Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2005   #21
SESupergenius

Most of Carrs throws have been only 1 or 2 option plays. We do not run an offense that uses 5 recievers of any type. We just don't run a West-Coast style offense. It's options are very limited. For the most part they are boot legs with only 2 options or they are 10 yard sideline throws. We did see a few waggles by Johnson with the long crossing route, but for the most part we have cut back the time to pass to less than 3 seconds.
Old 11-07-2005   #22
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Worry about Leftwich.....

Leftwich 19/25 218-yds 1-td 0-ints

Carr 22/30 219-yds 1-td 0-ints

Looks very similar to me.

Leftwich really had great potential, but now.................

I'll agree on one thing he is shellshocked. So is Fred Taylor, the NFL's equivalent of the NBA's Grant Hill. Great potential but cannot stay healthy.
Fred Taylor shellshocked? he had 160+ last week. How did DD do yesterday? how about last week versus the FREAKING BROWNS?

looks very similar to you? how many fumbles did Carr have yesterday? I'll tell you: THREE. How many did Leftwich have? hmmm.... I can't remember, why don't you tell me. didn't include that stat, did you? what about the stat for taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away?

Right now, this very instant, Leftwich is the better QB. never mind the fact that Carr is 1 year his senior or anything, right?

The difference between Leftwich and Carr is that while both men went into the lockerroom at halftime to analyze their performances, only one of them came out in the 2nd half and made the adjustments necessary to lead his team to victory. Which QB went 11/11 for 165 yards and a PERFECT QB rating in the 2nd half?

I did not come to this board to bash, see my other posts. I came to give props and talk legitimate football talk. you want to get into this who's better crap, though, I'll gladly take you to school. How's that 5 Year plan coming?
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #23
SESupergenius

That's just it, Carr had to start a few grades below Leftwhich and still does very well. When going head to head, how does Carr and Leftwhich compare?
Old 11-07-2005   #24
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
That's just it, Carr had to start a few grades below Leftwhich and still does very well. When going head to head, how does Carr and Leftwhich compare?
a football game is not played 1 on 1, but I believe carr leads 2 to 1, but there was a forth game played together where leftwich left early, i think while the game was tied or something.
Old 11-07-2005   #25
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
That's just it, Carr had to start a few grades below Leftwhich and still does very well.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain?
Old 11-07-2005   #26
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain?
Both QB's did not start out on an equal basis. Honestly, do you think Leftwhich would be better than Carr if he were on the Texans. Would Carr be better than Leftwhich if he were on the Jags?

It is a team game so keep it at that.
Old 11-07-2005   #27
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Both QB's did not start out on an equal basis. Honestly, do you think Leftwhich would be better than Carr if he were on the Texans. Would Carr be better than Leftwhich if he were on the Jags?

It is a team game so keep it at that.
Ok, I understand now. Yes, I agree with you, Carr would thrive in just about any other place, while Leftwich would be nowhere near where he is now if he was in Houston. Sorry, just my opinion
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2005   #28
SESupergenius

We are what we are. 1-7, it's the worst record in the league, the worst team in the league.

It is what it is, there are no excuses.
Old 11-07-2005   #29
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand why Carr can't remember to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack and risking a fumble, as he did yesterday. I can't believe you said Carr did the right thing by taking a sack to keep the clock running.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #30
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Leftwich was terrible in the first half(he couldn't have hit the ocean from the beach). He did better in the 2nd half . Carr still has(not had) potential. Don't come over here saying he had potential. He still does. I was pointing out they had similar statistics for the game.

He does make terrible decisions and on that 1 sack right before the half I wanted him to throw it away but he took the sack for a minimal loss and kept the clock going. If he throws it away it would have stopped the clock and given the Jags more time to work with for the 2 minute drill. So I thought he made the right decision. He doesn't make the best decisions in the NFL but if he could spend more time to concentrate on the game and not run for his life, his decisions just might get better.

Maybe shellshocked was the wrong term maybe M*A*S*H unit.Face it Taylor is injury prone. Davis is also but he is a 4th round draft pick not a 1st rounder like Taylor was and Davis is really a situational back.

Leftwich was terrible in the 1st half? he was 8/14, while david Carr was 9/14. so was David Carr TERRIBLE too or do you want to retract that statement? Leftwich did "better" in the 2nd half? he was PERFECT! that is much more than "better" give credit where credit is due, I have with you guys throughout my posts. As far as Carr's potentional, I said he HAD potential because he does not have nearly the potential that he had before, and he will NEVER realize the full potential he once had. I'm sure Carr and his fans wish they could turn back time, but they can't, and that's a fact. As far as your analysis of the sack right before the end of the half, I respect your opinion, but you CANNOT watch that play and tell me that Carr did that on purpose to keep the clock running. He was running for his live, and slid down before he had his head taken off. It was not him thinking smart, it was him not getting killed.

Fred Taylor:

MASH unit? Hardly. last year, Fred did not start week 15, ending his 46 game start streak, THIRD LONGEST AMONG ACTIVE RUNNING BACKS AT THE TIME.
http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=25935

pretty much debunks your MASH theory. Davis is a situational back? Nada. how do I know more about your team than you do? DD was DRAFTED to be a third down back, but pick up any cage-liner in Houston and you'll see the sportswriters DROOLING over Davis's evolution into an everydown back. If he's a situational back, why does he have the majority of carries for your team? look up the defination of situational back please.

so lets see....
proved you wrong about Leftwich being "horrible" and "couldn't hit the ocean from the beach" b/c he hit just 1 less pass in the half than david did. so either they both "couldn't hit the ocean from the beach" or you're just wrong.

Fred taylor: proved you wrong again, 46 consectutive starts for 3rd longest among active backs? Taylor played in more consectutive games than DD has been in the league. yep, sounds like a mash unit to me. Injury prone? not since you guys failed the 1st time at "Support your NFL Franchise 101"

DD situational back? negative. every down back for you guys, thats why he has the majority of the carries, right?

Last edited by kevinjagsfan; 11-07-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2005   #31
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
0/3 Brando, sorry, schooled again.
Man, quit patting yourself on the back. It just about obliterates the rest of your discourse even when you make good points.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #32
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Man, quit patting yourself on the back. It just about obliterates the rest of your discourse even when you make good points.
meh, whatever. If he's gonna take shots at things that he obviously has no clue about (FT's start streak, BL being off target even though he was about atthe same comp % as Carr 1st half) then I think it can be said. To each his own, I guess. The point of my post still gets through, and like you said, I make good points, so whatever. I see where you are coming from though, and I understand. I will remove it.
Old 11-07-2005   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
meh, whatever. If he's gonna take shots at things that he obviously has no clue about (FT's start streak, BL being off target even though he was about atthe same comp % as Carr 1st half) then I think it can be said. To each his own, I guess. The point of my post still gets through, and like you said, I make good points, so whatever. I see where you are coming from though, and I understand. I will remove it.
Cool. I was trying to be constructive, I'm not a big flamer. That just takes down the board.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #34
kenneth24
Veteran

Well, Davis will be a situational back when Bush gets here! (can't believe I'm saying that!)
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #35
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

One of the top 2 picks could be VERY helpful to the texans. They're going to be very valuable, and you could trade down and get some serious O-Line help. with a solid O-Line, I can really see this team rebounding quickly.
Old 11-07-2005   #36
kenneth24
Veteran

From all the reports there should be alot of good O lineman in the draft this year. The Texans O line was actually playing decently last week and the first half this week til Hodgdon got hurt and the Texans had to revert to one of the trial lines that started the season and we all know how thats gone. If Hodgdon can get back in there, the rest of the guys are in better spots for their abilities and Carr is not always running for his life. Problem is no depth for when someone does get hurt now.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...it's a damn shame. He really had great potential, but now.......
And if a WR makes a play on the ball, Carr may have beaten the Jags...again.

BTW, great job by your OC in the 2nd half.
Old 11-07-2005   #38
Evans Fan
Rookie

Not bad but andre has to come on more than he has
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #39
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

True about the WR. it really was a tough break, but you know, it goes your way sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Parity a guess.

Thanks about the OC. if only we can call plays like that for 60 minutes. we may have to if Fred can't go tomorrow. What about the texan's injuries? I remember that one of your ST'ers went down close to the NEZ where I sit, and he was down for a while, they started to bring the stretcher out from the tunnel. After that, I saw 2 other players getting carted to the locker room from the sidelines, and I think that there may have been 1 other injury timeout. any word yet? JDR is pretty tight lipped with us, we really don't know until the injury report comes out wednesday.
Old 11-07-2005   #40
Evans Fan
Rookie

Jags will have to be a better than they are if they want a shot at the postseason granted buffalo will have to have a miricale to make it in to the post season but willis moulds and Holcomb can make it happen
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read