Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #1
Fldvldog
Veteran

Default Good Game Houston

It was a hard fought game, and we finally won. We finally got the Houston Texans monkey off of our back. Leftwich went PERFECT in the second half, as he didn't even throw a pick. And how about Ernest Wilford. I am man enough to say that we may not have won without EW. Hopefully we can get some value out of Reggie Williams.

Good Game

*** No offense, but Capers is not a very good coach. You all had all 3 timeouts at end of second, and you all ran the clock.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
*** No offense, but Capers is not a very good coach. You all had all 3 timeouts at end of second, and you all ran the clock.
Capers is happy with this one... trust me. Winning is not part of the agenda.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for the good sportsmanship.

I am glad we lost. Glad we played competitively...but glad we lost. We need to get rid of Capers, and a winning streak gives Capers the wiggle room we fear could set him free from the death sentence he's been given.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

I am glad we lost. Glad we played competitively...but glad we lost. We need to get rid of Capers, and a winning streak gives Capers the wiggle room we fear could set him free from the death sentence he's been given.
I agree. Plus I don't want to lose our standing for the #1 overall pick. It might be a tight race and every loss helps.

Jacksonville may have won in the end but most of this game, both their team and fans had have felt defeated and a little embarassed to be getting shut out at home by a 1-6 team.

Good win for Jax. I still would have liked to see the Texans get the "W".
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #5
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

i thought lbc justin's. "jags worse team in the afc? " or was it just south? thread on the Jaguars board this off season was humerous.

face it, every texan fan had this marked as a W the entire off season.
every single one.
same with the tack game you guys lost earlier. nothing is guarenteed, maybe you guys will learn that.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats guys. You Jag fans were great this week as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
It was a hard fought game, and we finally won. We finally got the Houston Texans monkey off of our back. Leftwich went PERFECT in the second half, as he didn't even throw a pick. And how about Ernest Wilford. I am man enough to say that we may not have won without EW. Hopefully we can get some value out of Reggie Williams.

Good Game

All you have to do to see how we feel about Capers is to check my avatar...
Old 11-06-2005   #8
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Good Game

Great game jags those three time outs we really dont have a leader to drive us down the field. so it really does not matter
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:

I would like to say I'm ashamed to have you as a Texans fan with you saying you're glad we lost.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Sure, it's easy to be the good sport to come back when you win... pfft. I'm impressed the Texans had the Jags worried and booing their team till the final TD in the 4th.

Besides, I didn't know the Texans were a monkey on the Jags back... what's the overall now 4-3? Not much of a monkey.

Capers and crew are still gone at the end of the season, so we can't take offense at a "bad coach"... I would've preferred the win.

But good game, agree on that and if there's a silver lining - glad we're giving a better effort the past two games than the first 5.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #11
ManningColts
Rookie

Talking

Quote:

Good Game

A hard fought game it was. Houston should have won it. Your Jags won by shear luck and luck only. Don't take so bad Houston Fans, Jax always win their games by luck and sooner or later, it runs out. Penalties is what saved them. Byron is no QB. He's so slow in his delivery and he is not a QB that will take you to the play-offs. Jags as a whole is a lame team, the're Defense is so easy to run through and when they try to stop the run, you can pass them to death. They just plain suck.
ManningColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #12
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManningColts
A hard fought game it was. Houston should have won it. Your Jags won by shear luck and luck only. Don't take so bad Houston Fans, Jax always win their games by luck and sooner or later, it runs out. Penalties is what saved them. Byron is no QB. He's so slow in his delivery and he is not a QB that will take you to the play-offs. Jags as a whole is a lame team, the're Defense is so easy to run through and when they try to stop the run, you can pass them to death. They just plain suck.
I think that somebody is a little worried about the division crown...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #13
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still soooo pissed over the running of the clock. :brickwall I am not happy with Capers at all (what's new!).
What I am happy with is the fire and heart that most of our players took to Alltel. Minus the O line, of course.
We need to market them as a large sieve, and at least get some cash back on our bad investment. Anyone need some porous cheesecloth?

Good game Jag fans. Y'all whom have travelled over here this game have been a pleasure (this hurts, Jags and pleasure in the same sentence? I may have to vomit). Good banter and information all week.
I will be over at your house to butt heads as usual, flvldog.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #14
Fargin
Rookie

Well I'm back, but as I said in my last post, not to gloat. It was a hard fought game and a contrast of halves. I'm just glad that the Jaguars turned it around in the second half and came back to win. Our first half had me worried. Good Luck until Christmas Eve sorry that I can't wish you a Merry Christmas.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags had 12 men on the field on defense, Bradford was a secret agent.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"I would like to say I'm ashamed to have you as a Texans fan with you saying you're glad we lost." -- MorKnolle

-----------

Love you, too.

You obviously cannot see the forest for the trees.

In case you've been absent for awhile...the Texans 2005 season was over during week 17 of 2004. Since then, we've been steadily nose-diving behind this team's coaching.

The effort you saw today was typical Capers: Low risk playcalling, mostly curls and RB dumps...and ONE deep pass at the end of the game.

I'm not ashamed of you, even though you think winning is in the best interest of this team's FUTURE.

We got our one win to avoid being the worst team in NFL history. Now all we need to do is lose "competitively" and get this season behind us so we can (a) Get a better HC and a better staff behind the new HC, and (b) get into the draft at about the Top 3 or Top 5 at the worst so we can rebuild this team the way it should have been built the first time: OL.

Sorry you feel that way about me. I love me some me.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
I love me some me.

we knew that already ....
Old 11-06-2005   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You obviously cannot see the forest for the trees.

In case you've been absent for awhile...the Texans 2005 season was over during week 17 of 2004. Since then, we've been steadily nose-diving behind this team's coaching.

The effort you saw today was typical Capers: Low risk playcalling, mostly curls and RB dumps...and ONE deep pass at the end of the game.

I'm not ashamed of you, even though you think winning is in the best interest of this team's FUTURE.

We got our one win to avoid being the worst team in NFL history. Now all we need to do is lose "competitively" and get this season behind us so we can (a) Get a better HC and a better staff behind the new HC, and (b) get into the draft at about the Top 3 or Top 5 at the worst so we can rebuild this team the way it should have been built the first time: OL.

Sorry you feel that way about me. I love me some me.
I don't understand why anyone would not want the first pick in next year's draft and to ensure that Capers and his staff are out of here.

It's going to be a tough battle for that #1 pick, but I think that the Houston Expansion Franchise should be able to execute with consistency and lose the rest of their games.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #19
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The Jags did a great job. I have liked Del Rio from the get-go. He must have fired up you cats during half-time, cause that was a totally different crew that came on the field. Wilfred did some phenomenal work, and Byron was perfect in the second half. I wish we could have held y'all off for two and a half more minutes, but that's football. Good game!
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #20
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Good game Jags. I'm glad our guys made it competitive today. Good luck next week and see you around Christmas.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read