Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 11 - National Emberrassment

What can this organization do to avoid being completely emberrassed in front of a national audience in 2 weeks? If things continue on this course the team will be coming into the game 1-9 and the stands will be empty. The few fans that are there will be booing louder than ever. Is there anything that can be done at this point or is it predetermined that this regime has set the organization back years?

Last edited by the wonger need food; 11-06-2005 at 03:48 PM.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

you are one negative cat.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

More like realistic he is just telling it like it is you cant polish S%^@
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
What can this organization do to avoid being completely emberrassed in front of a national audience in 2 weeks? If things continue on this course the team will be coming into the game 1-9 and the stands will be empty. The few fans that are there will be booing louder than ever. Is there anything that can be done at this point or is predetermined that this regime has set the organization back years?
-
We've only been set back 4 years, wonger - that isn't a lifetime - just a few thousand $$ for season tickets. I'm usually optimistic to the point of nauseating - but I think this season is pretty predetermined/preordained/a foregone conclusion. What can be done? Oh, McNair bopping Capers with a playbook would be fun to witness. I don't think much of anything can be done at this point but I would sure love to see a change in the hc even if it meant an interim. It may not change the season, but it just might give the players a little chance for hope and a smile.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The first 5 weeks or so the Texans let teams walk all over them. The last few games, they've shown effort. I think most Texans fans are savvy enough to realize this and will come out ready to support effort. If it's there, they will cheer. If not, they will boo. If the Texans can get Hodgdon back on the field and Pitts back to LT, they should be competitive against the Chiefs.
Old 11-06-2005   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
-
We've only been set back 4 years, wonger - that isn't a lifetime - just a few thousand $$ for season tickets. I'm usually optimistic to the point of nauseating - but I think this season is pretty predetermined/preordained/a foregone conclusion. What can be done? Oh, McNair bopping Capers with a playbook would be fun to witness. I don't think much of anything can be done at this point but I would sure love to see a change in the hc even if it meant an interim. It may not change the season, but it just might give the players a little chance for hope and a smile.
it would not be a very thick playbokk: HB dive left, HB dive left, dump-off to RB, punt...
Old 11-06-2005   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The first 5 weeks or so the Texans let teams walk all over them. The last few games, they've shown effort. I think most Texans fans are savvy enough to realize this and will come out ready to support effort. If it's there, they will cheer. If not, they will boo. If the Texans can get Hodgdon back on the field and Pitts back to LT, they should be competitive against the Chiefs.
and thats the whole problem... we dont want to be comptetative, we wbat to WIN!!! this whole menatlity is going a long way towards the problems we are having. the one time we were agressive (4th and inches) we got a TD...
Old 11-06-2005   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default final drive/almost win...Capers happy?

Quote:
Unfortunately, your post has a point. For the Texans, especially with Dom Capers, these football games are not about winning--instead, they are about how you lose and sometimes even win with his philosophy. He's probaly going to be very excited with post game comments, almost giddy. Why? Capers lives and breathes to have a chance on the final drive of the game to try and make a difference in that game. If the team achieves that goal--win or lose--nothing else matters. That final drive-in this exact scenario-is the closest Capers will come to coaching to win the football game...so, bottom line, Capers is feeling pretty good right now...

Last edited by tsip; 11-06-2005 at 04:13 PM. Reason: sl
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Unfortunately, your post has a point. For the Texans, especially with Dom Capers, these football games are not about winning--instead, they are about how you lose and sometimes even win with his philosophy. He's probaly going to be very excited with post game comments, almost giddy. Why? Capers lives and breathes to have a chance on the final drive of the game to try and make a difference in that game. If the team achieves that goal--win or lose--nothing else matters. That final drive-in this exact scenario-is the closest Capers will come to coaching to win the football game...so, bottom line, Capers is feeling pretty good right now...
Winning is not on Dom Caper's agenda. Keeping games close is the goal. Undoubtedly, he is very happy with this game.

"I thought our guys fought hard, we just didn't execute."

This is exactly why he needs to be fired at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning.
Old 11-06-2005   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first 5 weeks or so the Texans let teams walk all over them. The last few games, they've shown effort. I think most Texans fans are savvy enough to realize this and will come out ready to support effort. If it's there, they will cheer. If not, they will boo.
Thank you, my exact sentiments ! They played hard and were in the game to
the very end as contrasted with earlier in the season when they were not even competitive. After the last couple weeks, I'm feeling much better about
the team even though they have continued to lose.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, we are no longer an embarrassment to NFL football like we were when we were historically bad earlier in the year never having a single lead. We have risen to just being a bad team. Today's game gave us a glimpse of NFL football.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
the very end as contrasted with earlier in the season when they were not even competitive. After the last couple weeks, I'm feeling much better about
They are worse (a lot worse) than they were in their expansion season. If that's something to feel good about I want what you're taking.
Old 11-06-2005   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Right on. We played a team that was favored to beat us by 2 touchdowns, and we played them hard. Yes, I would have liked a win but for the first time this year I found the game entertaining - I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a play. Unlike the Browns game which was a comedy of (Brown's) errors, we at least were earning our shot at the win today.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mathis could have tipped the scales back for the Texans.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

It won't be a national embarrassment because few will be watching. The Texans are already a joke on a national level and it keeps coming and won't end until they can at least finish a season at .500. Today there was Frank Caliendo's pregame skit poking fun at W picking the Texans, and Boomer Esiason's halftime remarks about the Jags being "pathetic and embarrassing" for trailing the lowly Texans (nothing about the Texans playing a good game). Right now, our Texans are viewed as the worst team in the NFL and it's well deserved. Put the Capers "we really fought hard" spin on it all you want. This team is not good and won't be good until there is major change in management, coaching, and personnel.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I agree, we are no longer an embarrassment to NFL football like we were when we were historically bad earlier in the year never having a single lead. We have risen to just being a bad team. Today's game gave us a glimpse of NFL football.

I agree with Vinny's take .... I was screaming at the TV just like many other Texans fans but in the end it may have been best, long term, that we lost .... God forbid we eek out a few upset wins and Capers survives .....
Old 11-06-2005   #17
belars44
Rookie

As per the norm, I totally agree with aj on this one, and I think it is just what he mentioned that many don't consider when attempting to analyze this team's failures this current year.

The game Sunday night will barely peek the interest of any other than those willing to lay money on the outcome. The guy I am taking to the game actually mentioned that he is looking forward to being in a home team stadium and hearing the resounding boo's that will be projected.....oh, and he is a Texan fan, just a realistic one.

Relish this Sunday night "primetime" game, because it will be the last one we see for quite awhile.......
belars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #18
karen9977
Rookie

Wonger you are very negative. I was happy with the effort both sides gave today. We played better than the Jags. By the way, check your spelling (embArrassment) so you won't be embarrassed.
karen9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen9977
By the way, check your spelling (embArrassment) so you won't be embarrassed.

oh Karen, if only I weren't married....
Old 11-06-2005   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
More like realistic he is just telling it like it is you cant polish S%^@
leave it to the second most negative guy on the board to back up the first most negative guy. go put your glass under the fountain and get some water in that bad boy.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read