Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2004   #21
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Mack was awesome when I played the Texans in Madden 2004. lol, he ran all over me. Got me so frustrated

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #22
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I didnt believe it I just had to go turn on espn to see it for myself. This is truly unreal, he has to be on drugs. Heres a question does this move make Ricky Williams one of the biggest NFL bust considering he didnt work out in New Orleans and is gone after 2 seasons in Miami and only 5 years in the NFL and all the picks the Saints used to move up to get him then all Miami spent to trade for him. He was supposed to be the next great back. Broke all those NCAA records and didnt do didly squat in the NFL. I mean he had decent numbers but if he only plays 5 seasons in kinda negates them. I dont know what else to say I am truly shocked I thought all this was a joke. Man my dad is a huge phins fan I sure hope he is having sweet dreams because tomorrow I'm going to have to call him and ruin his week, DAMN.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-25-2004 at 01:36 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #23
fball
Rookie

Default Ricky Williams to retire?

What's that!!!!
fball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

it is shocking

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-25-2004 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-25-2004   #25
tacoman_j
Veteran

Talking Dolphins= Worst Offseason EVER!!!

How is Wanny going to save his job. This must really suck. TE beats his wife, RB Quits, No clear cut QB, MLB has surgery before training Camps. Star DE plans to holdout till week 7 so that he can retain free agency status. Total turnover of players on the OL. Also, finish last season @ 10-6, yet no playoffs!!! THAT TEXANS LOSS REALLY HURT!!!!
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #26
SlimBooter
Rookie

This has got to be rough for the Dolphins. Not only does Ricky retire but he does so a day after Eddie George signs. Now they're stuck with Minor or have to trade out to find a RB. Maybe they can try and swindle a back from the Vikings but Minnesota probally couldn't get the paper work in on time.
SlimBooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #27
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I am just as shocked as everyone else. The only word that comes to mind is Wow! And they say there's never any big NFL news before training camps.

Williams has always been an odd cat, but this is beyond anything I would've expected from him. His passion for the game seemed to be reinvigorated when he came to Miami. I wouldn't put it past him to do another 180 sometime this year or next, but one thing is for sure. Wanstedt and the front office for Miami will be looking for new jobs come next season.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2004   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I was thinking about that too, he could have just single handedly screwed the Phins playoff chances and ended the Dave Wandstat era

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-25-2004   #29
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The Dolphins message boards are overloaded I cant even get in its like a bomb just went off oh well i guess ill give them to to grieve

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-25-2004 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2004   #30
SlimBooter
Rookie

Quote:
Vikings' head coach Mike Tice said Thursday that running back Michael Bennett will take the bulk of the carries and reamin on the field during goal line situations. When interviewed by KFAN radio in the Twin Cities, Tice said he plans to use Bennett until the four-year veteran indicates that he needs a breather.
Don't they still have Mo Williams and Ontario Smith?? I was thinking more so one of those guys in a trade rather than Bennett. I guess it's going to be a wait and see with this but either way this really damages the Dolphins to epic proportions.
Old 07-25-2004   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

They do look alot like a expansion team, after this season the everybody is going to want to jump ship. I would hate to be a Phins fan they are in for years of rebuilding. Maybe it will work out for the best I really dont think they were going to win anything with Dave at the helm hes to indecisive.

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-25-2004   #32
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say its time for the Dolphins to move to somewhere in Asia. Nowhere inparticular. Just travel anywhere Ricky's heart desires. Seems like the only way you'll ever see him in a Dolphin's uniform again.
Old 07-25-2004   #33
SlimBooter
Rookie

Would anyone else find it absolutely hilarious if Ricky Williams goes to all their road games and watches from the stands? After all, it would still be traveling.
Old 07-25-2004   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Im going to state this question again does this make Ricky one the NFL's biggest bust considering the hype and his potential coming into the league and what 2 teams gave up for him.

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-25-2004   #35
SlimBooter
Rookie

I wouldn't say he's a bust because he did produce quite a bit when he played.

I would think it would be more of a disappointment than a bust.
Old 07-25-2004   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

If he truly retires I dont think he is going to be able to show his face anywhere near the dolphins or Florida for that matter He'd better stay in Asia.

- Edmund Burke
Old 07-25-2004   #37
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

isnt disapointment and bust one in the same
Plus New Orleans gave up their whole 99 draft to get him-things didnt work out

Miami gave up 2 1st round picks to get him-things didnt work out

Yes he had decent numbers but retiring after only 5 years kinda negates that

I truly hate it when someone has so much god given talent and they just piss it away it just upsets me

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-25-2004 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2004   #38
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I don't think it negates his accomplishments at all. He was still very productive in those 5 years. 4 out of the 5 he had over 1000 yds. The only year he didnt get 1000 was his rookie season when he got around 800 yds. Barry Sanders retirement was seen as early and shocking, but it in no way negates his accomplishments in the NFL. It's the same as when someone attempts to discredit a QB for being a product of the system. He still put up the numbers and deserves credit for them. As I said before Ricky was an odd guy, but that wasn't unknown to NFL clubs. Drafting him came with inherent risks that come with any other prospect, but his negatives weren't the usual ones that GMs & coaches encounter. While most prospects were considered to be a risk due to their attitude/criminal history/behavior problems, Ricky was a risk because of his unusual nature and his personality disorder. I think you can chalk this up as you'd chalk up any other NFL player who suffered from a mental/personality disorder. Examples would be Barrett Robins, and the backup safety for the Bucs. Both suffered from depression, and I believe Robins also was bipolar. In the end you wouldnt take anything away from Sanders or Jim Brown for retiring early, therefore I don't think you can take much away from Williams even though his retirement is earlier than the other two. Football is like anything else in life. If you don't have the drive to do it anymore then there is no point in going through the motions.
Old 07-25-2004   #39
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

look on the bright side. we just moved up one spot on all power rankings lists.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #40
H-TownRules
Veteran

Smile I support Ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I truly hate it when someone has so much god given talent and they just piss it away it just upsets me
I think Ricky Williams is too big for the NFL...not necessarily talent wise but in the since that he wants to do so much in life. The guy is talented in many of his hobbies (was even drafted by the Phillies in 8th round to play baseball before going to college) and I think that he has just closed one of the many great chapters of his life. He proved he could play in the best football league in the world and I think that influenced him in making his decision to move onto something else. I have a feeling Ricky will show up again later down the road...famous for something else other than football. I've always kinda liked the Dolphins so I'm surprised when I find myself supporting what he is doing. He did choose a somewhat bad time to do what he did, but in my opinion thats Ricky. So I wouldn't say he is just pissing his talent away...he is simply moving on to another area of his life where he can show his other talents...life isn't too long and someone at his age should want to see the world and educate himself. If I recall he is really into photography too, so maybe he wants to travel the world taking photographs. I think what he is doing is being himself...always marching to the beat of a drum we can't always hear.

If anyone else supports him I'd like to hear it...I'm already sick of people givin him crap, and Ive only known for 4 hours or so.

Last edited by H-TownRules; 07-25-2004 at 05:31 AM.
H-TownRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read