Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #1
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bench or trade DD

I say we bench or trade DD, whenever he is in the game we have no passing game. I also noticed this last year. When DD is in the game Carr looks for aj and dumpes the ball off to DD. We are better off without DD.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you remember the pre-DomDavis running game?
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not Doms fault the coaches center an offense around a middle of the road back who has limited game breaking skills.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #4
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

We don't need Domanick Davis?

First ask this:

Are you out of your mind?
Old 11-06-2005   #5
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not Doms fault the coaches center an offense around a middle of the road back who has limited game breaking skills.
so is it their fault the coaches center their offense on an around the middle of the road QB who has limited game breaking skills, like Carr?

I'm with you BP1, obviously when DD isn't in the game the Texans open up the offense and passing game to score more points. Heck even Wells plays better. Obviously the entire offensive problem is DD. He needs to sit down more often so the Texans can play a better more competitive ballgame.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Who am I blaming? I didn't see me blaming anyone for anything in this thread except the coaches.

Old 11-06-2005   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1
I say we bench or trade DD, whenever he is in the game we have no passing game. I also noticed this last year. When DD is in the game Carr looks for aj and dumpes the ball off to DD. We are better off without DD.
this is without doubt the dumbest thread i have ever seen in my life, all i can hope for is that you forgot to press the little "sarcasm" icon. i dont think i eve need to respond to this garbage, i just couldnt help myself.
while we are at it, why not realease james form the colts becasue he is limiting mannig's touches???? :brickwall
Old 11-06-2005   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
would you consider LaDannian Tomlinson to be an elite back?
Im gonna go on a limb and assume you say yes... yet you call DD a middle of the road back, please explain how DD had almsot the same number of total yds from scrimage as LT did last year?
Just becasue DD doesnt run a 4.3 40 doesnt mean he is not a gamebreaker, nor does it mean he is an average running back. how does everyone else fail to realize his talent, esspecially when he is running behind the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL?:brickwall
by the way, how fast was emmit smith?
Old 11-06-2005   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
so is it their fault the coaches center their offense on an around the middle of the road QB who has limited game breaking skills, like Carr?

I'm with you BP1, obviously when DD isn't in the game the Texans open up the offense and passing game to score more points. Heck even Wells plays better. Obviously the entire offensive problem is DD. He needs to sit down more often so the Texans can play a better more competitive ballgame.
The Texans scored pretty much on their average for the season today.
Old 11-06-2005   #10
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who am I blaming? I didn't see me blaming anyone for anything in this thread except the coaches.
not sure who your reply was too, but if it was mine, then all I did was ask a simple question regarding our QB and coaching decisions and your opinion on it. I didn't use the word blame, you did.

as for the thread, come on guys can't you see the light. This was by far David Carr's best game this year, no DD to fall back on. Obviously DD is a crutch to Carr's learning and playing better. It is as obvious as the nose on your face. Trade DD or sit him down and make Carr play well every game. The offense opened up, the WR's hands improved, the Kicking game was good, the entire game was competitive. OBVIOUSLY when DD isn't playing the Texan bring their 'A game'. Sit him down and play Wells, he played his best game to date, IMHO, even. The whole team seems to be more focused and playing better without him.

Sit DD or trade him so the Texan's can get better.
Old 11-06-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:

OK, if you guys say so.

Old 11-06-2005   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
The Texans scored pretty much on their average for the season today.
see even more proof of how DD really isn't a solution to the Texans game. We played and scored the same amount of points without him. And, IMHO, we played a better game overall.
Old 11-06-2005   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

and we can sit aj to. that way carr doesnt key on him and spreads the ball around more. d##n, we would be awsome. no one would no what we were gonna do.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
see even more proof of how DD really isn't a solution to the Texans game. We played and scored the same amount of points without him. And, IMHO, we played a better game overall.
You are the one who said MORE...I love how people forgot from one post to the next what they said.
Old 11-06-2005   #15
Jerry
Veteran

Quote:
not sure who your reply was too, but if it was mine, then all I did was ask a simple question regarding our QB and coaching decisions and your opinion on it. I didn't use the word blame, you did.

as for the thread, come on guys can't you see the light. This was by far David Carr's best game this year, no DD to fall back on. Obviously DD is a crutch to Carr's learning and playing better. It is as obvious as the nose on your face. Trade DD or sit him down and make Carr play well every game. The offense opened up, the WR's hands improved, the Kicking game was good, the entire game was competitive. OBVIOUSLY when DD isn't playing the Texan bring their 'A game'. Sit him down and play Wells, he played his best game to date, IMHO, even. The whole team seems to be more focused and playing better without him.

So, because DD didn't play, the O-line magically improved and the WR's magically got better? I'm sure AJ's return didn't affect the change in coaching plans either; the impact of a Pro-Bowl receiver obviously pales in comparison to a change in running backs. DD has accounted for about 1/2 of our total offense before today's game. Without him, we would score even fewer points (if that was actually possible...)
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #16
thegr8fan
All Pro

actually I think our average is 10-11 pts per game and we scored 14. But that is splitting hairs. And still makes the point that DD isn't the key to whether we score points or not. If he was we wouldn't have scored our average without him.
Old 11-06-2005   #17
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1
Noooooo waaaay dude. Are you out of your mind? DD is the 3rd best player on this team. Only AJ and Dunta are better. It's not DD's fault Carr has no field vision. I.E. The Texans last play of the game. Once we get a real coach in here, DD will be used appropriately like Ladanian and you will see how important this guy is to the team. He is very versitle. Good runner and good catcher. Should use like Westbrook but run more.
Old 11-06-2005   #18
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
AJ's return didn't affect the change in coaching plans either
how many TD's did he score? He didn't seem to be a huge part of the game today, so no, the coach's didn't seem to change their gameplan due to his return.

Quote:
So, because DD didn't play, the O-line magically improved and the WR's magically got better?
don't forget our QB, whom some on this board feel had a BREAKOUT game this time out. Magic? OK, if you want we will simply say DD has bad MOJO.
Old 11-06-2005   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
So, because DD didn't play, the O-line magically improved and the WR's magically got better? I'm sure AJ's return didn't affect the change in coaching plans either; the impact of a Pro-Bowl receiver obviously pales in comparison to a change in running backs. DD has accounted for about 1/2 of our total offense before today's game. Without him, we would score even fewer points (if that was actually possible...)
i dont follow your thoughts in this thread, you seem to be arguing two seperate, opposite points with yourself.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What if the Texans had a coaching staff that could utilize Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis at the same time? That would be just fine and dandy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read