Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2005   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Berman: A Texan?

Is the second-most* annoying guy in ESPN a Texans fan? I remember seeing him depressed in that GB last year and did not show highlights, he just showed someone giving away kids books or something. And, I never recall him dissing the Texans when everyone else was.

*smoothastheothersideofdapillow scott
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

As an elder statesman for ESPN, maybe he just has a little more class.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
As an elder statesman for ESPN, maybe he just has a little more class.
Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin' Berman?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

heh-heh, I actually like Berman. A little over the top, but I don't think NFL Primetime would be what it is without his personality.

Maybe he's just a fan of underdogs. Without a winning season in franchise history, there is no doubt the the Texans are the NFL's underdog.
Old 11-07-2005   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin' Berman?
Sure, he can entertain you without going for the cheap, easy laugh of kicking a team while it's down. That can be defined as a classy, in a sports world kind of way.
Old 11-07-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Berman has always been fond of Dom Capers. Dom's one of the NFL's all time good guys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"Berman has always been fond of Dom Capers. Dom's one of the NFL's all time good guys." -- vinny

-----------------------------

Yeah, and a glass of warm milk and some cookies on a rainy Sunday afternoon make me all fuzzy on the inside, too...but come on.

Dom being a class guy was great for the first couple years of our team's existence. It set the tone for us in terms of the Texans being a "class" organization. But when the professor starts coming to class in his underwear and eats the goldfish out of the class aquarium...it's time to move on.

I would hire the crew from The Longest Yard right now.

(...which is pathetic to think I'd sell my soul for a consistently contending team, huh?)
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2005   #8
kenneth24
Veteran

cmon the longest yard wasn't even consistently funny -- at least with Dom coaching the Texans the message board is!!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing at all wrong with class and being good people. I admire good people myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Class without results is a "good feeling," but point me to where anybody ever won anything by being grandfatherly without the skills to win?

John Wooden comes to mind, but that guy is just in a completely other world than the rest of the poeple on this earth. Closest thing to the balance of class and raw, killer instinct.

I agree that class is important. I just think Dommy's got too much class and not enough shark in him.

Then again, you look at Del Rio and it's the opposite (IMO). What a contrast.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #11
THEFUTURE
All Pro

where in anyones post did anyone say that being a good guy should come with winning or anything of that nature.. the point was that Berman isnt rippin on Houston, because he respects Dom. Football at the end of the day is still just a game, whether Dom is a good coach or not, he is still a stand up human being
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #12
outofhnd
All Pro

Wait Berman #2 most annoying? Dude... when he does that lil curly "whoop" sound with every little juke move... I just want someone to hit him in the face with a aluminum bat. He has to be the most annoying hands down..

With Kenny Mayne's retarded I think im funny but make no sense sketch comedy skits coming in at #2..

But He has to exhibit class because he is the senior NFL Analyst not to mention he sets everyone else up to bash the teams.. He never pick sides in anything he always poses the questions.
Old 11-08-2005   #13
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

How can you hate kenny mayne? Did you never watch his long interviews on sports center? When he tried out for a ball boy at the us open was the funniest report ive ever seen.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #14
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Class without results is a "good feeling," but point me to where anybody ever won anything by being grandfatherly without the skills to win?

John Wooden comes to mind, but that guy is just in a completely other world than the rest of the poeple on this earth. Closest thing to the balance of class and raw, killer instinct.

I agree that class is important. I just think Dommy's got too much class and not enough shark in him.

Then again, you look at Del Rio and it's the opposite (IMO). What a contrast.
Bobby Bowden wins many games and he is "grandfatherly". It can be done, but it is rare.
Old 11-08-2005   #15
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

berman and kenny are my favorite guys. kenny has a different type of humor only certain people can admire i guess. i like bermans highlights and the fact that he does follow teams and is sincere when he isnt doing highlights. i would believe berman over "mr. im a steak"

and its "as cool as the other side of the pillow" - stu is pretty annoying to me. and his eye just trips me out.
Old 11-08-2005   #16
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Bobby Bowden wins many games and he is "grandfatherly". It can be done, but it is rare.
Joe Pa at Penn State has done it for years.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #17
metalmike
Veteran

Quite Frankly Stephen A. Smith is the most annoying human on the face of this earth.
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike
Quite Frankly Stephen A. Smith is the most annoying human on the face of this earth.
Be quiet, Clone. Jim Rome has Smith beaten by a mile.
Old 11-08-2005   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

John Madden has them ALL beat by miles. But Smith is more annoying than Rome.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike
Dick Vitale's got to be in the running, and he's not trying to be annoying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read