Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #81
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

All through the game several posters were whinning about not throwing anything over 10-12 yards. Then when Carr pitches a perfect strike about 20-25 yards they whine that he should have thrown short. To some it will not matter what Carr does or how well he plays, they will whine because they don't want him at QB. The Bradford throw was a VERY good toss. If he had thrown to AJ, maybe AJ drops it, or maybe he is stoped short of the 1st down, maybe he catches it and they catch him and time runs out or maybe he makes it to the end zone. There are no garantees that the outcome would have been any better or worse. If Mr hands of stone had caught the ball (hit him in the worst possible spot, his hands), we would have been inside the 10 and he would have went out of bounds on the reception, stopping the clock. We would have at least 1 or 2 shots to the enzone from there. Would we have made it????? sorry, the crystal ball is a bit dark on that one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #82
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
That was a 3rd time stream.
In my stream bradford caught it, we end up socring on the play and, seeing as we are 1-6 we go for it on the 2 point conversion and get it!!! woot, texans win...
Old 11-06-2005   #83
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
he is probably trying to be more profesional.
I asked this in a previous post---why is David Carr labeled immature for yelling at his teammates and spiking the ball but Peyton Manning is labeled as competitive for doing the exact same thing?!?!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #84
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
I asked this in a previous post---why is David Carr labeled immature for yelling at his teammates and spiking the ball but Peyton Manning is labeled as competitive for doing the exact same thing?!?!

May be Peyton has proven he can win a game from behind or may be he has proven he can win more than two games in a row. just may be?
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #85
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
All through the game several posters were whinning about not throwing anything over 10-12 yards. Then when Carr pitches a perfect strike about 20-25 yards they whine that he should have thrown short. To some it will not matter what Carr does or how well he plays, they will whine because they don't want him at QB. The Bradford throw was a VERY good toss...
You know the score. The QB gets too much credit, too much blame. The tougher the loss, the more blame.

I feel for Bradford. He was on the verge of a big day. He had that ball and brought it in to his chest. He had it. Does someone sneak vaseline on Corey's jersey? Just buzzard luck.
Old 11-06-2005   #86
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
May be Peyton has proven he can win a game from behind or may be he has proven he can win more than two games in a row. just may be?
But if he acts "professional" and keeps his mouth shut, all he will hear is how he doesn't have any heart and isn't doing anything vocally to lead the team. Because when you have guys dropping the ball on you and giving you nothing but "look-out" blocks you don't get a whole lot of chances to lead by "example".
Old 11-06-2005   #87
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Nice catch Bradford, way to keep my belief that we cant win when it matters!

But I am sure it was David Carrs fault
HE HAS NO FIELD VISION
Old 11-06-2005   #88
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
That is why if you can read Carrs mouth on the sideline after that when he is talking to Pendry he says "he was not open", speaking of Dre and the last play.
Don't assume he was talking about the last play. It could have been the sack that happened a play or two before that.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #89
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

The pass was perfect, double Coverage or not. You could not have put the ball any better into the hands of Bradford.

ANYONE saying Johnson was open, well hindsight is 20/20 but you have to admit the pass Carr made to Bradford was perfect and he dropped the ball.

With Johnson dropping passes, Carr should have looked for Gaffney, the only guy who can actually catch the ball.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #90
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
We had 6 sacks today. How many do you blame on the O-line (3). And most of those I would put on the Coaches for putting Wand at LT after Hodgeson injury instead of LG and leaving Pitts where he has had some success lately. Wand has already proven last year and these preseason he can't handle the speed off the end, but he is big and strong enough to handle a DT on the inside.

1st sack goes to Morency pitful blitz pick up.

Other 2, go to Carr. And one of them he even saw the DB coming up. He could have just tossed it away, but he slide ONE yard behind the line, so it counts as a sack.
That wasnt a bad play when there is 2 min. and some change left you want the clock to keep moving when its going to be 3rd and long.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #91
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Last play of the game - Carr throws over the middle to Johnson on 4th down. Andre drops the ball!

Houston fans are livid! Bradford was streaking down the sideline for a sure touchdown. Carr is inept! Why throw to the middle of the field when time is running out? Isn't he trying to win? Is every throw a pass to AJ or a dump off to the RB?

The moral of the story is you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Exactly right, but the moral to the story is if you filter all your information with a desired result in mind, you will find information to support that desired result. Several folks around here while self-proclaiming themselves as realistic non-homers have an open agenda at this point and have lost any inclination or ability to objectively view Carr's play as a piece of the O.
Old 11-07-2005   #92
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Agreed. I can't believe people are blaming the loss on Carr? He a good game and put the ball right in Bradfords hands.

Why not blame Seth Payne for the loss?? If he didn't hold on a defensive play which is a questionable call to begin with, we have the ball going the other way and it's still 14-14.

We can't blame Seth because it is a team game, not a Carr game.

Carr loss the game a few plays before the droped pass when he threw the ball 20 ft over AJ's head with nobody within 15 yards of AJ at about the 10 yard line. Carr had all the time he wanted on this play terrible pass.
also Coleman & Fraggins play terrible Sunday.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #93
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
Carr loss the game a few plays before the droped pass when he threw the ball 20 ft over AJ's head with nobody within 15 yards of AJ at about the 10 yard line. Carr had all the time he wanted on this play terrible pass.
Terrible pass?!?! AJ admits that he thought Carr had already done something else with the ball and stopped his route? Again its Carr's fault the receiver didn't finish off the play!:brickwall
Old 11-07-2005   #94
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The Texans are on a tough run. I sure hope that all the Carr-bashers will fess up when he is leading us to victories next year.
Old 11-07-2005   #95
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
That pass was a mis-communication between the two on the route, and yes Andre stopped early on the route. Carr said on the 610 interview this morning that it was supposed to be a "legal pick" play and that the guys ran into each other.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #96
kenneth24
Veteran

If the ball hits the receiver in the hands (or elbow or helmet) while he's open and drops it but Carr is the one that throws it, does it really count as a drop ball?!?!?
Old 11-08-2005   #97
LBblitz
Veteran

Carr gets bashed for not throwing to anyone other than AJ or DD. He then gets bashed for not throwing to AJ?! Yes I know AJ was open and could have gotten the first down and out of bounds but at 1-7 you have to go for the win. I see everyone complain how they want play calling to win not to be "close" and bash carr because he went for the win. I really am confused. I personally feel Carr made the right choice and showed his talent to make that throw.
Old 11-08-2005   #98
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default Carr...

Im by no means a carr basher, but have you guys seen the games and seen instances where he's out of the pocket and can jus throw the ball away instead of taking a sack...he did it on the final drive of the game and it cost them 5 yards! Its not his ability that i'm questioning its his decision making, in the nfl you dont need to have the great athelete to be a good dominant qb, you need parts around you, you need weapons, i know that, but carr in year 4 has taken a giant step back in his progression, he's regressed! No one can argue that, just look at the game tape and you can see that there are lots of sacks this year where he just made the wrong decision.... i hope he's back next year i hope they upgrade the offensive line, and most of all i hope if they have the number 1 pick they take Reggie Bush, the oilers in 87 passed on erik dickerson, i dont want to see the texans make the same mistake, they could use a playmaker running back with the conservative offense they run : )
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #99
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan0305
Im by no means a carr basher, but have you guys seen the games and seen instances where he's out of the pocket and can jus throw the ball away instead of taking a sack...he did it on the final drive of the game and it cost them 5 yards! Its not his ability that i'm questioning its his decision making, in the nfl you dont need to have the great athelete to be a good dominant qb, you need parts around you, you need weapons, i know that, but carr in year 4 has taken a giant step back in his progression, he's regressed! No one can argue that, just look at the game tape and you can see that there are lots of sacks this year where he just made the wrong decision.... i hope he's back next year i hope they upgrade the offensive line, and most of all i hope if they have the number 1 pick they take Reggie Bush, the oilers in 87 passed on erik dickerson, i dont want to see the texans make the same mistake, they could use a playmaker running back with the conservative offense they run : )
If his big decision making problem is what that he does not get rid of the ball instead of taking a loss, then I'm confident he can figure that out like you said if they upgrade the O-Line. I agree that he should know that by now (Im tired of yelling at the TV "Throw the damn ball!) but at the same time when Carr does get enough time to throw he makes good throws to the right receiver. Most QBs though would get killed in the pocket and never get a chance to get out and take the 2 to 5 yard loss and the Texans would be stuck with a 10 yard loss.
Old 11-08-2005   #100
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default yup...

But at the same time isn't he suppose to be a leader? He's the number one pick in the draft, he doesn't show the leadership quality's demanded out of a number one pick, why is it that in the post news conference it's never david carr's fault? He never decides to take any blame on him, take the initiative, man up when you've had a bad game. I'm not saying Carr had a bad game last week, actually i'm semi-happy with his performance. But at the same time they lost... he made crucial errors, first the fumble which gave the jags a short field, then the sack for a loss, on both plays carr had time to make the right decision and get rid of the ball but chose not to. Also i agree there are points in the year when he looks like he's got it together where it looks like he can find the reciever down the field, but it's not like the Texans have played great opponents this year the 2 teams that stand out that they just had no chance in where the Steelers, and the Colts, the rest of the games i hate to break it to all the texans fans are winnable games (they stayed with cincinnatti and had a chance to win the game late, and i guarantee no one predicted the Seattle outcome they should have atleast kept it competitive), I hate to beat a dead horse but his decision making throughout the year has been horroundous, he has talent so there is some upside and i hope they stick with him until he has a functional offensive line, but someone on the coaching staff needs to get into his head and let him know that it's not always the lines fault there are instances where sacks are taken when they shouldnt be..........

texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read