Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Drob coverage

Doom Capers

Waterboy
Hey guys. I missed the game.....thank god.....Who did Robinson cover? Was he on smith most of the game? Just wondering how my boy did.

Doom Capers said:
Hey guys. I missed the game.....thank god.....Who did Robinson cover? Was he on smith most of the game? Just wondering how my boy did.
lol, putting the # 1 corner on therir #1 reciver.. get rea. Drob had a pretty bad game.. no problems covering people, they really didnt throw his way, but he had a terrible day tackling, whiffed a few times...

Robinson actually looked more like pbuc on defense today! Coverage wasn't too bad but not as good as usual but his tackling was terrible. He whiffed on many open field shots and bounded right off the Jag players several times including the touchdown run by Jones!

kenneth24 said:
bounded right off the Jag players several times including the touchdown run by Jones!
Jones is a 250 lb freight train with arms like the thighs of most adult men. I remember seeing a college game when Sean Taylor bounced off like Jones
like he'd hit a brick wall and Taylor goes about 230. D-Rob has nothing to be
embarresed about for not getting Jones down.

Dunta is slowly but surely learning the lessons that all Vets end up learning eventually. On that Jones TD run he may have figured out that he has to slow down and wrap up on guys like Jones and perhaps slow him down enough to get help from his teammates because not matter how fierce a hitter he is, at 174 pounds he just isn't going to knock everyone out. I’m not worried about him but we just saw one of his 'young player becomes vet' lessons on that play.

Vinny said:
Dunta is slowly but surely learning the lessons that all Vets end up learning eventually. On that Jones TD run he may have figured out that he has to slow down and wrap up on guys like Jones and perhaps slow him down enough to get help from his teammates because not matter how fierce a hitter he is, at 174 pounds he just isn't going to knock everyone out. I’m not worried about him but we just saw one of his 'young player becomes vet' lessons on that play.

True, it would be ignorent to think that this second-year player has learned all there is to know about football. I'm not too worried about D-rob, every player has a no-so-great game now and then, guess it was D-Rob's time this time. :)

I'll add to the above commentary that D-Rob pretty well shut down his side of the field for most of the game. You didn't hear his name called and almost all the passes that were completed were done in the vicinity of Faggins, Buchanon, and Coleman. Robinson had that tackling issue, but when fans don't see or hear from you most of the game (at the CB position), that's not a bad thing.

Robinson still covered pretty well, he had one or two plays he got juked off the man a bit. His tackling was also not up to his usual high standards. This year he's been one of the most sure tacklers on the team (generally not good when a CB is one of your best tacklers) but yesterday he missed a few as well. Someone I know said it looked like he was favoring a shoulder like he was hurt as well, but I can't back that up with any kind of definitive proof.

Back