Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Thumbs up My Keys to Second Half Success vs. Jacksonville

Okay, respectable first half by our Houston Texans. We made some big plays offensively, in terms of the running game, we're picking up small, but solid gains. Defensively, we're getting off the field on 3rd downs, and playing motivated football.

However, we're only up 7-0 at this point, so obviously we still have a good amount of work to do. Here is what we need to do in the second half to put our guys in the best possible position to pull this one out...

- Find Andre Johnson for moderate yardage plays on offense. He's our playmaker, had some nice plays in the first half, lets continue to feed him.

-Protect David Carr. Drew Hodgon is out, his return is questionable. Now it's time for our O-Line to step up and pick up some blocks, as they have nicely thus far.

-Continue to make big plays on defense. This will also buil more momentum for our Texans.

Our halftime position is respectable, with a 7-0 lead. I'm cheering like crazy, never give up! Be a true fan,

Go Texans
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #2
TexansJunkE
Veteran

WOW.............I guess now we can say that with Chester at the LT position, we are a different team. Wand must go!
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
WOW.............I guess now we can say that with Chester at the LT position, we are a different team. Wand must go!

Why wasn't Wand put at LG, that is my question? Pitts has been doing very well, sacks are going down. So when one guy goes down, instead of replacing his position, we chang the whole left side. McKinney to Center and put Wand or who ever at LG and leave Pitts at LT. Make sense to me, hey but I'm not a Texan's coach so what do I know.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #4
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Good call! I can't believe they moved CP back to guard. Never thought about moving Wands inside, but I guess I can not think about those things............I'm not getting paid millions of dollars and a Head Coach of a NFL team.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read