Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #41
kenneth24
Veteran

Default Why didn't we challenge the play!??!

When Jacksonville was driving down the field earlier in the 4th quarter they threw a pass down the sideline that i believe went to smith and he only got one foot in bounds and his shoulder landed out of bounds and it looked more like his momentum that our guy touching that made him land out of bounds! It happened on the play right before the BS call on Seth Payne.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #42
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneymoonIsOver
BTW that Defensive Holding call on Payne was total BS and cost us that game as much as Bradford's inability to make a play when it counts.
I agree, that defensive holding seemed like BS but they refused to show it again so I'll have to check it on tape in a couple days.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #43
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
When Jacksonville was driving down the field earlier in the 4th quarter they threw a pass down the sideline that i believe went to smith and he only got one foot in bounds and his shoulder landed out of bounds and it looked more like his momentum that our guy touching that made him land out of bounds! It happened on the play right before the BS call on Seth Payne.
Smith's knee came down in bounds too so that was a good catch, and Bradford dropped that ball before he came down, the replay they showed afterward clearly showed that. Not sure why we didn't throw to Andre although I can't overly fault Carr for throwing a great ball to Bradford that should have been caught. Let's hope Mathis will be back next week so Bradford won't have to be in the game even on four-WR sets. Good to see Andre back and making an impact.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #44
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger needs glasses
He led his team to another loss. He has led his team to 4 wins in the last 16 games. That's really the bottom line.
Gee thanks, Wonger. I'll bet Seth Wand, Corey Bradford, Jason Babin, Buchanon, McKinney, and other underperforming players really appreciate you leaving them out of the blame.

Old 11-06-2005   #45
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though Carr passed up the the % pass to AJ (especially under the circumstances), bottom line is he was a playmaker and Bradford wasn't.
And what a pass ! Dang, Bradford should have had that - this is the NFL right !
Another crucial play appears to be the injury to Hodgdon which took him out of the game and resulted in Wand instead of Pitts at LT.
And it sure was great to have AJ back on the field ! Finally puts some teeth
in the offense again.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #46
kenneth24
Veteran

If Hodgdon can walk, he needs to be in the game! He's better than McKinney at center, but McKinney makes a pretty good guard and puts Pitts out at tackle where he is decent if he's not committing a penalty! Biggest thing is that it gets Wand out of the game. I guess I shouldn't hurt Wands feelings so i'll blame the coaches, WAND SHOULD NEVER STEP ON THE FIELD. If i hear one more time that they like his footwork and he has quick feet im gonna throw up! Dude is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!
Old 11-06-2005   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Hodgdon can walk, he needs to be in the game!
That's the problem...ankle injury I believe. It's hard to believe when your Center(s) get injured you move your LT to G. This is probably the only team in the NFL that would do this. I'm not comparing Chester Pitts to Orlando Pace but can you see the Rams move Pace to G if their centers go down? oye.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2005   #48
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneymoonIsOver
Casserley saying we overachieved last year....haha...how dare he say something like that. Fact is he said last year before the season that Playoffs were the goal. They didnt reach the goal. Thus they DIDNT OVERACHIEVE. Casserley is just grasping at air at this point. His fall is imminent.

Doug from the Woodlands
Looks like Doug from the Woodlands doesn't really know what the word OVERACHIEVE means. Casserly did not predict playoffs last year. Casserly did not expect playoffs last year. He said that the playoffs were the goal, but so what? What team does not have that goal?

Casserly is correct. They DID overacheive last year. They were a 4-12 team that actually went 7-9.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #49
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

well even though pitts is best at guard you sacrifice putting mckinney back at center where he is his worst with cruddy line calls and moving up to the 2nd level (and he isnt that great at guard either).

shows how versatile our line is....
Old 11-06-2005   #50
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Even though Carr passed up the the % pass to AJ (especially under the circumstances), bottom line is he was a playmaker and Bradford wasn't.
And what a pass ! Dang, Bradford should have had that - this is the NFL right !
Another crucial play appears to be the injury to Hodgdon which took him out of the game and resulted in Wand instead of Pitts at LT.
And it sure was great to have AJ back on the field ! Finally puts some teeth
in the offense again.
A quick look at stats shows that we had a fairly even split in yardage gained between the 2 halves. The Texans as a team handled the line shake-up pretty well.

I'll be interested to see a more detailed offensive break down if someone does the exercise this week.

Wand would be better with more PT. This is his first real play this season; a couple of mistakes should be expected (and corrected). He played fairly solid with the exception of those two plays in the final drive - and after them he was mauling his DE the final 6 plays. He must of gotten PO'd. Remember Pitts lined up illegally twice in the first series he moved to tackle - mistakes happen when you change position/start playing.

Last edited by Runner; 11-06-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #51
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

have they tried wand at RT? he has pass protection skill, bowhunting skill, nunchuck skill....er. just some pass protection skill but not much from the LT position.
Old 11-06-2005   #52
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

F *** Charley Casserly--got it?

Maybe the team did overachieve last year, but he has underachieved in his horrendous impersonation as a GM. He (along with the coaching staff) needs to have his sorry *** fired or I will seriously consider not renewing my season tickets.

I don't blame Carr for the loss. I thought he had a decent game, though he should've thrown the ball away on a couple of plays. Bradford is such a joke at WR I can't believe that ***** Casserly resigned him. He needs to be given his walking papers at the end of the year. The team desperately needs to sign a legit #2 receiver. I don't know who will be available, but Peerless Price is a guy the team should look at. He couldn't cut it as a #1, but behind AJ I think he would be fine. He certainly would be better than what we have.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #53
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
A quick look at stats shows that we had a fairly even split in yardage gained between the 2 halaves. The Texans as a team handled the line shake-up pretty well.

Wand would be better with more PT. This is his first real play this season; a couple of mistakes should be expected (and corrected). .
They handled the line shakeup well? Before Hodgdon injury, time to pass: After Hodgdon injury, no time to pass! The first play after Hodgdon was hurt, carr was running for his life! More PT?!!? are you kidding?!? Wand played quite a bit last year and was starting the first couple of games this year before we put a ROOKIE in that made the line better. Experience can't help speed and quickness! Dlinemen and LBs are flat out beating Wand around the end!
Old 11-06-2005   #54
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wand played quite a bit last year and was starting the first couple of games this year before we put a ROOKIE in that made the line better.
I have no comment about your insight after seeing your "facts".
Old 11-06-2005   #55
kenneth24
Veteran

from the texans website on bio for wand
2004: Started all 16 games at left tackle

Experience is not needed, talent is
Old 11-06-2005   #56
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
have they tried wand at RT? he has pass protection skill, bowhunting skill, nunchuck skill....er. just some pass protection skill but not much from the LT position.
Just a note - I said the same thing about Hodgdon to center, McKinney to guard, Pitts to tackle. Don't expect miracles the first game, give them some time, and they didn't look real good that first game as a unit - penalties and missed assignments. They did improve over time.

This coaching staff doesn't seem to have their starters ready to play; it is small wonder back-ups aren't ready.
Old 11-06-2005   #57
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
from the texans website on bio for wand
2004: Started all 16 games at left tackle

Experience is not needed, talent is
I was responding to your claim that he started a couple of games this year.

Yes, he started all 16 games last year, and did far better than the guy our brilliant coaching staff replaced him with this year. That was a coaching mistake, not a player mistake.
Old 11-06-2005   #58
kenneth24
Veteran

Sorry, he played quite a bit in the first couple of games and had been inactive since. you're right though, coaching is terrible! Riley was not the answer either, its no wonder nobody else wanted him. Samething with Bradford, we had let him go, nobody else wanted him and he starts for us? Maybe i shouldn't be slamming wand as much as i should be giving props to hodgdon because he makes the line better around him. Wand might be serviceable as a backup which is what he was in this circumstance but not at left tackle. Maybe the other posters are right and maybe we should try him on the right side.
Old 11-06-2005   #59
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
And if Bradford makes that catch. Which he should of suddenly Carr is a hero.

Bradford sucks. Carr did what was needed to win the game today. Bradford blew it.

You can argue all you want, but Bradford needs to catch the ball. He blew it, and you cant blame Carr for going for the win. I guess going for the win is a new concept to this team and some of its fans.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #60
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr went for the win, and Bradford sucks. Enough said.

And we need Mathis.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read