocking scheme and then has to recover once Rivers gets beat. Rivers should not be asked to do more than chip and release.
that just helps to convince me that our coaches cant think on the go. if its not in the game plan then they get confussed.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #26
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr looked pretty good watching a second time. DC and AJ may have found their groove, they looked in snych on the last drive.

I had forgotten about the holding call on Payne which negated the fumble recovery. That one hurt.
Old 11-08-2005   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 58129 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Excellent point; I saw that too. In addition, in both the Seahawks game and the Colts game the tight end lined up next to Pitts frequently and was used for double teaming the DE. I'm hoping that the coaches hadn't schemed for that last game and didn't want to throw that adjustment in along with all of the other changes.

I'm sure with Indy coming up next week they will be using Bruener again to help on Freeney, which should help Wand out while he is knocking the rust off.
Upon further review, I'm going to correct myself.

In the Seahawks game, Bruener helped double the end with Pitts a lot; as infantrycak said Rivers was worse than no help at all.

In the Colts game McKinney and/or the RB usually helped double and even triple team Freeney. They didn't use the tight end near as much.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read